ADVERTISEMENT

My Thoughts on New Duke Commit...

Chad Simmons

Recruit
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2017
Casey Holman (commitment story) has committed to Duke. It just came to him today, this was not something he planned to do. He is a great kid and one I have had in camp, watched play numerous times and he is a very good pick-up for the Blue Devils.

Strengths

• Versatility
  • Intelligence
  • Toughness
  • Strength
  • Run blocking

Areas for Improvement

• Footwork
  • Quickness
  • Flexibility

Rivals Take

Overall, I like Holman a lot. His toughness, he competitive edge, him being very coachable and his ability to play anywhere up front really stands out consistently. I like him most longterm inside at guard. He is better in run blocking, he can knock the man in front of him off the ball and he has the ability to get to the second level. As a pass blocker, he can improve his pass sets, his balance when engaged and his ability to keep those quicker ends off the quarterback. There is a little stiffness there, he is not the elite athlete on the OL, but he is tough, he is a grinder and he is going to play until the whistle blows. He could really evolve into a top center imo due to his smarts, his leadership and he would be a great anchor up front there.

Reactions: ramlogistics
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News