ADVERTISEMENT

Good Jayson Tatum piece

TheDude1

Cameron Crazy
Apr 15, 2010
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...n-tatum-was-born-and-raised-to-be-an-nba-star

Best part? Well, I think it might be this, about their little house in St Louis...

"...that house will become a transitional house for a single mom. Tatum's mom plans to let a single mom and her child or children live there for a year, rent-free, while she gets back on her feet."

That will have more impact on lives than anything, and is a great sign of family character.

A lot of rumors flying around that Celtics will take Jayson at 3. Would be a great fit for him. Much rather him there than Phoenix or Sacramento.

Because of how last season went --- and I mean the full gamut, everything --- I think it will be easier for people to have a negative slant about that team, and not appreciate just how good of people those kids are in life.

As for the article, thanks for sharing. I saw it last night on Twitter and was coming to post it here. Glad someone beat me to it. Jayson is a great, great kid with his head on straight. We were lucky to have him while we did.

Reactions: skysdad
A lot of rumors flying around that Celtics will take Jayson at 3. Would be a great fit for him. Much rather him there than Phoenix or Sacramento.
How do you think Jayson in Sacramento would be? I can't believe I'm even asking this because of their lack of player development and how toxic that environment has been in recent years, but I actually think he might mesh pretty will with their roster. A potential front court of Jayson, Skal, and WCS could be pretty serious down he road if Skal continues to develop. I thought he showed some real promise down the stretch of last season. Who knows, maybe a lot of the franchise's dysfunction could be attributed to Boogie.

How do you think Jayson in Sacramento would be? I can't believe I'm even asking this because of their lack of player development and how toxic that environment has been in recent years, but I actually think he might mesh pretty will with their roster. A potential front court of Jayson, Skal, and WCS could be pretty serious down he road if Skal continues to develop. I thought he showed some real promise down the stretch of last season. Who knows, maybe a lot of the franchise's dysfunction could be attributed to Boogie.
I still don't see WCS being a difference-maker in years to come, Skal however totally shocked me (probably everyone) with the way he ended his rookie year. I believe Sacramento will still be a bottom five team for at least the next 2-3 years.

Boston however is competing for an Eastern conference title, will be on national TV a lot next year, and that Brad Stevens guy is a pretty good coach.

Because of how last season went --- and I mean the full gamut, everything --- I think it will be easier for people to have a negative slant about that team, and not appreciate just how good of people those kids are in life.

As for the article, thanks for sharing. I saw it last night on Twitter and was coming to post it here. Glad someone beat me to it. Jayson is a great, great kid with his head on straight. We were lucky to have him while we did.

I'm just happy hof coach roy williams didn't want him. Guys like Tatum just aren't tar heel type of players. OFC

I still don't see WCS being a difference-maker in years to come, Skal however totally shocked me (probably everyone) with the way he ended his rookie year. I believe Sacramento will still be a bottom five team for at least the next 2-3 years.

Boston however is competing for an Eastern conference title, will be on national TV a lot next year, and that Brad Stevens guy is a pretty good coach.
Yup, Boston would definitely be his best potential landing spot IMO. I'm of the belief that he might be their target rather than Josh Jackson. Jackson is too similar in a lot of ways to Jaylen Brown. Tatum and his well rounded scoring would add a dimension to their team that their wings don't really have right now.

Another great human being to represent our beloved universtiy. Keep working Jayson, so happy for you and your family.

Yup, Boston would definitely be his best potential landing spot IMO. I'm of the belief that he might be their target rather than Josh Jackson. Jackson is too similar in a lot of ways to Jaylen Brown. Tatum and his well rounded scoring would add a dimension to their team that their wings don't really have right now.
Couldn't agree more. Jackson seems identical to Jaylen Brown with the exception that Jackson may have a slightly higher ceiling. Jayson brings the Celtics something they don't have, a big wing who can create his own shot.

Slide Jayson into the Small-Ball 4 slot to take the place of Kelly Olynyk or Jerebko, and the Celtics could really be on to something.

Reactions: MyDudeG
If Tatum winds up a King or Sun instead of a Celtic, I expect to see an "ah crap" reaction.

Coach K. talked about Jason on Mike and Mike this morning. Lot's of nice thing to say about Jason. What impressed me the most was how coachable Jason is and is always willing to learn. There's talk of him going to the Celtics. That would be a good fit. Looks like they also have a lot of high drafts picks in the next couple of years. It may take a 2 or 3 years for them to jell if they pick Jason but watch out for them. I think Stevens is a great young coach and Boston is on the verge of returning to the elite no matter what Cleveland and Golden State has. OFC

Does everyone still think Boston is keeping that pick at 3?
They are apparently in discussions for Porzingis, PG13, Butler, any superstar they can involved with really. I'd put it at a 50/50 chance that they actually use this pick.

They are apparently in discussions for Porzingis, PG13, Butler, any superstar they can involved with really. I'd put it at a 50/50 chance that they actually use this pick.
I could definitely see them packaging this pick and another for one of those guys but obviously it would have to be contingent on a longer term deal if your boston

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT