ADVERTISEMENT

Other team's games

Don’t worry they will give Kansas a 1 seed with 10 losses. Man how they love certain teams. Seriously some still have them easily a 2 seed after yesterday lose. They are 18 in the NET, how can they justify them as a 2 seed and 9-8 in the Big 12??

Last edited:
These talking heads have no clue about seeding. I don’t even like looking at projected brackets. It’s all just hate on ACC and love for overrated teams like Bama, Kansas, Auburn.

Agree Bleed. I’m not trying to look thru Duke blue goggles, but a 4 seed at this point is almost a kick in the sack.
I know this board got heated after the Pitt loss, but we did have two starters out, and some of our other losses we had a starter out.
Maquette got taken to the woodshed by UConn not long ago, lost yesterday, but it was made known when the scores rolled through that they had their star out. I saw them as a 2 today.

Kansas still listed as a 3 seed, and they lost 3 games in February, with one being at home.

We have to win both games this week to be a 3, outside shot at a 2.

Realistically I expect the committee to screw Duke and give them a 4 or 5 seed. Which is crazy, they are top ten in every ranking NET, KP, coaches and AP rankings. How this team isn’t a 3 seed with a chance of a 2 seed if win out. They should look into how these seeds are given out.

Reactions: JimboSlice00
As long as Duke wins out there is no way their resume won’t warrant at worst a 2 seed with a chance at the last 1 seed if Arizona loses two more times in the next couple of weeks.

Reactions: 2DDIMOND
As long as Duke wins out there is no way their resume won’t warrant at worst a 2 seed with a chance at the last 1 seed if Arizona loses two more times in the next couple of weeks.
I’d love to be wrong, but if Duke does win out, the best I see is a 2 seed. I try to be a fair Duke fan, but I see some obvious bias against Duke.

2 seed is probably the best we can do, and that would be great. I don't think we have to win every game we play to get a 2 seed, but probably need to win both this coming week and do well in the ACC Tournament.

I like to look at this for bracket predictions - http://www.bracketmatrix.com/. They average all the predictions out there. We are a 3 seed currently according to it.

If Tennessee and Arizona both do not win their respective Conference Tournaments, and Duke wins out in the regular season and wins the ACC Tournament, there is definitely a case for Duke to be a 1. The same can be said for UNC. Lots of basketball to be played still, the committee usually does a pretty good job, minus the 1 or 2 screwjobs of teams that should have gotten in but didn't. I think the main thing is to not be a 4 seed, a 2 or 3 would be much better where you wouldn't have to face one of the Goliath's until the Elite 8.

Last edited:
The media has it out for the ACC. The best UNC or Duke can do is #2 seed. They give the conference no respect at all. Even with both UNC & Duke are top ten in the NET but they have Duke as a #4 seed but teams like SD State get more love. No respect at all, Duke will get screwed again on Selection Sunday.

Some pretty ferocious hand wringing going on here with a ton of basketball yet to be played.

Let it play out, Duke will get the "respect" they've earned.

Duke wasn’t 21 after last year ACC tournament, winning multiple games against good teams. I believe I remember everyone even the media saying Duke was wrongly seeded. Duke actually had a NET ranking of 16 and ranked 12th in the polls after the ACC Tournament win. I have no faith in the committee and they will seed multiple Big 12 and SEC teams over Duke this year even if they have 10 losses. Look at Bama and Auburn this year with their Quad 1 and Quad 2 records. Auburn has a 1-7 record vs Quad 1. Bama is 3-8 vs Quad 1. But somehow they are both ranked higher. Something doesn’t add up.

Last edited:
Duke wasn’t 21 after last year ACC tournament, winning multiple games against good teams. I believe I remember everyone even the media saying Duke was wrongly seeded. Duke actually had a NET ranking of 16 and ranked 12th in the polls after the ACC Tournament win. I have no faith in the committee and they will seed multiple Big 12 and SEC teams over Duke this year even if they have 10 losses. Look at Bama and Auburn this year with their Quad 1 and Quad 2 records. Auburn has a 1-7 record vs Quad 1. Bama is 3-8 vs Quad 1. But somehow they are both ranked higher. Something doesn’t add up.
Exactly. Or that Baylor is seeded ahead of us? I realize they have more Quad 1 wins, but we have a better record by two games, are higher in NET/Kenpom and we beat them head to head on a neutral court.

Exactly. Or that Baylor is seeded ahead of us? I realize they have more Quad 1 wins, but we have a better record by two games, are higher in NET/Kenpom and we beat them head to head on a neutral court.
Where are you seeing Baylor ahead of Duke? Is that someone's projection or is it an official ranking as of now?

Seems like it has to be a projection based off their "big" home win vs KU. Not very realistic, either way.

Where are you seeing Baylor ahead of Duke? Is that someone's projection or is it an official ranking as of now?

Seems like it has to be a projection based off their "big" home win vs KU. Not very realistic, either way.
Well everything is projections at this point. I've seen Duke as a 4 and Baylor a 3. On others both a 3, but Baylor higher on the 3 line.

It’s like they forget head to head. I think they all have an agenda. Duke should be a 3 seed right now based off everything out there with a great chance of a 2 seed if they win out. My question is will it play out that way? In my opinion they have us as a 4 seed with the best option as a 3 seed if they win out. More likely they end up a 4/5 seed one way or another very similar to last year. They will say the ACC is down and how they will justify it. But the ACC always does very well and better than probably all other conferences in the tournament. They never think of that.

Last edited:
I've said it before, that it's a blessing and a curse to be Duke. The blessing is the attention given. Every other school doesn't draw it like Duke does. Thank you Coach K. Recruits love it, and the springboard to the nba that comes with it. The curse is the attention too. There's some in the media that despise Duke.

I feel some are on the tournament committee.

Marquette’s best player and last years Big East POY Kolak is injured for at least the final 2 regular season games (Xavier, UCONN). Marquette is a 2 seed right in front of us. Gotta think they drop one or both games. Not to mention; the committee does factor injuries into seeding so if he is still injured that could drop them.

The point being..win Saturday, and win 2 ACC tourney games (Syracuse/NC St, then probably UVA) and I think we lock up a 2 seed.

Marquette’s best player and last years Big East POY Kolak is injured for at least the final 2 regular season games (Xavier, UCONN). Marquette is a 2 seed right in front of us. Gotta think they drop one or both games. Not to mention; the committee does factor injuries into seeding so if he is still injured that could drop them.

The point being..win Saturday, and win 2 ACC tourney games (Syracuse/NC St, then probably UVA) and I think we lock up a 2 seed.
I hope so, it would be a nice momentum ride.

Duke as a #4 seed will have to play an SEC or big 12 heavyweight after the first round. Sweet 16 is then vs the #1 seed. So the deep tourney run will be super difficult unless the bracket gets blown up. Need some loser hot/cold team to be matched with who lays an egg in the round of 32 to even get to play a #1 seed. Then get a #1 seed who can’t hit 3’s that game to have any chance.

Hmmmmm, IMHO the only way Duke is a 4 is with a loss Saturday and a loss in the first round of the ACC tourney. I think we are a 3 right now, and we slide up the 2 line with a win Saturday and win or close loss in the ACC tourney final.

Loss Saturday plus loss in acc round 2 could be a 4. The committee clearly does not value the Notre Dames and NC States. Agree we are a 3. 2 if we win Saturday.

Reactions: AlanInNJ
Duke as a #4 seed will have to play an SEC or big 12 heavyweight after the first round. Sweet 16 is then vs the #1 seed. So the deep tourney run will be super difficult unless the bracket gets blown up. Need some loser hot/cold team to be matched with who lays an egg in the round of 32 to even get to play a #1 seed. Then get a #1 seed who can’t hit 3’s that game to have any chance.

You’re a Kentucky fan trolling on the Duke board why are you here?

Duke will be fine, worry about your young cats who don’t know how to play defense.

Also, just hope your Kentucky kittens don’t get matched up with the likes of Saint Peter’s or Western Illinois University in the 1st round.

Loss Saturday plus loss in acc round 2 could be a 4. The committee clearly does not value the Notre Dames and NC States. Agree we are a 3. 2 if we win Saturday.

Not saying he's right, but Joe Lunardi has Duke as a #2 seed. The brackets look pretty tough if they turn out this way. If it plays out like this, Duke's #1 seed is Houston, #3 is Marquette and the #4 is Alabama.

Reactions: christophero
Agreed with @GAAP the committee simply doesn't value conference tournaments like one would think they would. I just really wouldn't understand how Duke isn't a #3 seed.

IF we make it that far, I'd rather play Houston then Purdue or Uconn. We are going to have a problem with those team who have elite big men. Houston is tough, but they do not have size and I'd like that matchup for Duke.

First, let's just win our first game!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT