ADVERTISEMENT

Gonzaga/BYU

If BYU hangs on here the Zags are off the 1-line no matter what....and I can't fathom a way they could play themselves back on.

BYU wins 73-70. Andrus hit 2 key FT's.

Agreed, can't see Zags as a 1 seed unless surrounding teams implode....

I think the Zags still have a shot at a 1 seed. If power 5 teams like Wisconsin, Arizona, or Duke have 4 losses, they could sneak in.
Would Villanova rater be a 1 seed in the West rather than a 2 in the East?

I agree with you guys, Arizona has the #1 seed in the West now barring some sort of an implosion on their part.

Originally posted by dadecodevil:
I think the Zags still have a shot at a 1 seed. If power 5 teams like Wisconsin, Arizona, or Duke have 4 losses, they could sneak in.
Would Villanova rater be a 1 seed in the West rather than a 2 in the East?
I frankly don't see it. At this point, Nova / Arizona are not going to lose before their conference tourneys and I don't see anyway Gonzaga jumps either if a 3 loss Nova or 4 loss Arizona is out there --- which basically means there's no real route to #1.

While Wisconsin / Duke still have some work to do and could lose two, I think their losses would only help Nova / Arizona -- not Gonzaga.

Gonzaga losing definitely helps us b/c it effectively narrows the competition for the final two 1 seed from 5 to 4. I wouldn't have thought that both Duke and UVA could secure a #1, but, surprisingly, I think a win at UNC will likely be enough to secure one (particularly if Wisconsin / Nova don't win their conference tourneys).

This post was edited on 3/1 2:07 AM by aah555

There's zero chance for the Zags to obtain a 1-seed now with that schedule. They will be a 2.

Besides, last night was their final regular season game too. If I heard the announcers correct their conference tournament is this week already.

I have thought for over a month now, that if Duke wins out, they have a 1 seed. This doesn't include the ACC tourney. We win both games this week, and we got a 1. We got a big boost this week with Wisconsin and Gonzaga losing. Don't be surprised if Arizona, Wisky and maybe Nova lose in their conference tourney too.

I mean, we can't lose in the first game of the ACC tourney, but I do think if we win both games this week, it's a done deal with the big wins we have that the other teams just don't.

Originally posted by Crank_it_loud:
I agree, but Duke absolutely will have their hands full in Chapel Hill. Going to be a war.
Agree. We have both WF and UNC left inthe regular season and ACC tourney to go. If we win out no doubt we are a number 1 seed. If we lose to WF or UNC the next two games or go out early in the ACC tourney we may slip. Let's just win out. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT