ADVERTISEMENT

NIL partnership

ConorONeill

Cameron Crazy
Staff
Aug 13, 2021
Duke announced an NIL partnership today.

This seems like a great idea and I've seen other schools come up with variations of this -- almost feels like the longer you go without a portal connecting businesses and student-athletes, the further you fall behind. So good on Duke for getting this thing up and running.

I am curious, though, how many NIL deals this actually facilitates. Last year's basketball players didn't seem to have any problem connecting for NIL deals but maybe that's the wrong comparison.

I could totally see Coach K wanting no part of this haha. But its a changing world, and you have to adapt. Could help with transfers.

Reactions: ConorONeill
For all of the ones that benefit from NIL, they should get patches put on their warm up outfits. The kid will be like a Nascar driver. "I'd like to thank Sparky Chevrolet. Ask for Big John. He'll do you right."
It's funny, but VERY TRUE!!! Kind of like golfers, race car drivers, etc,,,, OFC

Next year we could possibly have Roach (doubtful), Blakes, Schutt, Young, Flip (maybe) and Reily. That's a good core add 2 transfers. That is kind of a best case scenario granted.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Don’t bank on Roach returning . I think he may just try his luck if he has an astonishing year but I believe him and Foster would flourish in a back court together but the other problem would be time for Blakes, Schutt and McCain.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT