ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS UNC - FINAL FOUR - OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Play with in ourselves . Bacot said they can’t stop Paolo going downhill I believe is a trap. This is where Paolo needs to stop and pop. Bacot will take a charge .
Duke is going to have to play Duke defense to win . UNC is going to play tight D but as long as Duke attacks and passes out of takes the shot we should be good. Biggest worry is settling for threes and not hitting them. Leaves long run outs on offense for UNC

Reactions: christophero
Play with in ourselves . Bacot said they can’t stop Paolo going downhill I believe is a trap. This is where Paolo needs to stop and pop. Bacot will take a charge .
Duke is going to have to play Duke defense to win . UNC is going to play tight D but as long as Duke attacks and passes out of takes the shot we should be good. Biggest worry is settling for threes and not hitting them. Leaves long run outs on offense for UNC
Duke was 4 for 10 vs the Hogs from deep. Hope they continue to go inside and attack the basket or shoot 2s.

Duke was 4 for 10 vs the Hogs from deep. Hope they continue to go inside and attack the basket or shoot 2s.
This is the difference maker. Duke not settling and attacking. UNC will live happily should Duke start just shooting the ball.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I will be nervous if the game is tight, I will be nervous if we have a lead, I will be nervous if they have a lead. I will be nervous if the score is tied.
Haha, same here. I think the only way I won't be nervous is if they start the game like they did in game 1 at UNC. They got off to a huge lead and anything short of that, I will be nervous.

Reactions: christophero
Watching the Final 4 shows isn’t helping the nerves. UNC clearly has a good chance if the get to control the game and have all those long 3 point clown shots going in. Love and Davis have been unstoppable at times. It might be just too tough to shoot that well there and if Duke limits easy baskets they may panic. Hoping for that.

Watching the Final 4 shows isn’t helping the nerves. UNC clearly has a good chance if the get to control the game and have all those long 3 point clown shots going in. Love and Davis have been unstoppable at times. It might be just too tough to shoot that well there and if Duke limits easy baskets they may panic. Hoping for that.
I’m not . Duke just needs to limit three point shots period . Love and Davis are going to pull up from way behind the arch due to Bacot being down low. Duke just has to play smart defense .

Reactions: JimboSlice00
Some reasons I think we will win tonight.
1. We have coach K. Davis has done a great job, no doubt, but K is a better coach. But if getting your team to play their best is a coach's job, it is hard to argue that Davis has not done a coach of the year type job.
2. We have more talent. We have more weapons. We are peaking at the right time. (to be fair so are they)
3. Coach K seems energized by this run. I have accused him of being stubborn and set in his ways recently, but it seems he is finally listening to me. :)
4. Roach playing at an all ACC level negates their big advantage at the point, as Love has generally outplayed Roach the last 2 years.
5. AJ has had a week to get healthy, and may have a big game today. I also like the way Williams, Banchero and Moore have looked. Keels looks like he is coming out of his slump, and to his credit is not taking 15 shots a game. I'm almost certain he has been told not to do this, as his high volume of shots was starting to affect us.
I’ve heard from high level sources that Coach is always receptive to our suggestions and uses it in the next game plan

Bacots playing chess and the rest of us are playing checkers

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
In two hours and 45 minutes this will the game every one remembers. It’s Duke and UNC on the biggest stage of them all next to the championship game. Leave it all on the floor.

I can't even believe I'm making a game day thread, during Coach K's final season, for the Final Four, against our bitterly hated arch rival. Yeah I said it, HATE.

I don't know who will remember, but on my initial game thread of the season I talked about how long I've been doing this for, and what an honor it is.

If memory serves, I took over for Roshanritter (there's a blast from the past - who remembers that name?) during the 2008-2009 season which would make this my fourteenth season having the honor of doing this all for you. Now, in K's last season, I get to do my third Final Four game day thread, and hopefully, my third National Championship game day thread.

To many of you it's trivial, meaningless, I get it. But for myself, and many of us that have been around a long time, there is something traditional about it. Something rhythmic. It sounds crazy (at least to my wife lol), but I truly appreciate the honor of being able to create these - and it's not lost on me in a moment like today's. The game day thread for a final four match-up, against our fiercely hated rival; knowing any game could be K's last.

Now, let's turn to tonight's epic match-up. We all know the magnitude of today's game. The school and fans of the school that win this game will be able to carry the weight of this one, well, forever. It's well documented the two teams have never met in the NCAA tournament but how fitting it is, that they meet during K's final run.

It's tough to glean a lot from the previous two games. Duke ran the Tar Heels off their own floor in early February by 20 points (87-67) and the Tar Heels proceeded to turn right around and hand it back to Duke, spoiling Coach K's final home game inside Cameron, 94-81. Neither game was even competitive in the second half.

Can we really take anything from either of those games? I honestly don't think you can. The two teams have changed the course of their seasons with their respective play in the tournaments.

The keys to beating Carolina, in my opinion, start and end with Caleb Love and RJ Davis. Brady Manek and Armando Bacot have been consistent all year, and are going to get theirs.

It's running Love and Davis off the three point line and defending the high ball screen. Also, when Love and Davis are allowed to get going, that opens up the paint more for Bacot as they become a more balanced offense.

The story isn't that much different for Duke. Banchero and Williams have been consistent all year and Roach has really come on strong the last six weeks; more so in the tournament. But Duke needs that X-factor.

We need another big game out of AJ or Wendell - someone has to step and play that roll for us. If we're hitting perimeter shots and getting consistent scoring, Duke wins this game.

Duke enters today's match-up not only as the favorite to win today at -4, but the Vegas odds-on favorite to take home the title at +155. If I was betting today, and man I wish I was, the over under is the way I'd go. It currently sits at 151 and the two teams have gone over that in both contests this year.

Tonight's Final Four tilt is scheduled to tip at 8:49 est and will air on TBS. It's likely to tip a little later than that depending on how long game one goes.

Duke - 85

North Carolina 80

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love all your work on these threads K’ville.

Go Duke!

and GTHC, GTH!!!!

I am really nervous just because of who we are playing. Utterly cannot abide UNC.

I don’t care how, just Win!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT