ADVERTISEMENT

OFC Members Club Questions

Voldukie

All Conference
Mar 14, 2002
DC METRO
OFC members ( Skysdad, JohnsonC, Hart2, Oldasdirt) et.al,

Next year will be my 20th season on this board (Join Date March 14, 2002). While not quite OFC due to age (45), I think I have the most seniority amongst active NonMods....

The question. Does this qualify me for OFC status or am I still resigned to MAFC (Middle Aged Fu**ers Club)? Is there a pledge period? Will heavy drinking be involved?

Secondly; Where has Oldasdirtdevil been? Hope that guy is OK given state of the world..loved his graphic representations..

Next year will be my 20th season on this board (Join Date March 14, 2002). While not quite OFC due to age (45), I think I have the most seniority amongst active NonMods....

The question. Does this qualify me for OFC status or am I still resigned to MAFC (Middle Aged Fu**ers Club)? Is there a pledge period? Will heavy drinking be involved?

Secondly; Where has Oldasdirtdevil been? Hope that guy is OK given state of the world..loved his graphic representations..
And has anyone heard from dattier? He was the best

Gotta beat. Joined Aug. 2001

Reactions: KDSTONE

I would qualify for the MAFC! I hope there's heavy drinking involved. I could really put them away back in the day.

Reactions: hart2chesson
When I was 45 I didn't even think about being an old fart. You don't think anout getting old until you are old and by then it's too late. At age 68 almost 69 forty five year olds could be my children. As far as dirt goes he is doing ok. He and his wife have some health issues. I can't speak for himself but maybe DI has passed him by. I know I don't post here as often as I once did. It's not the same board it used to be. Most of you know we are both members of DBB ( Duke Blue Brotherhood) . It's a lot like DI when I 1st joined in 2006. Still enjoy posting here from time to time if I see something interesting. Very grateful to Q and his Duke NBA thread. That takes a lot of time to keep up. As for dattier no idea of where he's been. I've been told he is active on some other Duke boards. As for the OFC membership it's fine by me. I'll leave that up to the other OFC members from this board. I don't use it over at DBB. Maybe for the original members of this board say the first 4 years or so of the board someone could come up with something like DI legacy , founders or whatever you choose. Certainly those who have been here from the beginning and still posting are deservimg of their on signature. OFC

Last edited:
I can't imagine why someone who is a child at 45 would want to join us old timers. To get the senior discounts? To get ahead in the Vaccine line? Still not worth it. But I vote for admitting Associate Members so long as they let us jump the line at the urinals.

When I was 45 I didn't even think about being an old fart. You don't think anout getting old until you are old and by then it's too late. At age 68 almost 69 forty five year olds could be my children. As far as dirt goes he is doing ok. He and his wife have some health issues. I can't speak for himself but maybe DI has passed him by. I know I don't post here as often as I once did. It's not the same board it used to be. Most of you know we are both members of DBB ( Duke Blue Brotherhood) . It's a lot like DI when I 1st joined in 2006. Still enjoy posting here from time to time if I see something interesting. Very grateful to Q and his Duke NBA thread. That takes a lot of time to keep up. As for dattier no idea of where he's been. I've been told he is active on some other Duke boards. As for the OFC membership it's fine by me. I'll leave that up to the other OFC members from this board. I don't use it over at DBB. Maybe for the original members of this board say the first 4 years or so of the board someone could come up with something like DI legacy , founders or whatever you choose. Certainly those who have been here from the beginning and still posting are deservimg of their on signature. OFC
Thanks for the word on dattier. I hope he’s doing well I know you don’t like it when people blow smoke up your ass but you were in this board the first time I ever logged on and it wouldn’t have been the same without you It will come back but don’t call it a comeback. We been here for years

Thanks for the word on dattier. I hope he’s doing well I know you don’t like it when people blow smoke up your ass but you were in this board the first time I ever logged on and it wouldn’t have been the same without you It will come back but don’t call it a comeback. We been here for years

That is the reason I'm still posting some. I still have hope that it does get back to the way it used to be but there are still topics that keep popping up on threads other than The New Lounge that to me should be discussed there. It is more than just disagreeing or having different opinions it is the name calling, the insults and confrentations. You just uto see it only when trolls from RR and thr would pop in and start something with us. I can't remember the last time I saw a troll pop in. I guess they are lurking and get a kick out of the bickering going on or our mods are taking care of them before I see it. Look times are changing in our society. Maybe I'm just too old school. I never have done well with change and if the majority of this board likes and enjoys the new normal that's fine. I will just pop in and if I see something I want to reply on I will. OFC

Vol we'd love to have you in OFC!!!

OFC

By any chance to you know what happened to DukeDenver? He came to the meeting we had in Burlington a couple of years ago. I used to communicate with him by e-mail, but, he left HPU and I have not heard from him or seen him on this site either... Thanks,

By any chance to you know what happened to DukeDenver? He came to the meeting we had in Burlington a couple of years ago. I used to communicate with him by e-mail, but, he left HPU and I have not heard from him or seen him on this site either... Thanks,

He's posting some on DBB. OFC

Reactions: DukeDenver
Voldukie, stop in and just say hi to the guys you’ve been mentioning. I believe my sig will help you find it.

Reactions: skysdad
I’m still at HPU, hopefully getting tenure next year. I don’t post here these days. I found a new home at DBB. You should check it out. I’ll shoot you an email.

Reactions: hpnole
Hey, y'all. Is 50 the OFC minimum? B/c that's up next for me, next May.

I got banned from the main board at the beginning of the pandemic. A right-wing douche was complaining about lost work and I threw some right-wing talking points back at him about how he should have done x, y, or z and bootstraps and no handouts, etc. Of course the satire was lost on the cadre of right-wing d-bags there who have no self-awareness or ability to reflect. Anyway, that precipitated my disappearance here.

Also, my personal life became a mess. My wife and I separated. I had a really traumatic end to a close friendship. Other relationships damaged. My wife and I got back together. The middle kid has some psych issues. The pandemic. Depression. Conspiracy-theory, separationist brother has falling out w/ extended family. Day-drinking. Marriage is great. More depression. Return to work and seeing ex-friend. Ex-friend leaves for new career. Other relationships still damaged. Marriage still great. Health worst ever. Dad died unexpectedly. I think that catches us up to today. lol

Hey, y'all. Is 50 the OFC minimum? B/c that's up next for me, next May.

I got banned from the main board at the beginning of the pandemic. A right-wing douche was complaining about lost work and I threw some right-wing talking points back at him about how he should have done x, y, or z and bootstraps and no handouts, etc. Of course the satire was lost on the cadre of right-wing d-bags there who have no self-awareness or ability to reflect. Anyway, that precipitated my disappearance here.

Also, my personal life became a mess. My wife and I separated. I had a really traumatic end to a close friendship. Other relationships damaged. My wife and I got back together. The middle kid has some psych issues. The pandemic. Depression. Conspiracy-theory, separationist brother has falling out w/ extended family. Day-drinking. Marriage is great. More depression. Return to work and seeing ex-friend. Ex-friend leaves for new career. Other relationships still damaged. Marriage still great. Health worst ever. Dad died unexpectedly. I think that catches us up to today. lol
Sorry to hear about that. Have no idea what you went through but hopefully better days lie ahead for you. As far as the OFC goes if you were a pre Coach K Duke fan or 55 your are an old fart. For me I think 50 would qualify anyone. OFC

Just turned 57, but I think I prefer MAFC. Probably a bit of denial in there, but I'm good with that.

That's a lot of sh.t in there Dattier. Sorry to hear that.

Let's hope everyone has a better year ahead.

Wow, Dattier, the only possible comfort I can offer is perhaps you got everything bad out of the way in one year and the next year will be great. I believe that Karma means the good and bad even out so you are due a load of good.

And you have two things going for you: a now great marriage, and you're a youngster by comparison to a lot of us!

OAD is doing great. He spends most of his time on the other board, DBB. He posts there daily.

I have noticed that the younger posters seem to be more critical while the older posters tend to wear the blue tinted glasses. Sweeping generalization I know ha. Nothing wrong with either as long as it is respectful. You need balance. I've been more critical lately because of last year. I am 52 do I qualify?

Last edited:
Some on this board know that I'm a UNC fan & I never come on here to bad mouth Duke & I know a lot about Duke B.B. & do like Duke very much I'm just a young 75 year old that loves B.B. do I qualify for OFC?
Ok by me....

OFC

I think he should have to take a course on being in Duke OFC, actually study for it, and then pass the test. I know it will be a new experience for him, or for any Tarhole, but we have a reputation to uphold.

OFC

I have one question & then I will leave this board what Duke All American B.B never fouled in a game but did get thrown out in one?

I have one question & then I will leave this board what Duke All American B.B never fouled in a game but did get thrown out in one?
Mike Gminski was ejected at the end of the airball game in 1979. Elbowed Al Wood after a hard foul. I was there.

Reactions: hpnole and RHFD
jimlsumner you are right it has been nice being here I wish the best luck to all.

Mike Gminski was ejected at the end of the airball game in 1979. Elbowed Al Wood after a hard foul. I was there.
Dean Showed no class at all by telling Gminski, he should have just gone to the line and shot his free throws. G-Man had approached Smith to apologize for his actions, and Smith treated him like crap.Mike didnt even need to apologize, tar heels were surrounding him flailing away after Gminski grabbed a rebound in the waning seconds of that '79 game at Cameron on Senior nite. OFC

Reactions: GAAP
RHRDDean Showed no class at all by telling Gminski, he should have just gone to the line and shot his free throws. G-Man had approached Smith to apologize for his actions, and Smith treated him like crap.Mike didnt even need to apologize, tar heels were surrounding him flailing away after Gminski grabbed a rebound in the waning seconds of that '79 game at Cameron on Senior nite. OFC
Yep. Those are the things you don't hear about dean. There are players where he verbally abused leaving the court thst no one could see. I have tried hard to respect he man in some way and I guess you could say he was a good coach but since the AFAM scam broke there is nothing. Sorry RHFD and gedd. I can't help it. I'm a Duke fan. It's my nature. OFC

RHRDDean Showed no class at all by telling Gminski, he should have just gone to the line and shot his free throws. G-Man had approached Smith to apologize for his actions, and Smith treated him like crap.Mike didnt even need to apologize, tar heels were surrounding him flailing away after Gminski grabbed a rebound in the waning seconds of that '79 game at Cameron on Senior nite. OFC
You those are the things you don't hear about dean. There are players where he verbally abused leaving the court thst no one could see. I have tried hard to respect he man in some way and I guess you could say he was a good coach but since the AFAM scam broke there is nothing. Sorry RHFD and gedd. I can't help it. I'm a Duke fan. It's my nature. OFC

You those are the things you don't hear about dean. There are players where he verbally abused leaving the court thst no one could see. I have tried hard to respect he man in some way and I guess you could say he was a good coach but since the AFAM scam broke there is nothing. Sorry RHFD and gedd. I can't help it. I'm a Duke fan. It's my nature. OFC
You can say that again sky😀

You those are the things you don't hear about dean. There are players where he verbally abused leaving the court thst no one could see. OFC
Sky, I hear ya! Guys like Rick Robey, Iker Iturbe, and Marc Iavaroni are opposing players who could ALL tell you about that side of El Deano. As you said its true, the AFAM plan he hatched was the last straw! OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT