ADVERTISEMENT

I saw this movie last year...

jamsession3

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Dec 4, 2005
...I'm really praying the chemistry, scarificing, humility and togetherness to display itself this season.

I won't dare say injuries aren't critical, but many of us know injuries can be used an excuse to deter other problems.

Congratulations Marvin! Bolden stay focus, Carter you have a big role, Antonio be a leader and Javin heal(maybe consider a redshirt). Go Duke!!!

Don't get it twisted, I'm excited like the next fan, but don't be so innocent in your thinking. There are 4 or 5 players on this team playing for draft positions, the same as last year.

I just want another national championship.

Reactions: Mac9192
Don't get it twisted, I'm excited like the next fan, but don't be so innocent in your thinking. There are 4 or 5 players on this team playing for draft positions, the same as last year.

I just want another national championship.
I don't disagree and that's where Allen will be vital. he must be the leader of this team

...I'm really praying the chemistry, scarificing, humility and togetherness to display itself this season.

I won't dare say injuries aren't critical, but many of us know injuries can be used an excuse to deter other problems.

Congratulations Marvin! Bolden stay focus, Carter you have a big role, Antonio be a leader and Javin heal(maybe consider a redshirt). Go Duke!!!

Also Javin will be fine. He'll play if he's good and if he isn't he won't, it's as simple as that.

Last year we had injuries like none other, a lot of people just trying to create there own shot and not working as a team, and horrible defense. This year we have a true point guard who can distribute to everyone, hopefully health, and ridiculous length that should be able to defend better. The one game that stuck out to me was the UNC game in the ACC semifinals. Our bigs got absolutely dominated the first half and UNC scored 32 points in the paint....I think this year with Carter, Bolden, Bagley, and Javin we should be very long and able to protect the rim for the first time in awhile.

Injuries aside, this is all about chemistry. Period. The talent seems there, up to K to make sure all guys understand their role. Allen should be the leader, whether he scores 30 or 10, if he's an extension of K, winning will happen. I've said it before, not everyone can cook, they all have to take turns washing the dishes. Put egos to the side boys, and for the season play for the name on the jersey, the one that says Duke

Reactions: dukesince91
I understand how last season can tamper our feelings for this season, but there are two glaring differences.

1) No one is coming off major injury. Of course, we didn't expect Tatum and Bolden to get banged up, but we never saw the real Giles. We can somewhat safely assume we see everyone at their physical best this season.

2) This team has a stud PG. a true point guard. If the team had that last season, even with the injuries, I think the season plays out differently.

Hard work beats talent if talent doesnt work hard....back of a T shirt saying i saw but truth. We have a roster full of talent that is used to being the go to choice...how will they handle not being the #1 on the team? There is something to be said for role players, those that do the work and are happy to go under the radar. Will some of our roster embrace those roles? Superstar line ups havent fared very well, maybe 2/10 in the last decade? That said, I'd rather we had the talent than others.
If they gel and buy into the team mentality then they will be formidable...if not then its going to be another very frustrating season. There is no greater burden in sports than potential. Fingers crossed it all goes to plan and we raise another NT banner.

Jam the movie you saw last year won an academy award for our worst horror movie imaginable. There is no way we can possibly have a repeat of last season. Like Q said above, new actors and hopefully a better script and the very best directing from K ever.

Reactions: jamsession3
Jam the movie you saw last year won an academy award for our worst horror movie imaginable. There is no way we can possibly have a repeat of last season. Like Q said above, new actors and hopefully a better script and the very best directing from K ever.

That is the prayer...

Like I said in the beginning, I'm excited for this team. My concern is chemistry, playing time and all players knowing their roles.

And I know, injuries happen...

Reactions: Mac9192
Duval, Trent and Bagley are just so fluid. I expect great passing.

We're much better moving laterally without Luke/Matt/Frank and with Grayson healthy. This movie will be a fresh new take on basketball.

Reactions: dbav
Dd , great point plus they are physically mature and Carter also . These guys have been top dogs since they were very young and they have maintained their ranking. People don't realize last year Giles coming off major knee surgery bold and got his ranking late in his high school career the same for Frank Jackson. Jayson Tatum also injured earlier in the year and that stomped his development. People are gun shy to look ahead because of last year. The HUGE difference is Duvall !!! A pure athletic point guard who can get anywhere he wants and will be able to distribute to all these great scored. Add on to that a healthy Grayson Allen who does not need to worry about running the point. That is immensely important.

Another great point Bagley and Carter are good passers! The interior passing should be outstanding and Rim protection also . We can play aggressive mm because you can funnel them into elite shot blockers !! when was the last time we had an elite frontcourt like this

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT