ADVERTISEMENT

Duke is 20-5 and 8-4 in the ACC

Quavarius

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Aug 12, 2009
As much as this team has endured, we've won 20 games with six remaining and one game out of first place in the ACC. These six games will be a challenge but will provide plenty of opportunities to increase our seeding in the NCAA Tournament. Playing at UVA/Miami/Syracuse/UNC and hosting FSU/Wake will still be a challenge and we don't have to go undefeated during the remaining six (although that would be a great story). Here are the current standings.

UNC 9-3
UVA 8-3
FSU 9-4
UL 8-4
Duke 8-4

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
When looking at the ACC standings I noticed something interesting/strange. It seems like different teams will end up playing a different total number of regular season games this season. Here is a comparison between 3 ACC teams that will end up playing 3 different totals of regular season games.

Virginia 30 regular season games
Duke 31 regular season games
UNC 32 regular season games

Don't all teams usually play 31 regular season games?

When looking at the ACC standings I noticed something interesting/strange. It seems like different teams will end up playing a different total number of regular season games this season. Here is a comparison between 3 ACC teams that will end up playing 3 different totals of regular season games.

Virginia 30 regular season games
Duke 31 regular season games
UNC 32 regular season games

Don't all teams usually play 31 regular season games?

Yeah I thought 31 was the maximum any team could play in the regular season. That's interesting

We are in good shape and still in control of our destiny.

Furthermore I think we win at UVA. Go Duke!

We are in good shape and still in control of our destiny.

Furthermore I think we win at UVA. Go Duke!
They're probsbly going to be playing with a chip on their shoulder on Wednesday night after losing to Virginia Tech in double OT tonight but if we play how we've been playing during this current 5 game win streak then I agree with you and think we win.

Last edited:
That's what I was thinking too. Should we be ranked ahead of the cheats? I mean we have same number of losses and we beat them head to head.

OFC

You could make a case but I don't think they drop down that far. We lost four out of seven....that's why we had the significant slide. Even with UNC's loss to us the other night they've still won nine of 11. Hard to quibble if they're ranked ahead of us for time being.

You could make a case but I don't think they drop down that far. We lost four out of seven....that's why we had the significant slide. Even with UNC's loss to us the other night they've still won nine of 11. Hard to quibble if they're ranked ahead of us for time being.
I agree with Dukejay. Holes may drop to 11 or 12, Duke will climb to 13 or 14. Several teams ranked ahead of Duke fell this weekend. Bracket nerds are in a tizzy

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT