ADVERTISEMENT

Duke Blue Brotherhood Forums .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Showenuff

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2006
Just wanted to extend a friendly invite to stop in and check out the DBB . Got some awesome video, interviews , conversations and podcast pages. Oldasdirtdevil has created some great content and his patented photoshop classics are booming these days. No stiff rules there other than being courteous and no politics. Please stop by and say hello ! And Go Duke ! https://dukebluebrotherhood.freeforums.net/

Last edited:
Just wanted extend a friendly invite to stop in and check out the DBB . Got some awesome video, interviews , conversations and podcast pages. Oldasdirtdevil has created some great content and his patented photoshop classics are booming these days. No stiff rules there other than being courteous and no politics. Please stop by and say hello ! And Go Duke ! https://dukebluebrotherhood.freeforums.net/
You don't have to leave DI Just a different type of a Duke basketball board. We all do stand on common ground as Duke fans. Like Show said it's different but it's Duke basketball and we all stand on common ground in that. You don't have to stay. Just give it a try. A lot of DI posters there. OFC

Just wanted extend a friendly invite to stop in and check out the DBB . Got some awesome video, interviews , conversations and podcast pages. Oldasdirtdevil has created some great content and his patented photoshop classics are booming these days. No stiff rules there other than being courteous and no politics. Please stop by and say hello ! And Go Duke ! https://dukebluebrotherhood.freeforums.net/

I signed up yesterday. The site is pretty cool.

Thanks.

John

OAD is fantastic over there. What a treasure he is to Duke fans. E-mailed with him a lot and he is as just a genuine as on the boards. He has to be a wonderful person. Would love to meet him in person some day. OFC

OAD is fantastic over there. What a treasure he is to Duke fans. E-mailed with him a lot and he is as just a genuine as on the boards. He has to be a wonderful person. Would love to meet him in person some day. OFC
His Duke verses UNC pics are epic rivaled by none. And his old Roy pics should be an instant classic.

Hello guys (and gals) it's been a long time since I've been here. I'm just constantly hopping around with my head on fire it seems from all the stuff I've been doing (including over at DBB). Hope all of you are doing well.
Oh, and thanks for the kind words, Sheyduke, it's always nice when people have a little fun with my silly stuff!
Anyway, I've got to run (well, I don't do much of that anymore, but you know what I mean)😎
Maybe I'll 'see' some of you if you happen to drop-in over at DBB. Take care and may God bless each and every one of you.

You don't have to leave DI Just a different type of a Duke basketball board. We all do stand on common ground as Duke fans. Like Show said it's different but it's Duke basketball and we all stand on common ground in that. You don't have to stay. Just give it a try. A lot of DI posters there. OFC
Yeah its a good "co-op" and healthy arrangement between Devils Illustrated and the other site.

OFC

Reactions: Blueheart32
Oh blue heart I guess you saw we stuck with ozuna next year. Lol
I am really anxious to find out who all we keep and who all we lose. Not necessarily expecting a repeat, but if not, let's at least not make it easy for anyone!! Plus, Ocuna will be back!

Last edited:
Just wanted to extend a friendly invite to stop in and check out the DBB . Got some awesome video, interviews , conversations and podcast pages. Oldasdirtdevil has created some great content and his patented photoshop classics are booming these days. No stiff rules there other than being courteous and no politics. Please stop by and say hello ! And Go Duke ! https://dukebluebrotherhood.freeforums.net/
Just asked to join

None of that downer Dan stuff going on. No “we’re a first weekend tourney exit” talk after a regular season loss.
I will tell you right now you are not gonna see the down on Duke, our players or our coaches. You will be given the benefit of doubt because we are all human and nobody like to see Duke lose. Emotions can run strong with passion and emotions and of course that is shown but if a poster just can't help themselves and continues to keep bashing they are given a very fair warning before they aren't permiited to express their opinions anymore. The expectations of the wave members are ti behave is very clear. I think I can count on one hand those who have lost their privildge to post on DBB. I don't post her anywhere near what I did before DBB and to be honest DI had passed me by and I just wasn't getting what I wanted from it since I joined in 2006. Politic and social issues began to overtake the Duke discussions even after The New Lounge was created. Then the keyboard recliner coaches and their way of telling us how we could have won the games we lost took its toll. They only posted when we lost it seemed. I still have good poster friends here. I love the football thread and check it everyday. I love Q's Duke in the NBA thread which I also check everyday. DBB is not for everybody. If you like conflict and confrentation DBB is not for you. If you know more about college basketball than Coach K or Coach Scheyer DBB is not for your. I'm not saying that you can't have an opinion or question something you can't downright gsme after game after game put down our players or coaches. DBB is loads of fun. Lot of funny posters over there that keep things on an even keel and a good Rick Roll can pop up anytime. I love the place. It's a lot like DI used to be 6 or 7 years ago minus cheater u trolls. Imagine that. No cheater u , UK or any other trolls popping in when we lose. I recognize posters here like gedd who is s good poster. I know this is a deepsouth post but I just had to tell it like is. OFC

I look on DBB for the old poster that were on here when I joined( Retired, Sky, OAD, Show and others.) I don’t post much on there but I stick with DI because as long as it’s basketball or football talk I’m good and we get to argue with the occasional troll . It is a good board about all Duke .

That’s not creepy at all. Participation must be low.. gotta come try to steal some more posters I see
Exactly. Quite possibly one of the cringiest posts I’ve ever read. Also, he’s one of the reasons the board isn’t what it used to be.
He lost me when his little girl said you can criticize. What a freaking joke. Haha

• Haha
Reactions: pisgah101
It's not for everyone for sure. I do know of a poster here or two that tried to join DBB a few times under different names that were rejected. Our participation is great and the memembership is growing. Show is just giving another choice. Two entirely different boards. Depends on your outlook on Duke athletics. I do enjoy a lot of posters here but DI has passed me by. Maybe it's because I'm getting older and cannot relate to the times that are changing. I just relate to DBB more. I joined DI back in 2005 mainly because of guys like K-ville, dukiejay and heyman25. All three are on DBB but don't post as much as they used too. K-ville still handles the gameday thread and dukiejay drops by from time to time. Heyman hasn't posted at all . It's been years since he posted here. I stay in contact with him and ask him why he left DI so long ago. He laid it out to me and there were several reasons but it was vintage heyman and some of it woud quite frankly piss some of you off. I expect Show to continue to encourage Duke fans to try DBB. You have another option. Knowing Show you are gonna get a reply from him. He could really care less about your opinion of him and you can criticize but continious bashing you can't. I do find it odd that the most popular thread on this Duke basketball/sports board is one where there is nothing about Duke just bickering but that seems to be drifting into other threads. I guess if you want guys like myself , Show, OAD and othes could be banned by the mods. I guess dukiejay and K-ville are still mods. I care about being liked but the older I get the less I care anbout what people think of me. I've had my say and will not respond any more. We all still stand on common ground as Duke fans I guess. OFC

This is a truly embarrassing thread. It’s like Mean Girls but on a college hoops message board. The cringiness and pontificating need to end. Post wherever you want, post whatever you want. If you’re here and cross the line, sure you’ll be banned, but there’s a long leash.

As far as the implication comment regarding the new lounge thread. It’s the most “popular” because it’s about 15 threads combined into one. It’s also the only place here that you can post non duke related topics. We used to have a lounge, we don’t now for whatever reasons yahoo decided, so out of our control. Comparing that to anything else is short sited and disingenuous.

Moving on, people need to do just that- move on. The random BS about whose board is better is so childish, get over it. Post there, post here, no one cares, we all root for the same freaking team. Not all fans think the same way, some are pessimists, some are optimists, some are realists, and some are, wait for it, fanatical. Let people live.

That’s not creepy at all. Participation must be low.. gotta come try to steal some more posters I see

Maybe you don’t understand how things work, but posters aren’t stolen . Posters go where they want, you can’t hold them hostage, lol. There are lots of Duke fans who post at DI , DBB, Devils Den, Duke Report and others. The trick is to not act like a dick (that’s you two) when posters from other boards stop by. I’m sorry Oldasdirts video scared you. I won’t post anymore. Every time folks come back here to post, you guys make it a clear reminder why they left in the first place. Think about that sometime . Have a good evening fellas.

Reactions: skysdad
Big, bad Show. Hasn’t changed a lick. Only man on here that shits down his leg, yet walks around accusing others of farting.

Take your ball, and run back to your board, son.

Maybe you don’t understand how things work, but posters aren’t stolen . Posters go where they want, you can’t hold them hostage, lol. There are lots of Duke fans who post at DI , DBB, Devils Den, Duke Report and others. The trick is to not act like a dick (that’s you two) when posters from other boards stop by. I’m sorry Oldasdirts video scared you. I won’t post anymore. Every time folks come back here to post, you guys make it a clear reminder why they left in the first place. Think about that sometime . Have a good evening fellas.
You’re right, I post on both boards too. People should be able to post wherever they want.

With that said, coming here and acting holier than thou with the sole purpose of poaching is hypocritical.

I enjoy DBB, I enjoy it here too. Both can be true at they same time. Let’s put the petty BS behind us and enjoy our team. This is childish.

Nope, not big bad Show. I think it’s cool folks post at both. But I get what timo is sayin. I’ll leave y’all alone. Go Duke !

Reactions: skysdad
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT