ADVERTISEMENT

State is never a pushover it seems for us....

hart2chesson

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Oct 13, 2012
I dont care about Pack losses of late, and their poor play. I like Coach K's thinking about "we get everybody's best shot." State will be Sky High for us in front of a sellout crowd Saturday nite in PNC Arena.

This is a potential early season turnaround game for Kevin Keats club. I think will be ready particularly after BC. #GoDuke

OFC

Very true...but this State team has very little talent. Usually they have the talent but are underachieving or poorly coached.
State could have the five blind boys from Alabama and they’d still show up to play. We always get the Golden State Wolfpack team. Every player turns into Steph Curry and can’t miss a shot.

Last edited:
Wish Keats would have stayed in Wilmington. We were set to have one of our best teams this year. And finally beat an ACC team in the tournament.

I suspect our rivals think its all a bunch of BS, but without question it is a real thing. Too often teams play out of their minds against us. I think its not only the DUKE name on the jersey. I think players on other teams, especially battle worn upperclassmen see top freshman recruits and take it as a opportunity to make a statement. It's all good with me. I want to beat every team at its very best.

On a side note I caught a little bit of the GT/Miami game last night. 6-7 GT takes down a top 25 team at home and the relatively small arena was half empty. Really???

I am so proud that Duke fans support our teams!

Go Duke!

Alan

Reactions: Dad2ze
If we let this State team, without their starting pt guard hang with us, something is wrong. Not saying it can't happen, but this one shouldn't be close.

Until we see our defense improve, I'm worried about every single road game.

We have yet to comfortably beat a Power-5 team, I would love to be up 20 points most of the game, and not have a panic attack throughout the game.

Not saying they couldn't play well, it's just a lot of the time State plays to their potential against us and down to a lot of other teams...I just don't see their potential being very high this year. However, it's the ACC and they did heat Zona earlier, so it's not like they are some D2 school

Reactions: hart2chesson
Not saying they couldn't play well, it's just a lot of the time State plays to their potential against us and down to a lot of other teams...I just don't see their potential being very high this year. However, it's the ACC and they did heat Zona earlier, so it's not like they are some D2 school

They will be better than the team that played UNCG....

OFC

as long as we don't get away from feeding the post I'm not really concerned in any game. when we start jacking up 20+ 3s then I get nervous

Reactions: hart2chesson
Of all our losses last year, NC State at home was the most shocking by far, no way we lose to them again, I don't care if the game is played on Mars.

For sure they will be up for us. I believe they will shoot 30 3's against us. If they hit 15 we are in for a game. We need to start quickly like 10 and up 15 or more at half time. Come out in the second half and take the wind out of their sails double the half time lead. Make a statement on the road. OFC

For sure they will be up for us. I believe they will shoot 30 3's against us. If they hit 15 we are in for a game. We need to start quickly like 10 and up 15 or more at half time. Come out in the second half and take the wind out of their sails double the half time lead. Make a statement on the road. OFC

Like it!!!

Reactions: skysdad
I was given free tix to this game so I’ll try to bring the vibe and cheer us on to a HUGE win. Or as @pisgah101 would say a YUGE WIN. The biggest win you’ve ever seen. It’s gonna be of epic proportions!!!
Look at me, I got free tickets!

It's State, and it's on the road...yeah, I'm worried. It doesn't make any difference if they lost to Podunk U by 40 points, they'll be ready, and Duke better be too.

OFC
Miami too. They were projected to be really good this year and have lost to far inferior opponents including GT and have squeaked by in a lot of their wins. But you can bet your ass that they will play to their potential whe. Duke goes down there.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
What time is the game scheduled for tomorrow? Didn’t I see somewhere in a thread that the game time was changed or am I imagining that?

I really didnt expect this, although I expected a tough game.
Bad Trend-ACC DEFENSE:

BC/89
FSU/93
STATE/96

So much for increased practice time to work out the D......

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT