ADVERTISEMENT

NY Yankees sign Japanese pitcher 450 million for ten years.

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
Just in. The Yankees have done it again. After paying 20 million just to negotiate with the phenom outbidding several ML teams have signed 45 year old Heresay Sakadodo to a 10 year 450 million dollar contract. Sakadodo has won over 900 games playing in Japan the last 25 years. When ask about the size of length of the contract a Yankee spokesman who ask not to be named said 900 wins is amazing. Sakadodo will be the starting pitcher on opening day 2016 and will be the Yankee's #1 starter. Being a big Yankee fan this excites be and I'm looking for a 45 win season from him. :D Can't hep it guys with the size of contracts and the teams dumb enough to pay them I couldn't resist. OFC

Reactions: diehardDUKIEnKY
One of my closest friends is a NYY executive & I break his chops all the time about their payroll. Let Cashman run a team with Royals or Pirates payroll & see what he can do.

Nice post...Sky...Im an Orioles fan and wish that was true...it would set them back years.

One of my closest friends is a NYY executive & I break his chops all the time about their payroll. Let Cashman run a team with Royals or Pirates payroll & see what he can do.
Better yet, give him what Sandy Alderson has to deal with (and it is still around 100 million) to see what he can do. My guess is he would be out of job really quick. Some fo the blame shifts to ownership as well. They okay the money.

Better yet, give him what Sandy Alderson has to deal with (and it is still around 100 million) to see what he can do. My guess is he would be out of job really quick. Some fo the blame shifts to ownership as well. They okay the money.

The Mets got pretty lucky having all their best pitching prospects end up developing into studs. That is very rare. The Mets got lucky there and hit the lottery. I think Cashman has been quite impressive the last couple years. The Yankees are trying to get younger and are also waiting for the Tex Beltran and ARod contracts to come off the books. Most teams would have just blown it up and started their long rebuild. The Yankees can't get away with that, their fan base won't allow it. He has been rebuilding while keeping the money more under control and staying respectable on the field. Not bad. The days of the Yankees simply throwing huge contracts at the biggest name free agents is over.

Reactions: denniden
The Mets got pretty lucky having all their best pitching prospects end up developing into studs. That is very rare. The Mets got lucky there and hit the lottery. I think Cashman has been quite impressive the last couple years. The Yankees are trying to get younger and are also waiting for the Tex Beltran and ARod contracts to come off the books. Most teams would have just blown it up and started their long rebuild. The Yankees can't get away with that, their fan base won't allow it. He has been rebuilding while keeping the money more under control and staying respectable on the field. Not bad. The days of the Yankees simply throwing huge contracts at the biggest name free agents is over.
Some of that is true, but have you taken a look at their pay roll? It hardly says they are being frugal.

The Mets were fortunate that their young arms have blossomed. Some of those arms came via trade for high priced veterans (Beltran, Reyes, Dickey, ect...) I am not sure I see the Yankees turning pieces around to secure future home grown talent. I do not think we ever will. They will use those pieces that they do have to trade for veteran players that can help now. This is always true of Cashman. I am not saying he is doing a bad job but I have serious doubts whether he could handle a money ball type team.

Some of that is true, but have you taken a look at their pay roll? It hardly says they are being frugal.

The Mets were fortunate that their young arms have blossomed. Some of those arms came via trade for high priced veterans (Beltran, Reyes, Dickey, ect...) I am not sure I see the Yankees turning pieces around to secure future home grown talent. I do not think we ever will. They will use those pieces that they do have to trade for veteran players that can help now. This is always true of Cashman. I am not saying he is doing a bad job but I have serious doubts whether he could handle a money ball type team.

Really?? Like I said before, the Yankees are starting to do things differently. Look at their payroll?? Yeah, I get that but I also said they are waiting for a few of those stupid contracts to get off the books in the next year or two. They didn't pull some dumb shit like the Red Sox did and sign David Price for 31 mil a year like they would have when George was still alive. And they have also said they are making it a priority to keep their stud prospects. Aaron Judge, Severino, Bird, Mateo...they wouldn't part with any of them at the trade deadline. I can see you are a Yankee hater but what you are saying is more wishful thinking than anything.

I think the smartest things the Yankees have done in years was a couple of years ago when they didn't resign Cano who was one of my favorites and a home grown Yankee. Word is now he wants out of Seattle and to come back with the Yankees. I don't know what's on his mind but for the Mariners to let Cano go they would ask for the entire Yankee farm system with what Cano is making. What makes Cano think if the Yankees weren't willing to pay him 30 million a year 2 years ago why would they now. He hasn't exactly burned the AL up has he. I'm afraid he's a Mariner for life unless there's team out there willing to pay a big price for him. Thing is he could have been a Yankee for life but at the time being the games highest paid player was too much for him to turn down. I certainly hope that the Yankees do wait out these high contracts with low production and turn it over to this young talent. The problem I see is these kids are ready now but these highly paid injury prone aging stars are in the way and the Yankees can't even give them away. OFC

Really?? Like I said before, the Yankees are starting to do things differently. Look at their payroll?? Yeah, I get that but I also said they are waiting for a few of those stupid contracts to get off the books in the next year or two. They didn't pull some dumb shit like the Red Sox did and sign David Price for 31 mil a year like they would have when George was still alive. And they have also said they are making it a priority to keep their stud prospects. Aaron Judge, Severino, Bird, Mateo...they wouldn't part with any of them at the trade deadline. I can see you are a Yankee hater but what you are saying is more wishful thinking than anything.
I am far from a Yankee hater my friend. I do however have eyes and can see patterns. They didn't trade those pieces this year, but i would like to see if they are in contention next year, what will happen. I hope they keep their young talent. It would be good for a large market team to keep their home grown talent. Could help the game out. I just have my reservations about it. Given the history of Cashman and Yankee brass, I do not think those reservations are unwarranted.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT