ADVERTISEMENT

Strange thing happening here in Tar Heel Co. N.C.

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
Something odd happening here in Tar Heel County, North Carolina. Most of the time when I go out I'm wearing some type of Duke gear whether it is a cap. T-shirt or sweat shirt. I run into wonderful Duke fans who compliment me on what I'm wearing and of course the masses of unc cheater u fans that are out there wearing their wussy blue stuff. Usually they will make their standard derogatory comments about Duke or Coach K but some strange thing has been happening. I'm not seeing very many people wearing the wussy blue and if they are no one says anything to me. Another thing I have noticed is in retail stores I'm finding it a hard time to find Duke gear. One lady even told me they can't keep Duke gear in stock. Other other hand there is so much tar heel gear in the stores they could clothe all the homeless. Could someone enlighten me as to what's going on? toothly1124 what is your take on this? OFC

A buddy of mine is a tar hole fan. As much as he tries to be rational, the hole fan in him came out Saturday evening. He made a post on Facebook around halftime that he hoped GT laid 100 on the holes. He was very frustrated, to say the least. That is a typical NC hole fan.
I’ve been frustrated too in the past with Duke, but I watched every game in 95, hoping for the best.

I work part time in a sporting goods store. I had a customer come in this morning asking for a Carolina hoodie. I wanted to say why, but was nice. Most of their so called fans couldn’t tell you one thing about the team.

Funny, HOF COACH 'Ol Roy as you know was pretty "doggone" distraught on his drive home Saturday nite. He thought about all his team's troubles, too many missed shots, too many turnovers, etc. Most of all he fretted about Armando??? What would it take to light a fire under the freshman big??? Too many short misses,fouls and just trouble getting the motor going on this kid.

Well Roy thought he would stop at the local Mickey D's, and get him a Big Mack. The burger was given the added K only in Chapel Hill in honor of Mack's 7-6 football season, and beating one team with an over .500 record. Yikes Roy thought my 8-6 is only barely better than Mack's record....!!!!

Finally Roy said "screw it," "I dont care about Mack's record," "screw the way Armando's playing," and Roy moved on to the drive-thru, boiling mad! He ordered his "Coker Coler," and a Big Mack all the way! Clerk took his order and said "Coach you sure you want BACOT w/that?" That pushed Roy over the edge, and he went home hungry, promising to make a meal out of 'naner puddin!!' OFC

Reactions: skysdad and Mac9192
That is one of the most AWESOME things I have ever seen. I wish I could post this over at thr OFC

There used to be one on YouTube called arguing with David that was hilarious. It was animated. Very funny but I can’t find it now

I've been thinking and yes I know that can be a dangerous thing but is it possible that UK fans and unc cheater fans are all the same group of people that are having out of the body experiences. Just think about it? OFC

They( tarheels) sure enough hidding right now. Me and the family went to Asheville over the weekend. I had my Duke gear on that I got for Christmas. While pumping gas a car pulled into the pumps across from me. I didn't pay any attention until someone spoke to me saying he had to pump gas for his daughter because of me. I had to ask why and he stated because of me being a Duke fan. He said they were about to run out of gas but she was willing to take a chance before she pumped gas beside of a Duke fan. LOL. Way too much hate.
OFC

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT