ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Movies greatest scenes.

Have to agree with Saving private Ryan opening scenes...harrowingly realistic

A few good men court scene - iconic for its brilliance and it was one take!

And a funny parody for all those in sales! a few good expenses...again very well done!

I still don't know how any of those men survived Omaha Beach and I've read many accounts of it. The Greatest Generation indeed.

Reactions: skysdad
I
I still don't know how any of those men survived Omaha Beach and I've read many accounts of it. The Greatest Generation indeed.
I think I've posted this before but I have a friend whose dad was a medic that day on Omaha. His dad saw the movie before he passed away and said that opening scene was about as real and factual as it could possibly be. I think his dad was wounded, not seriously there. I imagine that the Germans tried to pick off the medics first. OFC

Reactions: Crest is Garbage
Tom Hanks was larger than life in that movie and especially that scene! Great, great movie.

Tom Hanks was larger than life in that movie and especially that scene! Great, great movie.

I think because of how great he consistently is at times his work is overlooked and underrated. It's amazing to me that he wasn't nominated for Road to Perdition. Some of his best work, imo.

Reactions: df64
Quint’s speech on the boat in Jaws (Robert Shaw). Brad Dorriff’s monologue in the Excorcist 3 is brilliant too. Ah, and the scene in the bar in "A Bronx Tale" where the gangster comes in and locks the door from INSIDE the bar room, and tells the bikers after having asked them to leave... "Now you's can't leave."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT