ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Dash Cams

Dad2ze

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Feb 8, 2012
This side of the Neuse
I’m looking for a dash cam at a reasonable price. I would like the capability of recording inside the car too. I drive about 750-1000 miles a week and would like to record the stuff that happens in case of an accident. Anyone have one? Likes? Dislikes?

Don't have any recommendations, but you do see some crazy stuff. The other day I wish I had a dash cam. This dog ran across five lanes of traffic. No one slowed down or anything. It was like he timed it perfectly and made it across like a boss.

Check this guy out.

output_rr8q4a3.gif

Prayers sent for this bad driver.

uI5ZU8F.gif

So you guys both live in NC? The drivers here are as bad as I have seen anywhere. Every third person is on his or her phone and the other two are either driving way too fast or way too slow. We've been looking to add dash cams in our vehicles too.

So you guys both live in NC? The drivers here are as bad as I have seen anywhere. Every third person is on his or her phone and the other two are either driving way too fast or way too slow. We've been looking to add dash cams in our vehicles too.

I live in Raleigh. It’s ridiculous the things I see driving.

Wilmington in the Summertime especially, has people from all over flooding into town. It is almost a rarity to talk to a true local. Hell, I grew up in Chapel Hill and Durham, came here for college 19 years ago and people call me a transplant. Haha. But anyways, when you live in an area that is populated by people from everywhere in the country, you have a clash of driving habits. And everyone thinks that they are the good driver and everyone else is the bad driver.

I drive in Charlotte to and from work everyday. I used to travel a lot to Miami. I don’t know which drivers are the worst.

Reactions: Dad2ze
I drive in Charlotte to and from work everyday. I used to travel a lot to Miami. I don’t know which drivers are the worst.
QC?? Queen City...??? Miami drivers are crazy!!! Took a cab from the airport to South Beach. The cabbie drove 70ish almost the whole way blowing his horn and cussing with his head out the window.

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
I’m looking for a dash cam at a reasonable price. I would like the capability of recording inside the car too. I drive about 750-1000 miles a week and would like to record the stuff that happens in case of an accident. Anyone have one? Likes? Dislikes?

Let me know if you find anything good. It's interesting that some countries are chock-full of cars with dash cams, but not so much in America.

QC?? Queen City...??? Miami drivers are crazy!!! Took a cab from the airport to South Beach. The cabbie drove 70ish almost the whole way blowing his horn and cussing with his head out the window.
Yep Queen City.....my wife could tell when I got back from Miami. She would say I’m scaring her to death. If you aren’t rolling at 70+ down there you’ll get run over. Charlotte drivers just straight up cannot drive. Probably because of all the northern transplants :)

Reactions: Dad2ze
Yep Queen City.....my wife could tell when I got back from Miami. She would say I’m scaring her to death. If you aren’t rolling at 70+ down there you’ll get run over. Charlotte drivers just straight up cannot drive. Probably because of all the northern transplants :)
I remember our cabbie pulled up beside a driver and started cussing him out in Spanish. I asked him if he was scared that the other driver would retaliate. He was like nope he’s my cousin. Yes you’re right the northern transplants in Raleigh are bad too.

I had a guy in Boston pull a revolver out after I gave him the what for....I was lost and was driving slower in the right lane looking for my turn. He was on my arse in a F150 and when I went to make the turn he laid on the horn as he was in a big F'in hurry. Funny enough I ended up next to him at a stoplight about a mile later, where he said something to me and I gave the what for as I tried to explain that I was lost. Then he pulled out what appeared to be a stub .357 and smiled, when I lost my mind. In the end he rolled his windows up and wouldn't look at me once he realized the gun act didn't deter me at all lol.

I had a guy in Boston pull a revolver out after I gave him the what for....I was lost and was driving slower in the right lane looking for my turn. He was on my arse in a F150 and when I went to make the turn he laid on the horn as he was in a big F'in hurry. Funny enough I ended up next to him at a stoplight about a mile later, where he said something to me and I gave the what for as I tried to explain that I was lost. Then he pulled out what appeared to be a stub .357 and smiled, when I lost my mind. In the end he rolled his windows up and wouldn't look at me once he realized the gun act didn't deter me at all lol.
Good grief!!!!

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT