ADVERTISEMENT

Likelyhood of Greenville?

kirby

All Conference
Jun 26, 2001
Anyone really understand what determines if we go to Greenville for the 1st round or somewhere else? I went ahead and purchased tickets for the family today assuming I can sell later if we get sent somewhere else because I don't really have a clear understanding on what will unltimately determine this. Isn't the Bon Secours arena small in terms of seating capacity compared to other sites?

Anyone really understand what determines if we go to Greenville for the 1st round or somewhere else? I went ahead and purchased tickets for the family today assuming I can sell later if we get sent somewhere else because I don't really have a clear understanding on what will unltimately determine this. Isn't the Bon Secours arena small in terms of seating capacity compared to other sites?
Probably near 100% honestly. And yes it’s smaller and you can see great anywhere

Just read this:

Source confirms to @TheAthleticCBB what ESPN's Wright Thompson first reported: Duke has requested to be placed in Midwest Regional (Chicago) instead of East (Philly). Chicago is Coach K's hometown. Higher seed normally goes to closest region but school decides preference.

Even if we are in the midwest, the first two rounds will be in Greenville.

Reactions: pisgah101
Just read this:

Source confirms to @TheAthleticCBB what ESPN's Wright Thompson first reported: Duke has requested to be placed in Midwest Regional (Chicago) instead of East (Philly). Chicago is Coach K's hometown. Higher seed normally goes to closest region but school decides preference.
Do coaches have to put in their request on situations like this before selection Sunday ? I guess they would..unless the coaches knew a few minutes before we actually see it unfold on TV …right? Lol. Never knew of this . Learn something new everyday.

Reactions: KDSTONE
Do coaches have to put in their request on situations like this before selection Sunday ? I guess they would..unless the coaches knew a few minutes before we actually see it unfold on TV …right? Lol. Never knew of this . Learn something new everyday.
Yes, this is especially true for programs on the top two lines like an Arizona who you would assume would want to be out West but can’t be the #1 seed out West due to Gonzaga. Guessing folks assumed that the committee figured out where to put teams like that by osmosis. Of course, it didn’t help perceptions when Seth Davis tweeted out to the world that Duke requested to be in the Midwest if given the option. For folks that weren’t aware of how this worked, they are just assuming it’s some other favor that the NCAA is doing for Coach K and Duke during his last year.

Reactions: IFaZe
Appreciate the insights. I'll keep my fingers crossed but it sounds likely. 20 years ago while an assistant in the Southern Conference we played our conference tournament there I think, if it was called the Bi-Lo center back then?

Reactions: pisgah101
Appreciate the insights. I'll keep my fingers crossed but it sounds likely. 20 years ago while an assistant in the Southern Conference we played our conference tournament there I think, if it was called the Bi-Lo center back then?
Yep it was. What school?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT