ADVERTISEMENT

Focus on the positives

Making the final four is considered a success. But, it’s wiped away because we lost to the holes.
I also wonder if the announcement by K that this was his last season wound up hurting us, or were the holes just better?

I can’t help but think that, because it was our bitter rival, that they used it as extra motivation. K can say all he wants, but that adds a lot of pressure. This wasn’t just the final four, playing for the right to win a championship. It was that, plus playing them, and not wanting to lose to them. Again.

Long story short, there’s very little we get to take away from this. They get to pound their entitled chests that they ruined 2 special occasions.

Forever. This is forever. The only thing that wipes it away will never happen. We will never meet them in the tournament with K at the helm again. I think this effectively ends the rivalry as we know it. It will always be there. Nothing will ever trump it. This puts so much more pressure on Jon and the next team.

Forever. This is forever. The only thing that wipes it away will never happen. We will never meet them in the tournament with K at the helm again. I think this effectively ends the rivalry as we know it. It will always be there. Nothing will ever trump it. This puts so much more pressure on Jon and the next team.
It will sting no matter what but if they lose mon it will be talked about less by the country as a whole down the road. There will be no shutting up their fans though for as long as we’re on this earth though we all know that

The sad but true reality is this team will always be remembered for…

Losing Coach K final home game against our biggest rival…

Losing the ACC Championship Game

Losing in the Final Four and getting Coach K sent of into the sunset….again against our biggest Rival.

This team will never be remembered for anything more than the two epic loses to UNC in its biggest moments.

Not saying it’s fair….but it’s the reality of what people will always remember and talk about when they speak of this team….they will carry it with them for the rest of their lives unfortunately.

It’s why I never wanted to play UNC…not being afraid but reality and history will forever hit hard on these kids for the rest of time.

Next year is setup for an epic failure for Jon, unfortunately everyone will compare him to Davis. Not Jons fault but I doubt he’ll be in the ff
A few things tbh duke should do asap
-figure out if Nolan is leaving, tbh this needs to be figured out by next weekend. If he is being in a VETERAN coach. It doesn’t have to be a duke guy *gasp*
-hit the portal and don’t gaf about anyones playing time, make them earn it

The sad but true reality is this team will always be remembered for…

Losing Coach K final home game against our biggest rival…

Losing the ACC Championship Game

Losing in the Final Four and getting Coach K sent of into the sunset….again against our biggest Rival.

This team will never be remembered for anything more than the two epic loses to UNC in its biggest moments.

Not saying it’s fair….but it’s the reality of what people will always remember and talk about when they speak of this team….they will carry it with them for the rest of their lives unfortunately.

It’s why I never wanted to play UNC…not being afraid but reality and history will forever hit hard on these kids for the rest of time.
These kids ain’t worried about the loss or could careless about how we say this season was a success or disappointment.

two things everyone better hope Roach returns or Duke is in major trouble ! Keels needs to come back . Everyone says knock down shooters well you better get some elite defenders because when Duke needed stops they couldn’t get them .

if you want people out the transfer portal then Scheyer is going to have to show he’ll play more then six or seven people .

the exceeded my expectations because I only had them going to the sweet 16

Reactions: pisgah101
These kids ain’t worried about the loss or could careless about how we say this season was a success or disappointment.

two things everyone better hope Roach returns or Duke is in major trouble ! Keels needs to come back . Everyone says knock down shooters well you better get some elite defenders because when Duke needed stops they couldn’t get them .

if you want people out the transfer portal then Scheyer is going to have to show he’ll play more then six or seven people .

We got the stop we needed with a minute left and up 1. They called a bullshit foul on it and we came out of the possession losing…

That was the call of the game…We could of been up one and scored or got fouled and been up 3-4pts and game was over….or worst we get last Possession to win the game at the very least.

We made the stop…we didn’t get the call…it was the absolute game changing call of the game.

Next year is setup for an epic failure for Jon, unfortunately everyone will compare him to Davis. Not Jons fault but I doubt he’ll be in the ff
A few things tbh duke should do asap
-figure out if Nolan is leaving, tbh this needs to be figured out by next weekend. If he is being in a VETERAN coach. It doesn’t have to be a duke guy *gasp*
-hit the portal and don’t gaf about anyones playing time, make them earn it
How is it set up for failure ? Scheyer recruited these players now it’s on him to get the ones on the bench to return.
I don’t see Nolan leaving for where Louisville? He’s number two at Duke .
you don’t need a veteran coach I’m tired of hearing that he simply needs to play his brand of basketball and it starts with the bench rotation and for Christ sakes someone teach rebounding !

We got the stop we needed with a minute left and up 1. They called a bullshit foul on it and we came out of the possession losing…

That was the call of the game…We could of been up one and scored or got fouled and been up 3-4pts and game was over….or worst we get last Possession to win the game at the very least.

We made the stop…we didn’t get the call…it was the absolute game changing call of the game.
Duke wasn’t getting the calls all night ! And they didn’t get the stop when it matter !

How is it set up for failure ? Scheyer recruited these players now it’s on him to get the ones on the bench to return.
I don’t see Nolan leaving for where Louisville? He’s number two at Duke .
you don’t need a veteran coach I’m tired of hearing that he simply needs to play his brand of basketball and it starts with the bench rotation and for Christ sakes someone teach rebounding !
There’s a ton of smoke with Nolan and Louisville. And my point with jon is everyone will compare him to Davis which won’t be fair but that’s what they’ll do.

There’s a ton of smoke with Nolan and Louisville. And my point with jon is everyone will compare him to Davis which won’t be fair but that’s what they’ll do.
How? He is not walking into the same situation as Davis unless he gets Keels, Roach and Moore to return. Most of the players except Manek were all Roy’s players. I’ve heard the smoke about Nolan and Louisville why leave and go there and your number two at Duke or could easily get a head coaching job that’s how well he is liked on coaching circles.
Jon is going to have to think for his self to be successful. If I’m him a big and a shooter out of the transfer portal and teach defense and rebounding.

Duke wasn’t getting the calls all night ! And they didn’t get the stop when it matter !
Yeah I hate blaming the refs…but it was pretty one sided all night. Especially the disparity in paint pts.

Notnlike we where chucking threes all night. The free throw disparity and foul situation handicapped is all night.

Most importantly they couldn’t handle Mark and he barely even played.

But they got the stop…I mean they can’t control the whistle….I think we all agree we got jobbed all night.

You must have not seen the look on their faces walking in the tunnel back to the locker room if you don’t think they care. You’re one of the best posters on this board and we’re all struggling but I can’t support that. Agree with the rest of the post

all someone needs to do is look at Ks last game to see if the one and dines really care… NONE of the former one and done players came, now before you say they have careers, while that’s true Grayson was there and he’s our most recent multi year player I can think of in the league but came! These guys take a year break at duke to reach their ultimate goal.. sure they might have been upset last night after losing but this L will have very little impact on them beyond that

You must have not seen the look on their faces walking in the tunnel back to the locker room if you don’t think they care. You’re one of the best posters on this board and we’re all struggling but I can’t support that. Agree with the rest of the post
Saw the look on their faces . Five are gone after last night ( Paolo, Moore, Williams, Keels and Griffin) if they really care they come back next year and dominate three for sure are not returning! They care in the moment as everyone would but now it’s about when they declare for the draft . Sorry but it’s the reality . It might always hurt they didn’t win but not enough to come back and avenge the loss.

Yeah I hate blaming the refs…but it was pretty one sided all night. Especially the disparity in paint pts.

Notnlike we where chucking threes all night. The free throw disparity and foul situation handicapped is all night.

Most importantly they couldn’t handle Mark and he barely even played.

But they got the stop…I mean they can’t control the whistle….I think we all agree we got jobbed all night.
The four on Johns in the first half was bs. Then to make things worse you see Bacot pull on johns jersey and nothing gets called when he tapped the ball out

How? He is not walking into the same situation as Davis unless he gets Keels, Roach and Moore to return. Most of the players except Manek were all Roy’s players. I’ve heard the smoke about Nolan and Louisville why leave and go there and your number two at Duke or could easily get a head coaching job that’s how well he is liked on coaching circles.
Jon is going to have to think for his self to be successful. If I’m him a big and a shooter out of the transfer portal and teach defense and rebounding.
They don’t care for facts shey or if the situation is different , rest assure they’ll compare him tho. As for smith the facts that it hasn’t been shot down tells me something is there

They don’t care for facts shey or if the situation is different , rest assure they’ll compare him tho. As for smith the facts that it hasn’t been shot down tells me something is there
Well like I told the Louisville posters he can go if that’s what he wants . JJ is sitting at home waiting on a call and I’m sure he’ll come .

The issue is Jon finding the right one .
I’d get an established coach toward the end of his career or not currently coaching.. this is probably unpopular but I’d take tubby smith as an assistant I think he’d bring an interesting different perspective as long as he didn’t have to recruit

Reactions: Mac9192
Carolina losing Monday and then Duke winning back to back NCAA Titles to surpass Carolina would make me feel better. In fact I would completely forget about this loss. Lol I am in so much pain, all i can do laugh to keep from crying

Reactions: KDSTONE
I’d get an established coach toward the end of his career or not currently coaching.. this is probably unpopular but I’d take tubby smith as an assistant I think he’d bring an interesting different perspective as long as he didn’t have to recruit
I think tubby is washed bro. Don’t clown on me but I’d like manning or capel (pitt ain’t paying that buy out tho)

I think tubby is washed bro. Don’t clown on me but I’d like manning or capel (pitt ain’t paying that buy out tho)

He might be I just think someone like that would be a good idea.. no the capel again, he can recruit but can he coach? And Jon is on par with coaching IMO. Manning is actually an interesting idea, that could work

He might be I just think someone like that would be a good idea.. no the capel again, he can recruit but can he coach? And Jon is on par with coaching IMO. Manning is actually an interesting idea, that could work
Like you said we need someone to teach rebounding. It’s amazing that we get our asses kicked on the boards ever year

We did not lose this game because of the refs. They called as many fouls on the Cheats as they did on us. We lost the game because we were outrebounded on offense, because we could not score from three (20%), and because we only made 60% of our foul shots. Our guys never quit, but UNCheat made the clutch shots at the end; we did not. OFC

Last edited:
We did not lose this game because of the refs. We lost the game because we could not rebound on offense, because we could not score from three, and because we only made 60% of our foul shots. It was a miracle we were even in the game. On the other hand, I think Hubert coached really well. The Cheats played virtually the entire game with only five players (other than the 2 minutes Bacot was out). Those 5 players were experienced, and I think that made a huge difference. OFC
Difference was Love was on fire in the second half and like stated rebounding . It’s funny Duke had size and yet still got out rebounded.

Tough to find any positives. Had a chance to sleep on this but these two losses were unacceptable. I will never remember this team as a final four team but instead as the team that lost two of the most important games in Duke history.

I would love JJ and I think we all know we need a shooting coach. Our perimeter game has dropped off in recent years.

OFC

Not just the shooting but overall PG play has dropped..we need at least 2 good PG's each season that can defend, drive and shoot...look at the final...PG's are the key to both and yesterday yet again, we lost to PG play when it mattered

Not just the shooting but overall PG play has dropped..we need at least 2 good PG's each season that can defend, drive and shoot...look at the final...PG's are the key to both and yesterday yet again, we lost to PG play when it mattered
People will kill me but roach ain’t the guy

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT