ADVERTISEMENT

Jaylen Blakes

Sounds pretty good. We need a guy would be great to get a 4 year guy with leadership skills. If he can play D and can at least hold his own on O, he sounds like a great add. Really wish we would go after more Ivy like targets for our depth, continuity.

Last edited:
Sounds pretty good. We need a guy would be great to get a 3 ye guy with leadership skills. If he can play D and can at least hold his own on O, he sounds like a great add. Really wish we would go after more Ivy like targets for our depth, continuity.
Now that's what I have been talking about for months, a quality point guard to share time with, and learn from, Roach. I think that if we get him, we will have a really well-rounded recruiting class. OFC

Reactions: christophero
Looks like a great fit. Because of the reoccurring injury bug there may be several games where he might get 20 plus minutes. In addition he may be the starting PG as a soph. Looks like a young Isiah Thomas.

I like the energy he plays with. I think that is what stands out that most. Nice first step, and step back too. He would be a steal if we could get him.

Love the move. Probably won't add much value next year but 2 years down the line he'll contribute.

The question is will he be willing to wait his turn? Like how he attacks the basket.

Those highlights show nothing but passion. Also, stop it with the 2-3 year down the road he could develop and give us ____ 😂

Reactions: sheyduke
Is he quick? Can he handle the ball and beat people off the dribble? Make a 3 at least 40% of the time?....if so, get him. If not, find a mature transfer aka someone who plays like any of the 3 Baylor guards....we need to get back to elite guard play like we used to have every year.

Reactions: KDSTONE
Is he quick? Can he handle the ball and beat people off the dribble? Make a 3 at least 40% of the time?....if so, get him. If not, find a mature transfer aka someone who plays like any of the 3 Baylor guards....we need to get back to elite guard play like we used to have every year.
It doesn’t seem like guards are as polished coming in as they used to be. They either can shoot or are willing defenders. Not many do both anymore

Keenan Worthington was his teammate in HS.. maybe he’s doing a little chatting with Jaylen

He looks good. we could at least have a backup pg until he transfers next year ha. Seriously just the kind of player we need. Could push Roach and possibly start with Roach by year 2 if Roach stays.

Last edited:
Reactions: jnastasi
Baylor’s 3 guards were juniors and seniors who developed over time. None of them were 5 stars. I’d personally like to get this kid who will contribute next year and get a transfer to contribute this year and next.

It would be humorous if Mac McClung came here. One person we should pursue if he enters is Coleman from Texas, who almost went to Duke out of high school. 4 year starter at PG for Texas.

The last guy I remember being called a warrior was another New Jersey guy, Lance Thomas. He ended up with a championship.

This guy reminds me of the guard on Rutgers who was lightly recruited and by his senior year was a stud. It seems to be happening more often now. And Blair is a nice program.

Hope we get him.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Lots of offers. G Town, Pitt, U Conn, bunch of others. Likes playing D! 6'2" and 195. Like the size, strength for a PG.
Great article on 247. Looks like a great fit. Said he liked the culture and brotherhood at Blair Academy.

DBR seems pretty confident we get him this week. Good recruit, but also good enough to want minutes so we need to play him a bit.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT