ADVERTISEMENT

GG Jackson….

bmbritt

Cameron Crazy
Feb 5, 2003
He’s going to commit in the next week to 10 days. Folks aren’t sure if he’s reclassifying or not. Any idea of which way he’s leaning? Have to imagine if he’s moving to the 2022 class then that would favor UNC. Here is the article that dropped on Rivals yesterday…

Reeves looks like he would be a great pickup. Probably means Moore and Keels are gone though. Still, him and Roach would be a nasty backcourt next year. Would be experienced as well in the backcourt. Then bring in a Theo type and we're good to go.

He’s a small forward with about 16 other schools who has contacted Reeves. Did see anything on Duke but saw the other schools including WF have talked to him .

Geez. Well disregard then lol. Didn't do any research on him other than seeing it on IG.

Back to taking about GG then

I still wouldn't count out South Carolina.
I would rather him end up USCe than him ending up at UNC. Just assumed that South Carolina wouldn’t be an option with Martin gone and them hiring Lamont Paris. Have a hard time believing that he will end up going to play for Paris, but maybe USCe has a massive NIL deal setup that can lure him there.

Think we have a good shot at him if he decides to stay in the 2023 class, as the coverage and publicity that Duke and its players have gotten should be a massive selling point. Also, can’t hurt to have 3 or 4 1st round picks in this year’s draft.

Reactions: smashmouth5
GG is a power forward . Reeves a small forward . Duke will need back court help
Totally agree regarding GG and next years team. Don’t see it happening. Now, Reeves played SG at Illinois State and is 6’4. He was a SF coming out of high school but has played guard ever since arriving at Illinois State.

Reactions: 9dukejames
Yea Reeves plays SG and I think that Duke has contacted him. As for GG, we will know soon. IMO, he has made his mind up and is just waiting for the Tournament to be over. I do think that he is going to reclass,

Totally agree regarding GG and next years team. Don’t see it happening. Now, Reeves played SG at Illinois State and is 6’4. He was a SF coming out of high school but has played guard ever since arriving at Illinois State.
He’s not coming to Duke he’ll go where he can start . Depending on where Keels has slipped to. He could come back .

3/26 Mock Draft has PB third to Detroit, AJ 4th to OKC, Moore 9th? to Portland and Mark to
Memphis with 19th. No Keels in either round. No Cheaters

Moore all the way up to 9? Can't remember him ever being that high. Always thought he was in the mid-upper 20s range. Williams to Memphis would be sweet. A team that doesn't need a center that has to score a bunch since they already have Morant. Also pairing up with Tyus and hopefully he can do the exact things that Steven Adams does

I too think Keels will go. I'd love him back; but he's probably shown enough in some games this year to warrant a team taking him in the second round. I would put Moore in the 20-30 range.

3/26 Mock Draft has PB third to Detroit, AJ 4th to OKC, Moore 9th? to Portland and Mark to
Memphis with 19th. No Keels in either round. No Cheaters

Probably means nothing but looking at some mock drafts the only cheater u player I see listed is wolf boy in the second round of one mock draft. What if all of them decide to come back and that include black because he has his covid year will this have any bearing on what Jackson does. I know that he is supposed to make that decision soon and it will be some time before any or all the cheater players make a decision. Just a thought and may not even be revelant. OFC

• Love
Reactions: toophly1124
Both mock drafts I looked at over the weekend did not have Keels as a 1st round pick. One of those did not even have him in the 2nd round.

I could see Keels coming back based on advice he could get from inside his own locker room. Being patient is about to pay off big for Moore and he may embrace one more year with Roach.

I could see Keels coming back based on advice he could get from inside his own locker room. Being patient is about to pay off big for Moore and he may embrace one more year with Roach.

Completely agree. He could talk with Moore and even Mark Williams about what another year could mean to his draft stock. Also, with NIL, it may not be a bad thing to come back. It would certainly ease some of our concerns for next season and having such a young team.

Moore all the way up to 9? Can't remember him ever being that high. Always thought he was in the mid-upper 20s range. Williams to Memphis would be sweet. A team that doesn't need a center that has to score a bunch since they already have Morant. Also pairing up with Tyus and hopefully he can do the exact things that Steven Adams does
When he was a freshman he was number ten or eleven I think .

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
Probably means nothing but looking at some mock drafts the only cheater u player I see listed is wolf boy in the second round of one mock draft. What if all of them decide to come back and that include black because he has his covid year will this have any bearing on what Jackson does. I know that he is supposed to make that decision soon and it will be some time before any or all the cheater players make a decision. Just a thought and may not even be revelant. OFC
Think Manek is out of eligibility after this season. I’m sure the cheaters are selling Jackson on stepping into his starting spot and forming a front court with Bacot, Black and Jackson. Makes you wonder what they’re telling Dawson Garcia who split minutes with Manek before he was injured.

Think Manek is out of eligibility after this season. I’m sure the cheaters are selling Jackson on stepping into his starting spot and forming a front court with Bacot, Black and Jackson. Makes you wonder what they’re telling Dawson Garcia who split minutes with Manek before he was injured.
Hate to say it but that would be my selling point especially since you don’t know if Garcia will be back . That’s also a decent front court
Flip side of that is that Duke is also thin in the Frontcourt and Flip could be willing to come of the bench given the type of teammate and recruiter he has been for Duke .

Keels is gone. He showed me more than ol’ whatchamaface from last year who left despite not being on a draft board.

GG can go to UNC, that's fine. Let Hubert try and figure out how to coach one and done players.

That said, I do wish that one of Duke's players come back, but doubtful that happens.

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
What does Moore do at an NBA level? Not picking on the guy but what? Don't say defense after their guards lit us up like a Christmas tree last night. He looks more like a G League guy. Would love to have him back.

Y
Reeves looks like he would be a great pickup. Probably means Moore and Keels are gone though. Still, him and Roach would be a nasty backcourt next year. Would be experienced as well in the backcourt. Then bring in a Theo type and we're good to go.
we need to use the portal to become older. I really believe that you can pick up a more valuable player out of the portal than recruiting one and done players. Carolina has beaten us 4 out of the last 5 games because their older and more experienced than the teams we have put on the floor the last two years

I recently watched a game with Paulus and McRoberts. The announcer said it was Duke's second youngest team ever, with, I think 2 freshman, 2 sophs and a junior. That would be a veteran Duke team the past 6 years.

Reactions: jeffrey236
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT