ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS SYRACUSE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Three left. That's it. Two road, and then the final home game of Coach K's career. I'm not going to lie. Instead of being excited about March, I've dreaded it this year because I'm just not ready to see Duke basketball without Coach K roaming the sideline.

That's not at all a lack of confidence in Scheyer and what's to come. In fact, I'm oddly excited about that (how is that possible?)

Anyway, about today. This is a game that on paper, we should win. But we've had plenty of games that we should win on paper going away, that have been battles. Coach Boeheim and his matchup 2-3 zone have given us fits before.

In Cameron earlier this year the Orange had a terrible shooting night and Duke blew them out of the gym. I look for it to be a little better game tonight in the Carrier Dome.

If we can shoot it with any level of consistency on offense and run Syracuse off the three point line on defense we can win this basketball game by double digits against a Syracuse team that hasn't had a great year.

We enter tonight's game at a -7.5 favorite and we're still fighting for a one seed in my humble opinion. If we can run the table, through the ACC tourney, I think we've got a shot at the last one seed.

I was wrong about the game at UVA on Wednesday - at least in terms of covering. But overall against the spread this year I'm well over .500. I think we win, and we cover tonight.

Tonight's game is slated to tip at 6pm est and will air on ESPN.

Duke 84

Syracuse 71

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Big games by Paolo, Griffin and do I dare say Baker will play like how AOC played against Syracuse.

Duke 83
Syracuse 68

Last edited:
We get to watch two legends go at it one last time. Think we win easily, as long as Buddy doesn’t light it up. Syracuse is really weak.

Hot tip for any betters:
Take Tennessee getting 3 against Auburn and St Mary’s getting 11 vs Gonzaga

This coming from a guy that used to get a Christmas Card from his bookie.

Hard to predict this one. We should have a big advantage down low, and even in the backcourt. But I think Syracuse makes it a game, as they play well at home. But we should wear them down.
Syracuse will be fired up as will the crowd. We need to respect them, as they will not just lay down for us at home. 8 points sounds about right. Would like to see Banchero have a big night. I think Mark will put up big numbers.
Duke 84
Syracuse 76

Cuse might attempt 50 threes tonight. Block out all over the floor for those long rebounds. Paolo should feast tonight and get himself going.

Reactions: sheyduke
I lurk on the Syracuse board sometimes, and their fans are pretty cool. They are respectful of K, for the most part, because of his friendship with JB. They don't like Duke; but it's not as over the top as some fan bases. I know Cole Swider is moving on after this year, so they may not be very good next year unless JB hits a home run with transfers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac9192
I like Cuse. I like Jim. I like a well run Zone D. I met Coach B in the Philly airport one day and he's a super cool guy. That said I hope Duke curb stomps them.

Duke 73
Those who only play Zone 68

Making some shrimp scampi and linguini for the game.
How would you compare Paulus and Girard? Both upstate NY point guards, decent shot, a little slow. I like Girard, thought he could have been a good backup PG for us.

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
11-0 start? I'll take it. Now 14-2. 20-4. Is the game already over hahaha. Way to battle Cuse. 25 to 9.

We look hella good today. Although last game has me convinced that Syracuse is the worst team in the league ( just the way they played was awful) leaves me skeptical. Our offense looks fantastic, great movement and on fire

31 to 9. Do we grab a one seed if we win out? Mark looks great. I'm surprised Syracuse didn't put up more of a fight. Banchero with 13. I think he got the memo.

Reactions: hart2chesson
31 to 9. Do we grab a one seed if we win out? Mark looks great. I'm surprised Syracuse didn't put up more of a fight. Banchero with 13. I think he got the memo.
This is a really bad Syracuse team. Combine that with Duke being on fire. We could hang 60 on them this half.

Reactions: christophero
Boy that Syracuse coach is making some great adjustments. How many more decades will he be there?

Of course we like JB, but the recruiting/transfers have not shown up lately.

I realize Jim B has had a great run. And they made the sweet 16 last year. But after this season and beatdown I'd say this fan base is ready to move on from Jim B. And the comments on their forum confirms this.

I can’t figure out why Jones is getting burn over baker…. Bring out Joey buckets

The fact that we are up this big despite our 3 guards having just 6 points speaks to how bad Syracuse is. And how good we are. I am becoming a believer in this team. The lead is down to 17. Don't let up guys.
51-34 at the half.

Great half but let’s be killers and not let them sneak back into this. Up 28 to now 17 gives belief. Let’s run them out if the gym in the first 5 mins of the second half

Huge run by Cuse last 4 minutes 16-3 run to bring in back down. Not more runs like that please.

Clearly the plan was to pound the ball inside. Seems to be working.
77-57 with 8 to go.

Last edited:
Makes no sense to not play the bench up 22 w 3 minutes to go and and you have to travel to Pitt and play Tuesday. Baker is gone and so should Blakes. Can’t win but 1 game tonight. Play the damn bench.

Reactions: christophero
I probably sound like an idiot complaining after this win but you can't be that short sighted. Play Blakes and Baker. Why the hell would Blakes come back if he can't even see the floor in a blow out?
Still; great win. We could get a one seed if we take care of business. We should not fall lower than a 2.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT