ADVERTISEMENT

Latest Scrimmage Video

Thanks for posting. Some observations.
Moore looks like a pro. He looks like he's really turned a corner. He has a really nice pull up jumper and looks very comfortable. Roach looked really good, he's driving to the basket and hitting shots. Banchero looked good as usual. He is a walking bucket. Williams active blocking shots and several alley oops. Theo looked very active out there and had a dunk and a jump hook. AJ hit some shots. No sign of Baker. Keels and Blakes and Bates did not really stick out. Actually Keels with a few nice plays at the end. He does need to tighten up his handle. Moore, Williams and Banchero stood out the most in that scrimmage.

Last edited:
AJ has missed some time due to injury and looked a little awkward out there. I imagine he will be more up and down this year. Banchero just remarkably consistent. Baker reportedly just has a nagging injury, nothing serious. I think Moore and Banchero will be our go to guys.

Reactions: Liftee
Didn't Winslow start slowly due to some injury issues? Griffin has that burning look in his eyes of a competitor. He could really come on in Feb. and March when we really need him.

Otherwise I agree with Chris' comments. I don't think Roach will ever be a star, but he's a leader, can get in the lane and knows how to find the open guy. That could be good enough.

Reactions: christophero
I'm wait and see on Roach, but he did look better. He was guarded by Blakes and Saravino a lot of the time, so grain of salt. But he was getting to the hoop. If Moore plays like THAT, that will take a lot of pressure off Roach. (Moore looked really, really good) Edit: On second watch I focused on Keels and Blakes. Keels seems pretty far ahead of Blakes as far as back up guard. I think we will see Keels starting in some games. He is a big physical guard who is still figuring things out. You can see the talent; there is a lot of upside there. If we can get 2 years out of Keels he will explode next year. Moore is a lock to start the way he is playing. Him and Banchero will play big minutes.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting. I will fully admit, I have been super tough on Wendell over the past two years and he looks like he has finally turned to corner. He looks really good. Alot of observations here, but I'll stick to one that jumps out from both videos I've watched so far...Paolo is an alpha and will completely take games over. He's a stud.

I'm wait and see on Roach, but he did look better. He was guarded by Blakes and Saravino a lot of the time, so grain of salt. But he was getting to the hoop. If Moore plays like THAT, that will take a lot of pressure off Roach. (Moore looked really, really good) Edit: On second watch I focused on Keels and Blakes. Keels seems pretty far ahead of Blakes as far as back up guard. I think we will see Keels starting in some games. He is a big physical guard who is still figuring things out. You can see the talent; there is a lot of upside there. If we can get 2 years out of Keels he will explode next year. Moore is a lock to start the way he is playing. Him and Banchero will play big minutes.
Agree with your Keels comment. I don't want to over look this team, bit the ceiling for next year IF we get a sophomore keels and Mark Mitchell is scary good. Roach, Keels, Dariq, Flip and Dereck is ridiculous. I just don't know how Mitchell doesn't start IF he comes to town. Wonderful issue to have.

If Moore plays like this all year he won't have a senior year. But good news for us this year. I can't remember when we have had a backup center like Theo. Burgess? Bolden could have been but he never got there. Plumlees were good back ups in 2010.

I will fully admit, I have been super tough on Wendell over the past two years and he looks like he has finally turned to corner.
Thank you for your tough love approach to Wendell. You are a true wizard at player development. 🙌

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Moore can really be our on court leader this year. If he is consistent, then our ceiling is higher. Really interested to see how we match up against Kentucky and Gonzaga.

Moore can really be our on court leader this year. If he is consistent, then our ceiling is higher. Really interested to see how we match up against Kentucky and Gonzaga.

All I know is there is a .01% chance that the Kentucky game will be as glorious as the Zion, RJ and crew beatdown. I still have that on my DVR. Two hours of ass-whipping artistry.

I took nothing from the scrimmage except that it was a scrimmage. Every year players look consistent and improved from the previous season. I’ll wait until the first true game to see who has adjusted .

we already know Paolo can play so I look at the supporting cast. I want to see what Roach does against bigger lead guards. Moore will have to show confidence in games and in him self. He will be leaned on A lot this season as one of the returning players who logged meaningful minutes.

Hey, we didn't miss from three!! Just kidding of course. I do think respectable 3 point shooting will be important to open up the middle or teams are gonna pack it in and clog up the paint on us. I am just not sure where it will come from. Maybe Roach will be the go to 3 point shooter? Or will Joey step up? It will be fun to watch it all develop. Can we just get to see a real game sometime soon???

Boy, an All-ACC caliber Wendell Moore (not even first team necessarily, but somewhere in there) would be so huge for this team. Having quality upperclassmen is almost always a good thing.

Reactions: geddoughton23
Hey, we didn't miss from three!! Just kidding of course. I do think respectable 3 point shooting will be important to open up the middle or teams are gonna pack it in and clog up the paint on us. I am just not sure where it will come from. Maybe Roach will be the go to 3 point shooter? Or will Joey step up? It will be fun to watch it all develop. Can we just get to see a real game sometime soon???
I’m quite bullish on Roach and think he started to turn the corner at the end last year. Just want to see him take the next step, knock down his shots which I think he will. I thought Wendell’s form and release looked pretty good in the scrimmage footage. Paolo and AJ can both knock down shots. Then there’s Joey and Keels who are supposedly the ones known for being shooters. If they can be consistent we’ll have plenty of fire power.

Boy, an All-ACC caliber Wendell Moore (not even first team necessarily, but somewhere in there) would be so huge for this team. Having quality upperclassmen is almost always a good thing.
Any spot on an All ACC team is tremendous. Only 15 spots,and 15 teams.

We always look good against each other. Let's look good against Kentucky and Gonzaga.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT