ADVERTISEMENT

So, bitter Cal takes a shot at Duke after losing Zion

Quavarius

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Aug 12, 2009
K has gotten under his skin and he's freaking out. IF K and Capel are trolling Cal with these timed announcements, he deserves it with all of the shots he's taken recently. Maybe recruits are turned off by him. Hmmm

“I don’t sell, ‘When you come here, the university and the state will take care of you for the rest of your life.’ You may buy that, and I’ve got some great property andsome swampland in Florida to sell you too.”

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/cal-takes-a-shot-at-duke.255309/#post-6544197

d5a.png

Sad. Loser.

That's a pretty ridiculous interpretation based on what a UK player said the Duke pitch was. I'm sure it wasn't about never lifting a finger again if you come to Duke, and if Cal isn't selling recruits on what UK will mean to them later on, he's a fool.

Sad. Loser.

That's a pretty ridiculous interpretation based on what a UK player said the Duke pitch was. I'm sure it wasn't about never lifting a finger again if you come to Duke, and if Cal isn't selling recruits on what UK will mean to them later on, he's a fool.

Guess cruits don't wanna go fishing with Cal.

Sorry Ass B--ch! Probably need to focus on getting back in the top 25 first!. I said on one of the other boards, I know it's not the GOAT's style, but I wish one time he would come right back at him.. I know K is whipping that ass in recruiting, but it's just so many times you're going to come at me in your little slick way through the media before I put you in your place. I can't stand that Whiny MF'er!

Sorry Ass B--ch! Probably need to focus on getting back in the top 25 first!. I said on one of the other boards, I know it's not the GOAT's style, but I wish one time he would come right back at him.. I know K is whipping that ass in recruiting, but it's just so many times you're going to come at me in your little slick way through the media before I put you in your place. I can't stand that Whiny MF'er!

K is letting his actions on the recruiting trail speak for him. I'm sure Cal's negativity towards Duke is turning them off, especially since a lot of them grew up as Duke fans.

K is letting his actions on the recruiting trail speak for him. I'm sure Cal's negativity towards Duke is turning them off, especially since a lot of them grew up as Duke fans.
Yeah I know, but just one time, a little comeback at him without mentioning his name. Sometimes people will continue to run their mouth until they get called on it. Most time after that, it stops. I hate the little digs he takes at K and Duke. Just me and my little opinion.

Yeah I know, but just one time, a little comeback at him without mentioning his name. Sometimes people will continue to run their mouth until they get called on it. Most time after that, it stops.

I feel ya. Trust me I do. The old man is at a point where he doesn't have to stoop to Cal's level because Cal wants to get into the mud. Had this been 20-30 years ago, K would've said "F*** you Cal" plenty of times.

That fanbase and this guy deserve each other. Hypocrite fanbas and coach.

Where is John Cheney when you need him.
Exactly, and you haven't heard his name come out of bitch ass since that incident a long time ago. He hides behind his fan base and feeds them this crap and they are dumb enough to buy it.

Reactions: Quavarius
This is also a lesson in crisis management. K never attacked Cal when he was having trouble landing elite recruits. He went to work. Now Cal is bitter and frustrated and has no strategy. This could drive Cal to cheating (again), which would be the ultimate TKO from K without having to lift a finger.

Reactions: bullettoothtony

I liken this to the way Apple handles their advertising. Once upon a time, Apple liked to attack their competitors. Krzyzewski, in the early days, made some attacks at Dean Smith. Now that Apple is the 800 pound gorilla, it doesn’t deem bottom-feeders like Samsung the time or energy to respond to their negative advertising. Same with Krzyzewski. Calipari is likely worried that he might be fired, given the state of Kentucky fans’ ability to handle a bad day.

To be fair, most of the UK replies don't seem to support this kind of talk from Cal. They're not all bad over at Rupp Rafters.

Reactions: youngman42
This is also a lesson in crisis management. K never attacked Cal when he was having trouble landing elite recruits. He went to work. Now Cal is bitter and frustrated and has no strategy. This could drive Cal to cheating (again), which would be the ultimate TKO from K without having to lift a finger.

Him getting caught would be almost as good as is winning the title.....almost.

This makes me absolutely livid! That SOB wasn’t bitching like a little whiny brat back in 14-15 when he hauled in a major recruiting class and then went 38-1. Ha! I have no respect for that man or his program! He’s nothing but a moron and doesn’t even deserve to be in the hall of fame. The fact he is in the hall of fame is an insult to other college basketball coaches who actually deserve it and who actually can coach! That whiny arrogant prick!!

This makes me absolutely livid! That SOB wasn’t bitching like a little whiny brat back in 14-15 when he hauled in a major recruiting class and then went 38-1. Ha! I have no respect for that man or his program! He’s nothing but a moron and doesn’t even deserve to be in the hall of fame. The fact he is in the hall of fame is an insult to other college basketball coaches who actually deserve it and who actually can coach! That whiny arrogant prick!!

Don't get livid or let him get your blood pressure up....Just smile and revel in his misery!!

Don't get livid or let him get your blood pressure up....Just smile and revel in his misery!!
I love Duke and when opposing fans take shots at Duke, it’s irritating but it’s expected. When a head coach does that kind of crap, especially when he has had his glory days in recruiting it’s absolutely ridiculous. Guess he’s trying to give his fanbase something they want to hear. I am reveling in his misery though!

He’s coming across as salty and just plain dumb. Not only is he not hurting our brand or recruiting by his remarks but he’s ironically potentially hurting his bc of how pathetic he looks as a sore loser. Do i want my kid to be coached by a guy who is going to throw a temper tantrum when things don’t go his way like that? Blaming everyone else.

K has gotten under his skin and he's freaking out. IF K and Capel are trolling Cal with these timed announcements, he deserves it with all of the shots he's taken recently. Maybe recruits are turned off by him. Hmmm

“I don’t sell, ‘When you come here, the university and the state will take care of you for the rest of your life.’ You may buy that, and I’ve got some great property andsome swampland in Florida to sell you too.”

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/cal-takes-a-shot-at-duke.255309/#post-6544197

Somebody needs to tell this dumb redneck that UK hasn’t been an option for Zion since back in late October. Even Z’s stepdad said that Z’s Final 4 schools were Duke, UNC, Clemson, and USCe. Kentucky and Kansas weren’t even a factor late.

Well said.

Don’t everybody get your hopes up about beating UK down next year. UK is taking on water- especially with Cal losing the dominating “cool” factor he once had. It’s all he has.... Cal will sprint away from adversity because well he’s a major “female dog”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT