ADVERTISEMENT

Please pray for Mike Irby, the mod at THR

Really sorry to hear of that. He was loyal to his team and dedicated to his fellow fans. He loved pulling for his team and loved them as much as I loved Duke. His board will miss him very much. One thing he and I stood on common ground was that both of us are Christians. I wish there were some way their board could see these post. Sometimes we just have to set rivals aside and become fellow men. May Heavenly Father and his only begotten so Jesus Christ comfort his family and friends. If any of you are able to copy and post this to thr please feel free to do so. OFC

Really sorry to hear of that. He was loyal to his team and dedicated to his fellow fans. He loved pulling for his team and loved them as much as I loved Duke. His board will miss him very much. One thing he and I stood on common ground was that both of us are Christians. I wish there were some way their board could see these post. Sometimes we just have to set rivals aside and become fellow men. May Heavenly Father and his only begotten so Jesus Christ comfort his family and friends. If any of you are able to copy and post this to thr please feel free to do so. OFC

I 'pasted' your post to THR, Sky. I think most of us feel the same.

OFC

North Carolina. He was also a pastor from what I gather. Been battling this since 2007.

Thank you cb34. No doubt he was a Christian and is in his final home. I know he misses family and friends but he is at peace and the cancer is gone. I don't think but a few of us can post at thr but please give our condolences. Rivalry is put aside in times like these. I communicated with Mike by e-mail a few years ago and no doubt in just the few words we exchanged which were very cordial I could tell he loved the Lord. Hope you and everyone else over there remember your friend as a man who indeed loved the Lord. OFC

Just googled his obit. He was 71 years old. Had no idea he was that age. OFC

So so sorry to hear this. RIP, Mike. My heart goes out to his loved ones.

Reactions: skysdad
It's a sad thing when one passes, but when I hear the wonderful things being said about his faith, that just blesses me, and I'm sure it's a comfort for his loved ones.

Reactions: HonkeyT and skysdad
Thank you cb34. No doubt he was a Christian and is in his final home. I know he misses family and friends but he is at peace and the cancer is gone. I don't think but a few of us can post at thr but please give our condolences. Rivalry is put aside in times like these. I communicated with Mike by e-mail a few years ago and no doubt in just the few words we exchanged which were very cordial I could tell he loved the Lord. Hope you and everyone else over there remember your friend as a man who indeed loved the Lord. OFC

Thank you for that skysdad.

I think it is known to a few on here that mike and I frequently clashed on his moderating. But I never thought less of him as a person. By all accounts he was a good, honorable man and whatever rewarding afterlife awaits us, he is certainly there.

I really hate to hear this news about Mike. He was a very nice man except for the tombstone but he was just his job as he thought best. There was probably not a more loyal Tar Heel fan. RIP Mike.

Reactions: skysdad
I really hate to hear this news about Mike. He was a very nice man except for the tombstone but he was just his job as he thought best. There was probably not a more loyal Tar Heel fan. RIP Mike.

He would have been a great Duke fan and a treasured poster here. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT