ADVERTISEMENT

How did UNC move up to being the top number 2 seed?

Thanks for that helpful post but I think you missed my point
I did understand, actually, though a lot of uk fans think their seed was set Saturday, regardless of the outcome of yesterday’s game. I suspect they were wrong and could have been a lower seed if they’d lost.
Either way, I love the grassy knoll thought process many of their fans have, makes my coffee taste so much better...

Didn’t mean for my comment to come across like that, seems most duke fans understand how the seeding worked. UK fans, well...

Fair enough, we can agree on Kensucky. My comments weren't necessarily aimed at you.

Reactions: tomcurren
Conspiracy theories are for UNC fans, they’re a lot more fun to read on THR than here. You’re better than that

Conspiracy is one thing (like saying games are actually fixed), but to deny that money and "politics" don't influence things (like seen last night) is the very definition of narrow mindedness imo.

Either way, I'll be good when UNC has a "blown win" in the tourney.

For the record i don’t think most people in this thread actually cared, a few absolutely did, but most just took exception to the hot take from Ticket. That’s kind of how the thread morphed.

I don’t really give a baker’s F$&K. It’s pretty simple for me. Duke cuts down on the extra possessions that it gives teams via turnovers and offensive boards and we control our own destiny. Do those two things and i don’t see us being beat.

Step 1. Iona Thursday at 2:45pm EST. Stay tuned for step 2.
What hot take are you talking about? I was justifying why UNC got the 2 seed. I also said they could have went as low as a 3. I didn’t say anything inflammatory and if it was taken that way, apologies.

If I'm looking at the numbers correctly, UNC is 12-8 in Quad 1 games, which is actually quite favorable when you compare that record with the other #2 seeds. Duke and Purdue are both 6-5, and Cincinnati is 5-4. The committee values quality wins a lot... which is why Oklahoma and Arizona State both got in.

Reactions: ticket2ride04
It’s simple, UNC is giving the benefit of the doubt and looked after by the committee. This shouldn’t be a surprise and we should be use to this By now. Theyre going to make it to the final four again, this is the weakest bracket I’ve ever seen before, they literally gave unc a pass to the final four. Here are a few pictures to remind you of this.
MuDQJd8.jpg

m2OHbft.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
Don’t move goal posts, you’re better than this. Trying to compare it to us last year as the same is the issue. It’s not the same at all and you’re just trying to justify it, rather than just own it. You got a beyond favorable seeding compared to what happened to us last year and we had a much better resume than you did this year. Do you truly believe unc should have been the top 2 seed this year? Since we are comparing, shouldn’t duke have been the top two seed last year? Based on your logic? We were not. Please explain.

All you had to do was beat SC and the bracket would have been yours for the taking.

Where are all these heel fans coming from. I've only been out a little since unc beat us in the semi's but all I could see was a sea of wussy blue. In Harris Teeter it had to be about 65 per cent of the customers. I had on a Duke sweat shirt and felt like I was cricket in a bass pond. And now they are popping up here. No problem for me with that as long as they are civil but where are they when they get beat. OFC

It’s simple, UNC is giving the benefit of the doubt and looked after by the committee. This shouldn’t be a surprise and we should be use to this By now. Theyre going to make it to the final four again, this is the weakest bracket I’ve ever seen before, they literally gave unc a pass to the final four. Here are a few pictures to remind you of this.
MuDQJd8.jpg

m2OHbft.jpg
Also, in the UNCheat vs Arkansas game, here's the glaring free throw difference:

Arkansas made 5 of 8 FT
vs
UNCheat made 19 of 25 FT

I guess that 30+ year old myth that "Duke gets all the calls" may finally be ringing hollow for logical basketball fans.

Where are all these heel fans coming from. I've only been out a little since unc beat us in the semi's but all I could see was a sea of wussy blue. In Harris Teeter it had to be about 65 per cent of the customers. I had on a Duke sweat shirt and felt like I was cricket in a bass pond. And now they are popping up here. No problem for me with that as long as they are civil but where are they when they get beat. OFC
Well they were all waiting on the NCAA NOA verdict and whether or not to jump ship. But ever since the 2017 NCAA Infraction championship they won, they're back in full force.

Well they were all waiting on the NCAA NOA verdict and whether or not to jump ship. But ever since the 2017 NCAA Infraction championship they won, they're back in full force.

That's about the most reasonable and sensible answer I think I can get. OFC

Reactions: QC Dukie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT