ADVERTISEMENT

Duke Rises, Others Fall...

jibip

All American
Mar 30, 2005
So in the last 2 days:

#8 UNC loses a game by letting UVA outplay them down the stretch

#5 Kentucky loses at home (tbh it was basket interference)

#6 Michigan loses at PSU - a subpar team

#2 Dukes comes from 23 pts down with 10 mins to go to win the game outright in regulation.

Huge comeback, but context is even better bc as other teams drop games during this brutal time of year, we are finding ways to win.

And the week is young, could be other top upsets this week.

I don't cuss often, but HELL NO!!!!! I could care less about a number 1 ranking right now. Stevie Wonder can see who is truly the best team in the country. As much as those clowns talk about death to our coach and everything else, they can EAD for all I care.

Are we pulling for UK Saturday?
Heck no. What matters is having that overall number one seed, and we are in pretty darn good position already. Let’s go Rocky Top!! Now if Tennessee were playing Florida or some team like that, then yes I would be pulling for Tennessee to get beat, but since it’s uk, no way no how. Hoping uk gets their second L in a row at Rupp

Reactions: QC Dukie
I know they've only lost 4 games, but I just haven't been impressed with UK at all. If they beat Tenn., they'll get a huge favor getting that possible 1 seed. If they're a 2 seed I can see them bery possibly getting beaten in the second round by a 7 or 10 seed.

I don't think Duke and Tenn are battling for the same seed spot. I would think Duke's preferred spot is #1 in the East (Washington DC), and UT's would be #1 in the South (Louisville).

I know they've only lost 4 games, but I just haven't been impressed with UK at all. If they beat Tenn., they'll get a huge favor getting that possible 1 seed. If they're a 2 seed I can see them bery possibly getting beaten in the second round by a 7 or 10 seed.
I haven’t either! Their ten game win streak has consisted of a horrible Vanderbilt team twice, a bad Texas A&M team, bad Florida team( had the game won but choked), average Mississippi State team twice, and a Kansas team that is a sinking ship right now! But everybody was talking how impressed they are with uk. Never could understand it either. If they beat Tennessee, they stand a chance of getting a one seed, but it still might be slim since they lost to LSU last night.

As nice as it would be to move back to #1 when next week’s poll comes out, I’d rather Tennessee beat Kentucky Saturday then Tennessee lose to someone else before the regular season for Duke to get back Ric #1 but like others have said, it doesn’t really matter if we get back to #1 because we’re already predicted to get the overall #1 seed in the NCAAT. We just need to keep winning and we’ll most likely get the overall 1 seed in the NCAAT which is the first goal needed to reach our ultimate goal of winning #6 this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT