ADVERTISEMENT

Hubert's unusual presser?

hart2chesson

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Oct 13, 2012
Just curious....Hubert's time w/media yesterday seemed smooth until he lit up twitter. It was a statement I felt wasn't relevant. Thoughts?

OFC

This will make Kessler come back for sure.
Seriously not that big a deal, if a bit awkward. Was he asked about it?

White Wanda makes nanner pudding. Maybe this is his way of saying his white wife can too.

If he was asked about it, I wouldn't take another question from that reporter.

Probably looking to avoid alienating people...especially his wife.

Gill that could have very well been it, keeping everyone in his family inclusive. See nothing wrong with that, if it was Hubert's premise.... OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: GillJET
Not sure what the idiot who asked that question was thinking foreal🙄. OH I KNOW WHY! lol

Reactions: skysdad
I have no issue with that answer. How is that weird? He's simply not being tribalistic. There are many African-Americans who don't want to constantly harp on the fact that they are black and strive to create racial harmony rather than exacerbate tribalism.

That's not a political statement, for I do think racism is a problem and we are still feeling the effects of racial segregation. Ironically, "race" is actually a myth, entirely a social construct.

A lot of you are the missing the point. There was no need to bring up his wife or her skin color. His statement seemed like he was proud his wife was white rather than just saying he was proud of the person she is. Basically saying he's proud to have a white wife can make it seem like he's proud that a white woman chose him as a husband. It can come across that he looks at her in a higher regard because she is white.

I see it as a totally valid question. The first for anything is noteworthy. Duke's first title was noteworthy.
As for his answer, who knows. Maybe he was just alluding to the concept that 2 people from different races, backgrounds, whatever, found each other and have a successful relationship and didn't let anything get in the way. Not as easy as it sounds.

Reactions: hart2chesson
The answer is odd. I don't think the question about being the first black coach in UNC history is, though.

I really fill coach cackles is gonna keep us filled with great material. In time he could pass hof coach roy williams in blunders. OFC

Reactions: KDSTONE
A lot of you are the missing the point. There was no need to bring up his wife or her skin color. His statement seemed like he was proud his wife was white rather than just saying he was proud of the person she is. Basically saying he's proud to have a white wife can make it seem like he's proud that a white woman chose him as a husband. It can come across that he looks at her in a higher regard because she is white.
Ughh there was no need to bring up “you’re the first black coach” either lol

In this era of identity politics, you almost have to bring it up.
Yea, if you want to keep on with this white black bs forever, but yet cry wolf when you lose in this competition? Bs lol. not surprised

Bless his heart. He just lost a few black recruits. Black mothers will need an explanation and some convincing. He emphasized white wife. He could’ve said “I’m proud to have the wife and kids that I have by myself”. Sounds like he wanted to be accepted by saying that

Reactions: KDSTONE
The answer is odd. I don't think the question about being the first black coach in UNC history is, though.
A mostly white flagship university of the state hires its first Black coach is a big deal especially at a blue blood school even if it is the Cheats so the q was legit but going out of his way to mention his wife is white seemed a tad peculiar

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT