ADVERTISEMENT

Golf trips

WI#1Dukie22

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Jan 17, 2008
My buddies and I are looking to make a mid March golf trip. Nothing to crazy, a good mix of quality golf and good but not extravagant lodging. Bang for our buck is what I would say. I’m always the planner so I’m always up for a good suggestion as I know this board is a wealth of knowledge and experience no matter the subject.

We are a group of mid 30’s, middle class, mostly single (exception of me )gambling, drinking fools if that helps ;)

Fire away......

Reactions: DukeDenver
Myrtle beach is awfully hard to beat in my opinion. Robert Trent jones trail in Alabama also. The weather in myrtle beach should be too bad in March and you can get some really good package deals.

Reactions: DukeDenver
Myrtle beach is awfully hard to beat in my opinion. Robert Trent jones trail in Alabama also. The weather in myrtle beach should be too bad in March and you can get some really good package deals.

DukefanKy offered you a good suggestion!

OFC

Reactions: DukefanKY
Go to “The Masters” in Myrtle. Bring cash.

Oak Hills in Columbia SC is an amazing value. I bet Charlotte has a few incredible 50 dollar courses. Check around Asheville for some mountain courses and go to some Breweries.

MB has so many great courses. One of my favorites is called "world tour"
They have 36 holes and every hole is designed after a famous hole on the tour. Even has amen corner

The legends resort in Myrtle Beach is nice. Three golf courses and close to everything. We used to go to Litchfield south of Myrtle Beach. Good courses.

We are a group of mid 30’s, middle class, mostly single (exception of me )gambling, drinking fools if that helps ;)

Fire away......

Until this part I was going to offer up my place in Sarasota for rent.

I’m a Florida rube, so that’s always my suggestion. By mid-March you’ll also have great weather. If you do decide on Florida, let me know....I’ve played a lot of courses from Tampa down to Naples and Fort Myers. Great golf everywhere you turn in those parts...including Sarasota.

I just came back on Sunday and leave again in less than three weeks. Winters get harder and harder every year.

Until this part I was going to offer up my place in Sarasota for rent.

I’m a Florida rube, so that’s always my suggestion. By mid-March you’ll also have great weather. If you do decide on Florida, let me know....I’ve played a lot of courses from Tampa down to Naples and Fort Myers. Great golf everywhere you turn in those parts...including Sarasota.

I just came back on Sunday and leave again in less than three weeks. Winters get harder and harder every year.

DJ,
Have you played Kelley plantation near Destin? One of the best courses I've ever played and far as scenery and conditioning

DJ,
Have you played Kelley plantation near Destin? One of the best courses I've ever played and far as scenery and conditioning

No, but it’s considered one of the best values (and courses) in the state. It’s also probably seven or eight hours, at least, from Sarasota.

Our group started playing in Pinehurst instead of Myrtle because of the convenience. Not as much to do at night.

Our company shuts down for a week every year during Christmas. We used to go to MB and get four rounds of golf. Hotel, and buffet breakfast for around 350.00 can't beat that. We haven't done that for awhile. Need to start that back up!

No, but it’s considered one of the best values (and courses) in the state. It’s also probably seven or eight hours, at least, from Sarasota.

It's great! It's a Fred Couples course and obviously Fred played the first round played on it. The GPS on the carts tells you how and where he played every shot hole by hole, and what he scored.....he beat me.

It's great! It's a Fred Couples course and obviously Fred played the first round played on it. The GPS on the carts tells you how and where he played every shot hole by hole, and what he scored.....he beat me.

But I bet your swing looked prettier.

But I bet your swing looked prettier.

That's actually who I try to copy, because I tend to get really quick with my swing, so I try to imagine how smooth and fluid he swings. I don't get the same results obviously, but it helps my tempo

Our company shuts down for a week every year during Christmas. We used to go to MB and get four rounds of golf. Hotel, and buffet breakfast for around 350.00 can't beat that. We haven't done that for awhile. Need to start that back up!
That's a good price. We went in January every year and after a few years of cold weather I invested in a cart cover and heater.

That's actually who I try to copy, because I tend to get really quick with my swing, so I try to imagine how smooth and fluid he swings. I don't get the same results obviously, but it helps my tempo

He has the prettiest swing I’ve ever seen. Ever. It’s such a shame he had the back issues....really derailed his career.

My buddies and I are looking to make a mid March golf trip. Nothing to crazy, a good mix of quality golf and good but not extravagant lodging. Bang for our buck is what I would say. I’m always the planner so I’m always up for a good suggestion as I know this board is a wealth of knowledge and experience no matter the subject.

Fire away......
1. How do i get in on this?
2. Check out Reynolds Plantation about 90min from Atlanta. Place is absolutely worth it.

He has the prettiest swing I’ve ever seen. Ever. It’s such a shame he had the back issues....really derailed his career.
I've always been amazed at the distance he gets with that easy and smooth swing. When he swings an iron and hits it looks as if it will go maybe 50 yards but it goes 175.

My stroke is very similar,problem is,i only wanted it to got 50 yards!
I think you meant your stroke is very similar but it only goes 50 yards. If thats what you are saying then I'm right there with you. Also at times it goes 175 when i'm after 50.

Santee Cooper has some great cheap courses but not much of a night life.Mytle Beach is your best bet for a combination of both

Myrtle Beach is a good bargain. The Legends package is a great deal. Lodging, breakfast and lunch all included. Plus you can stay in their townhomes/condos which are right at the resort. The deal is like a sore penis, you can't beat it.

What is the most you would pay to play Augusta? Real life money. If you were offered a chance to play it, what would you realistically be willing to pay?
And, would Augusta be your first choice?

I have some friends from work that went on a Scotland trip a coupe years ago. 10 day trip. They played St Andrews, Carnoustie, Muirfield, and a couple others. The amazing part is they said they did the entire trip, including air fair and lodging for 5K.

Reactions: germantondevil
What is the most you would pay to play Augusta? Real life money. If you were offered a chance to play it, what would you realistically be willing to pay?
And, would Augusta be your first choice?
If i was allowed to pick my foursome of my dad and my two brothers, i'd pay $10k easily to do this.

Fire away......
Vegas is you are going to gamble. You can find good deals to play golf but Vegas gets all around pricey.

I Would recommend Orlando. Good value on golf because there are so many options. Weather is awesome. Enough places to cause a little trouble at night. Good lodging within short drives to most courses.

I have some friends from work that went on a Scotland trip a coupe years ago. 10 day trip. They played St Andrews, Carnoustie, Muirfield, and a couple others. The amazing part is they said they did the entire trip, including air fair and lodging for 5K.
i have been wanting to do a trip like this for a few years now, has to be awesome

If you are talking favorite course for me is The Cascades at Hot Springs Va.Have played Peeble and Pinehurst but for me does not match The Cascades

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT