ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Post Game Thread

Coach325

Cameron Crazy
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2016
Just wanted to start a thread for discussion about the game last night......Obviously, Duke looked much better. I don't mean to be a negative Nancy, but Pitt is horrible so it's hard to gauge how much we have improved, but it was a beat down on their home floor and I'll take it. Here are some good things I noticed last night.

- We came out with much more intensity and you can tell a fire had been lit under them. (Allen and Duval slapping the floor the first couple minutes of the game tells me that the team was determined to improve defensively.)

- Duval shot the ball well last night (3-4 from three's) and played much better and more under control. Still don't want him shooting 3's as the first option, but it would help him, and the team, if teams had to at least respect him as a shooter.

- K played the bench. O'Connell, Vrank, White, Robinson, and Goldwire had all checked in by the 13 min mark I believe. Again, I'm thankful Coach K went deeper last night but the question is will he do that in a closer game?

- Speaking of the bench......O'Connell, White, and Robinson all 3 looked pretty good and did some great things. Not sure how burn White or Robinson will get when Bolden/DeLaurier return, but it was nice to see them not just play....but actually contribute (Robinson finished with 9 and White had some really good hustle 50/50 plays).

- Allen still didn't shoot the ball well, but he was more engaged and aggressive which I liked and still managed to do little things to make us better.

- I can only remember one (maybe 2) wide open dunk or layups that Pitt got.

- One of the biggest positives is that Carter wasn't hurt seriously.

*** We took a step in the right direction and hopefully we continue that momentum on Saturday vs. Wake and continue to get better bc playing @ Miami next week will be a real test as to where this team is right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News