ADVERTISEMENT

Dez Bryant

Canadian Dukie

Cameron Crazy
Nov 22, 2017
Halifax N.S.
Just announced,the Cowboys have released Dez Bryant after 8 seasons.as a long time (50 plus years)cowboy fan I'm a little conflicted,i think he could still be a productive player,but releasing him frees up a lot of cap space.Dez made some spectacular catches in his time in Dallas (most memorable,the non catch in Green Bay 2 years ago in the playoffs that next season,lo and behold will be a catch).he also had a fair amount of critical drops and fumbles,as well as his off the field problems.

I think Dez is as good as he has ever been, it's just a different offense now (run first). Tony was a gunslinger and Dak isn't, he goes goes underneath to Beasley, Witten and Elliot mostly with an occasional shot to the outside. Tony can/could throw guys open and was a master at going through progression and exploiting defenses, I think Dak will get better but he will never be the calibur of passer that Romo was with the ability to go through progressions and read defenses (one on one coverage with a single high safety for example) but he is versitile and works hard on his craft.

I guess Jerry recognized that you can't pay a receiver that much $$ for the production he is going to get in the offense they are going to run. If Dez goes to a team with a gunslinger QB the numbers and production will go back up. Wouldn't mind seeing him land in Houston with Hopkins and Watson.

To this day I miss the back shoulder fade to the pylon from Tony to Dez, that was a thing of beauty and it was ALL DAY.

Side note: I am Raiders fan and GF is a die hard Cowboys fan so I know them inside out as much as I do the Raiders :)

Last edited:
I believe his former college WR coach is now with the Eagles...just saying. :D

As a Cowboys fan, I am convinced that I have seen them win their last Super Bowl in my lifetime. I don't even let them break my heart anymore.

Reactions: QC Dukie
He sure would look good In Silver and Black...Just Win Baby!!!

Why release him? Couldn't they at least have traded for a draft pick and still saved the cap money? As a Giants fan Its no big deal to me, but couldnt they at least gotten a 3rd or 4th round pick for him?

Cowboys fan and this is a good move. Like Dez, but vastly overrated imo

Thanks for a common sense post. He has been on the downside due to injuries for two years plus his antics wore out his welcome. It is a business and the Boys are a running team. They will be fine.

Reactions: 2 skerz 3
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT