ADVERTISEMENT

Seedings as of today

ioliva

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Jul 30, 2009
we'd be the 3rd number 2 seed apparently. Not sure how but here it is

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketbal...ens-basketball-committee-unveils-top-16-teams

by the way sorry for the "seedlings" thread title. autocorrect on iphone sucks

Obviously our seeding is going to be the most controversial but cincy #2 over mich state is laughable. They've beat absolutely nobody.

Wayyyy to early.

MSU has the #14 RPI, and has beaten two likely NCAA Tournament teams right now. Not really a surprise that they're outside the top-two seed lines.

Wayyyy to early.

MSU has the #14 RPI, and has beaten two likely NCAA Tournament teams right now. Not really a surprise that they're outside the top-two seed lines.
Didn’t some on here say they should be ranked number 1 this week? Yet they are a 3 seed right now.

Reactions: pisgah101
Their SOS is trash and so is their non conference SOS. Yeah they'll be top 5 because of their record but their schedule has not been tough at all.
Solid points. I think they are the most complete team in the country. Good pg play, size all around and pretty deep. I don’t want to see them again.

MSU is definitely our best win, so the better they do, the better we will do. That was my reasoning for rooting for them over Purdue yesterday.

Reactions: Quavarius
As long as Duke isn’t with UNC at the same site for 1/2 rounds I’m good. With UVa getting one spot in Charlotte Duke,Clemson and UNC will fight for that 2nd spot.

Reactions: pisgah101
Yea surprised auburn is top 2 seed and Michigan state is the third 3 seed

LOL! Auburn should be over Duke at this point. They're not the problem.

If anyone should drop for MSU, it's Duke.

MSU should be the #4 or #5 overall (top #2 or bottom #1) and Duke should be a bottom #2, top #3. They are too inconsistent at this point.

But the committee's "quad system" is absurd in the extreme. It's purely about $$$$ (money that is ostensibly being taken out of the hands of the players). The committee should be hauled out by their hair and thrown in the street. They epitomize the NCAA. And, other than a certain prominent politician, there are few people I find more despicable than the NCAA leadership (ostensibly, college Presidents).

Nova and Mich St must be heading for a big losing streak because everyone knows we always get the easy bracket...if that bracket holds true, I can't wait to hear how they spin it this time

Lunardi is an idiot first of all. He's actually pretty great at projecting the teams in the field but his regions are always pretty incorrect. He will get parts of the regions correct and what not but for the most part they're pretty wrong.

Projecting the field of 68 is really where he excels.

Lunardi is an idiot first of all. He's actually pretty great at projecting the teams in the field but his regions are always pretty incorrect. He will get parts of the regions correct and what not but for the most part they're pretty wrong.

Projecting the field of 68 is really where he excels.

He’s not really trying to project the regions....with exception to the top few seeds, anyone can go anywhere. His main job is projecting the field and their seed line. Beyond that, it’s fodder for hoops junkies.

He’s not really trying to project the regions....with exception to the top few seeds, anyone can go anywhere. His main job is projecting the field and their seed line. Beyond that, it’s fodder for hoops junkies.

Yeah exactly.

If you said going into the game @GT, we would finish out 6-1 without Bagley for at least several games then everyone would’ve taken that record happily. Think we lose one game at either @Clemson or @VT and we pound UNC, UL, and Cuse. That should get us a 2nd place ACC regular season finish and a chance to play Virginia in the final for ACC Tourney. We win and we get a one seed with all the other loses by Nova and Purdue. Think Xavier and Auburn lose at least once. My predictions for #1 seeds are:

UVA, MSU, Duke, and either Xavier/Auburn

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT