ADVERTISEMENT

Draft Status

christophero

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
May 2, 2017
I am particularly interested in mock drafts, especially our guys and who may stay or go. I am starting to think Mitchell could come back. I left out international and G League guys and some college guys.
5. JaKobe Walter, Baylor. We will get a good look at him soon. (wing)
6. Isaiah Collier PG USC
7. Rob Dillingham PG Kentucky
8. Stephon Castle G UConn
10. Flip (he is usually listed between 10-20.)
11. Donovan Clingan U Conn C
14 Reed Sheppard Kentucky
15 Ryan Dunn F Virginia
19. Bronny James USC
21. Justin Edwards Kentucky
22. Aday Mara C UCLA
23 DJ Wagner Kentucky G
24. Kobe Johnson USC wing
25. Wooga Poplar Miami wing
27 Proctor (is he sliding?) he is higher on other mocks
No McCain; but I think he will slip into the later first round.
The thing that jumps out at me is Kentucky and USC each have 3 guys. Kentucky may have 4 now that Bradshaw is back. That is a lot of talent. If McCain makes it we will have 3 as well. U Conn has 2 of the top 11.

Last edited:
At this point I’d say the only guys for sure gone are Proctor and Flip. If Mitchell begins attacking better around the basket with purpose he could sneak into the late first early second for his defense .
McCain hasn’t shown , imo draft talent against better competition.

Reactions: christophero
Personally I don't think McCain looks ready but he is on some mock drafts. I don't see anyone on our team starting in the NBA. maybe Proctor if he toughens up. Flip is kind of raw for the NBA but I imagine he goes pro.

Reactions: sheyduke
Mitchell is a less talented Justise Winslow and I think he is not going anywhere this year. But I do think he has potential and the best chance other than the already mentioned Proctor and Filipowski to be drafted.

Too early to call McCain, IMO, but he is undersized so it is a tougher road.

Reactions: christophero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT