ADVERTISEMENT

Forks > Rams @ the Dome

12375CAT

Cameron Crazy
Feb 15, 2012
&
Next%20Big%2012%20Champs_zpsq91cjk2r.png

I think we’re going to need Mark staying with Ingram or even Bacot at times. But if the game came down to a last possession like Georgia Tech’s game last night, I’d throw Mark at Davis. Blakes may get some burn guarding Davis as well.

Duke just has to play their game, will be in it at the end. I see a close game it will be who can finish it out. I like our matchups against them. Hopefully Flip can have a big game. There won’t be any need for motivation. LFG Let’s Go Duke

I think a combination of Proctor and Roach switching into him with Blake’s for breathers would if healthy will give Davis fits .
Ingram can rebound so I’d have Mitchell on him and make Ingram have to defend Mitchell inside.

I agree. Davis will want to get Flip in foul trouble early and will utilize the pick and roll. Going to be interesting .

I would like to see defense by committee on Davis to keep him off balance and under pressure. He's a volume shooter, and clearly he has the green light to put up 25 shots a game. His percentages are good, but they are not scary good. Our guards' height and length should bother his outside shooting.

Agreed 100% that Flip staying out of foul trouble is critical, and I have no doubt they will (and should) go right at him from the opening tip. He will need to be disciplined to stay on the floor.

I really feel like we have the advantage in the backcourt, and I think our guards will dominate.

Mitchell playing well IMHO is going to be the key to a Duke win.

I think a combination of Proctor and Roach switching into him with Blake’s for breathers would if healthy will give Davis fits .
Ingram can rebound so I’d have Mitchell on him and make Ingram have to defend Mitchell inside.

I agree. Davis will want to get Flip in foul trouble early and will utilize the pick and roll. Going to be interesting .
Blakes could be somewhat of an X-factor, hounding the UNC guards...

OFC

What about Ryan?? Somewhat of a match-up problem, but I think McCain could bother him.

 OFC

What about Ryan?? Somewhat of a match-up problem, but I think McCain could bother him.

 OFC
To me he is their real x factor . He’s not been a good three point shooter but everyone has their moment. I’m fine with Foster and McCain switching off on him but if he’s hitting that creates an issue for Duke .

Reactions: 2DDIMOND

Flip does a great job of keeping smaller players in front of him. I’ve seen countless times Flip pick the pocket of guards trying to juke him in the backcourt these past 2 seasons.

Feeling very good about Saturday night

Reactions: christophero
Flip does a great job of keeping smaller players in front of him. I’ve seen countless times Flip pick the pocket of guards trying to juke him in the backcourt these past 2 seasons.

Feeling very good about Saturday night
I do not want Flip reaching in on Davis or their pg . He’s begging for a cheap foul to get called and he already has to man the post against Bacot .

I understand that Shey. Imo Flip does a great job on deciding when to pick off the guards. I don’t really recall many times when he has drawn reach in fouls in the backcourt.

Didn’t he just pick up one the last two games prior to Va tech ? Either way if Flip is on a UNC guard they are going at him especially if he’s beyond the arch .

Didn’t he just pick up one the last two games prior to Va tech ? Either way if Flip is on a UNC guard they are going at him especially if he’s beyond the arch .

He could have, I was unable to watch the game @ Louisville due to work. I don’t remember him picking one up against Clemson in the backcourt, it’s not to say that he didnt, I just don’t remember. Anyways, I was just saying that imo I think he is usually pretty smart about not picking up reach in fouls in the backcourt. The majority of Flip’s fouls seem to be body fouls inside the paint.

My worry with Sean is that he relies too much on athleticism and doesn't do a good job blocking out. Bacot would eat that alive.

My worry with Sean is that he relies too much on athleticism and doesn't do a good job blocking out. Bacot would eat that alive.
Agree Tim. We can debate why, but Stewart is behind on the basics. And you have to do the basics against Bacot.

I’d love to be wrong and Stewart plays really well.

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
Agree Tim. We can debate why, but Stewart is behind on the basics. And you have to do the basics against Bacot.

I’d love to be wrong and Stewart plays really well.
Yeh we’ll find out the basics of whether Stewart can take an elbow to the throat Watching that FSU game live Saturday it was noteworthy that even fans who were normally somewhat checked out went nuts when Bacot got away with his usual nonsense

Reactions: hart2chesson
Reeves had surgery and is out for the season. He could still get a medical redshirt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT