ADVERTISEMENT

Previewing Miami-Duke (and an introduction of sorts)

ConorONeill

Cameron Crazy
Staff
Aug 13, 2021
Greetings! I'm Conor O'Neill and I've been the publisher of Devils Illustrated since September.

I first want to apologize for a couple of things: One, how the transition from Brian McLawhorn was handled and two, for not having more of a regular presence on this side of the board.

I can remedy one of those things moving forward.

I'll do my best to post unlocked stories here -- like this preview for tomorrow night's Miami-Duke game -- in hopes that if you enjoy the coverage, you sign up for a premium membership. If not, no worries -- there will still be the occasional analysis or column posted that I'll link up on here, and I'll frequent the boards over here more often to answer any questions that might come up.

Thank you for sharing your excellent preview. Two things I look for are: (1) Will the Banchero we see be the aggressive one who overpowers people on his way to the basket, or the one who settles for 16 footers; and (2) can our guards pressure the Miami guards without getting beat off the dribble? If Duke can answer those two questions then I feel good about the game.

I think it will be a good test for us. I predict we win by 7. Miami is the type of team who can give us trouble. Sounds like they have 3 experienced, veteran guards. Miami appears to be smallish, so this may be yet another game that Mark does not match up well in. I'd still like to see Mark get 20 minutes, but Miami sounds like they can really spread the floor.

Greetings! I'm Conor O'Neill and I've been the publisher of Devils Illustrated since September.

I first want to apologize for a couple of things: One, how the transition from Brian McLawhorn was handled and two, for not having more of a regular presence on this side of the board.

I can remedy one of those things moving forward.

I'll do my best to post unlocked stories here -- like this preview for tomorrow night's Miami-Duke game -- in hopes that if you enjoy the coverage, you sign up for a premium membership. If not, no worries -- there will still be the occasional analysis or column posted that I'll link up on here, and I'll frequent the boards over here more often to answer any questions that might come up.
Conor is TOTALLY a class act. In addition to being a meticulous journalist, he's always glad to help out with website issues you may have. He helped me get my username back! OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT