ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Bilas on Ingram

WI#1Dukie22

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Jan 17, 2008
He just mentioned Ingram coming to UNC next year, did he miss speak or share some knowledge??

Originally posted by WI#1Dukie22:
He just mentioned Ingram coming to UNC next year, did he miss speak or share some knowledge??
Being from eastern NC and knowing the ties that Kinston has with UNC, that is old news. Deep down I have never thought that Ingram was coming to Duke. OFC

I was wondering too.. I think he might if slipped because he said has a good class coming in and said him and there 3 star guy. I think he misspoke and thought crap they don't have a good class!! So threw out ingram

I'm guessing he probably had a conversation with someone around UNC / Ingram who told Bilas that Ingram was coming, and he repeated it without realizing that Ingram had not publicly committed. I don't think it was a misstatement.

Originally posted by Heyman25:

Originally posted by Crank_it_loud:
And UNC isn't really losing anyone. Wow.
No big deal, they don't have anyone. OFC
Yes, at UNC, Ingram basically has no role next year. With Tokoto, Pinson, and Jackson on the wings and Paige, Berry, Britt at the guard spots, Ingram's clearly not going to have any impact before 2016 at the earliest. UNC's problem is not a lack of good players. Their problem is that they have a lot of good players, but no really great players -- i.e., a bunch of future 2nd round picks and future professionals in Europe. That calculus doesn't change with Ingram (at least in the short run). Although I think UNC's depth and experience will make them a national contender next year, I would have thought the same this year.

Originally posted by aah555:

Originally posted by Crank_it_loud:
And UNC isn't really losing anyone. Wow.
No big deal, they don't have anyone. OFC
Yes, at UNC, Ingram basically has no role next year. With Tokoto, Pinson, and Jackson on the wings and Paige, Berry, Britt at the guard spots, Ingram's clearly not going to have any impact before 2016 at the earliest. UNC's problem is not a lack of good players. Their problem is that they have a lot of good players, but no really great players -- i.e., a bunch of future 2nd round picks and future professionals in Europe. That calculus doesn't change with Ingram (at least in the short run). Although I think UNC's depth and experience will make them a national contender next year, I would have thought the same this year.
It was an adjustment year for the Heels. Going to class and writing papers is tough to get used to.

1. If Ingram to UNC means Winslow stays, no qualms about that whatsoever. I know Justise staying is unlikely, but still.

2. UNC is still a national contender this year. What makes them not one? They'll be in the field and have a shot like everyone else. Hell, if you look at Lunardi's latest bracket, UNC's road to the Final Four is doable if they play to their potential.

I am not so sure this one is conceded. Bilas would be breaking news that almost every recruiting insider has yet to be able to figure out. Bilas is not a recruiting guy either.

UNC has some very solid players on their team. I think they could potentially go to the Final Four, but that's still very doubtful. I'd really like to see them lose to Wofford in the round of 64 and then subsequently get slammed by the NCAA with a four-year postseason ban. Here's to dreaming :)

Originally posted by denniden:
I am not so sure this one is conceded. Bilas would be breaking news that almost every recruiting insider has yet to be able to figure out. Bilas is not a recruiting guy either.
^This. I still think it is going to come down to who stays and who goes for Duke. Ingram wants to play right away, and presently, his best chance is at Duke, unless of course he decides on NC State. I'm not sure he can crack the lineup for enough minutes to satisfy him at NC.
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Being from eastern NC and knowing the ties that Kinston has with UNC, that is old news.
You've said this more than once as if it's a done deal, while there is nothing out there from anyone in the know that says Ingram is going to UNC.

Despite Kinston High's ties to UNC, Ingram grew up a Duke fan. Also consider that perhaps the young man wants to blaze his own path.

If Justice goes pro I'd be willing to bet a pretty decent amount of money Ingram ends up at Duke. I guess we'll see in a month or two.

This post was edited on 3/11 5:37 AM by mbdfan

Originally posted by mbdfan:

Being from eastern NC and knowing the ties that Kinston has with UNC, that is old news.
You've said this more than once as if it's a done deal, while there is nothing out there from anyone in the know that says Ingram is going to UNC.

Despite Kinston High's ties to UNC, Ingram grew up a Duke fan. Also consider that perhaps the young man wants to blaze his own path.

If Justice goes pro I'd be willing to bet a pretty decent amount of money Ingram ends up at Duke. I guess we'll see in a month or two.

This post was edited on 3/11 5:37 AM by mbdfan
Pretty convenient that you left out the rest of my statement on that post: Deep down I have never thought that Ingram was coming to Duke.

It really is just an opinion, but one I strongly believe. We will see how it plays out, mbdfan. OFC

It really is just an opinion, but one I strongly believe. We will see how it plays out, mbdfan. OFC
Fair enough, my orginial post probably came off more confrontational than intended, I apologize.

Originally posted by mbdfan:

Fair enough, my orginial post probably came off more confrontational than intended, I apologize.
No problem at all, mbdfan. I do not want to come across as a "know it all", and I surely would love for Ingram to choose Duke. So let's both cross our fingers and hope that comes to be. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT