ADVERTISEMENT

Not a gifted team. -Roy Williams

That should motivate them. Can you imagine Coach K saying that about a Duke team? I wonder how many tar heel fans heard this or even seen it. A lot of them have no idea how good this or any other heel teams. Some of them probably think dean is still coaching there but for the ones who do know the basketball program and the " winning tradition " just may want to question their cosch and his mental state of mind . Who knows they may go out and win the rest of their games and the natty but I see them just drawing up like a snail and just waiting to get the season over with. I had been thinking with talent coming in and losing only anthony they would be talented and deep next year. With the things he said it wouldn't surprise me on see transfers and decomitts coming forth after the season and I would love to see that and unc nation would deserve . Sooner or later justice does prevail. One more thing. Who recruited this bunch of no talent bums? Oh I forgot brcsuse of the AFAM scandal and unfair investigation the heels couldn't recruit top players. Pitiful, just pitiful. OFC

Last edited:
Roy Williams is the only coach that I can think of off the top of my head that regularly throws his team(s) under the bus. After his comments about bad they are, it wouldn’t surprise me if his players say screw this and give up on him like a lot of players do once they find out that their coach is leaving at the end of the season or when their coach leaves in the middle of the season.

Roy Williams is the only coach that I can think of off the top of my head that regularly throws his team(s) under the bus. After his comments about bad they are, it wouldn’t surprise me if his players say screw this and give up on him like a lot of players do once they find out that their coach is leaving at the end of the season or when their coach leaves in the middle of the season.

And both his ties and coats are ugly. OFC

What a trainwreck of an interview. I just read it to my wife and she was dumbfounded. What a slap in the face to the kids that already know they arent any good. Then to blame it on the mass exodus of players leaving for the NBA, it happens to Coach K every year and we still stick in the top ten. Thank the Lord I'm a Blue Devil fan and we have Coach K!

Last edited:
Not to get political, but Roy reminds me a bit of our current President. No filter.

Roy really isn’t wrong in what he said, though. I just think it’s better left unsaid. No different than K saying we have no depth.

Agreed. And to be fair, Roy normally does own up to his teams losses. I just think he’s at a loss this season. Though this part absolutely killed me

"So, if you're going to be like that, you gotta bring your A-game," he said. "Even though your A-game may not even be an A-game, you gotta bring your best game to play on game day."

Like damn, even if your A-Game isnt an A-Game? Dudes roasting em at that point.

Not completely related to the thread, but never out of place in a roy williams thread. Sometimes he throws his players under the bus, other times he just throws things at them.

tenor.gif

Not completely related to the thread, but never out of place in a roy williams thread. Sometimes he throws his players under the bus, other times he just throws things at them.

tenor.gif

I've seen this video several times and never noticed where he threw his coat. Certainly he did not throw it at his player but really you gotta control yourself. Was he trying to make a point, playing to the crowd or just is it him My boss is an unc cheater u fans and he throws stuff and just loses it. So it proves my point. hof coach roy williams is a tar heel fan 1st , coach 2nd. He can't help it. It's his nature. Bless his " nanner puddin " lovinanner heart. OFC

He is a very angry man. It would make a great novel. He's not particularly smart or handsome or athletic. Dean Smith was incredibly nice to him and he has ridden his connection to Dean Smith like Ron Turcotte rode Secretariat to the Triple Crown Anyone with an IQ of 93 who was handed the Kansas job on a silver platter would be incredibly successful. Dean Smith would never blame his players. Ol Roy's I Q is probably 94 or 95. He claims to honor his mentor, Dean Smith. But ol Roy is full of it. He has too much of an ego. Roy will probably coach many wins in the next few years.So what!? Any chump with a whistle can win at UNC, Kentucky and Kansas

Maybe he and the bench will start bailing before the games over and leave who ever happens to be the five on the court to do whatever.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I also agree with comments earlier in thread about the contrast of Roy Williams/Dean Smith. As low rent as El Deano was (AFAM FOUNDER AS SKY KNOWS), Smith would never have resorted to publicly trashing his team.This represents the HEIGHT OF HYPOCRISY, as Roy claims he idolizes his late teacher, and tries to emulate him.Congrats Roy, you've just added ANOTHER CHAPTER to "The Carolina Way."

OFC

Sounds like there is some Platek transfer rumors. Where is he gonna go to play?? Barton College?

Hey Jwill, careful don't insult My old stomping grounds..Was Atlantic christian college (wide awake Wilson, NC) when I attended, and The players were Far better than that bunch on unc current active roster. o_O..

Hey Jwill, careful don't insult My old stomping grounds..Was Atlantic christian college (wide awake Wilson, NC) when I attended, and The players were Far better than that bunch on unc current active roster. o_O..

I remember Atlantic Christian. They had some pretty good basketball teams, and played in the old Carolinas Conference I believe... OFC

Reactions: Tlass
When I first read this, I thought ol' Huck was referring to academics...:rolleyes:

Because "Least Gifted" academically at UNC is a pretty high threshold
FIRST TEAM
Mahktar N'djaye
Rashad McCants
JR Reid
Rasheed Wallace
Dante Calabria
Coach - Phil Ford

If memory serves me, none of the above were shortlisted for a Fulbright.

Basically O'l Roy should just own up to it and say, "Turns out these guy suck. My staff and I just messed up player evaluations and recruited the wrong guys. There A-game is everyone else's C-game. Sure wasted a lot of Nana Pudd'n on the class!"

Prediction: I see a dizzy spell coming during an upcoming game.

Last edited:
I've been waiting for years for Roy's recruiting methods to catch up to him.

Holding back one and dones instead of letting them showcase their talents. See, Little as opposed to Reddish.

Getting top 20 players to stay longer than at any other school.

Getting lucky when a guy like Maye blows up (a very rare occurrence).

The recruits pay attention. Now they are staying away in droves. There was no depth to his recent recruiting classes and it's catching up to them.

Cole is prolly thinking why the f*** didnt i just go to
I've been waiting for years for Roy's recruiting methods to catch up to him.

Holding back one and dones instead of letting them showcase their talents. See, Little as opposed to Reddish.

Getting top 20 players to stay longer than at any other school.

Getting lucky when a guy like Maye blows up (a very rare occurrence).

The recruits pay attention. Now they are staying away in droves. There was no depth to his recent recruiting classes and it's catching up to them.

dunno man, hes got a solid class coming in

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT