ADVERTISEMENT

Crazies plans scrapped for UVA GAME-

Thanks for finding this. My UVA friends during conversation had told me that Guy himself was supporting it. If the Crazies wanted it and Guy himself supported it, not sure why it what made into such a huge deal. Sad to see it not happen since it wasn't a personal attack... but on to the game. We all here support Duke. Here's to hoping Duke can get this win at home. We all know the fans at JPJ will be sure to welcome the Duke team for the rematch on Feb. 9th.

Yeah and I am glad to see Guy embrace the challenge as well. Its a sign he is allowing himself exposure to fears like this. I cant agree however it wasnt a "personal attack" since the GoFundMe ad stated "lets make Kyle Guy weep." Thats the part which bugged me considering the depression he encountered.

Yeah and I am glad to see Guy embrace the challenge as well. Its a sign he is allowing himself exposure to fears like this. I cant agree however it wasnt a "personal attack" since the GoFundMe ad stated "lets make Kyle Guy weep." Thats the part which bugged me considering the depression he encountered.

We can agree to disagree on what a “personal attack” is..

Coach K has been known to stop the Crazies cheers in games when he thinks it is out of line with what should happen at a Duke game. If the stunt would have happened, I think and trust K would have stopped anything that would have went out of line. A few of us here think it would have never got to that level and that it was in good fun.

Like has been said before..the stunt of having the UMBC player show up is nowhere on the same level or even close to what players like Redick, Singler, and Allen had to endure from opposing fan bases.

I myself think Guy would have embraced it just fine. Cameron Crazies are great at what they do and they are a respectable and fun fan base who I think would have let this happen without a major conflict taken place. UVA still has to travel to Blacksburg and the Hokie fan base won’t be sensitive at all to any UVA player in the VA rivalry game especially after the beat down they received at JPJ.

I think this thread (or maybe just me just posting on it lol) has ran its course. Like I said I think Guy will be fine. ALL players have to find ways to overcome mental hurdles in the game of basketball whether it be upset games, injuries, losses or shooting slumps, etc.. they find a way to overcome it knowing that opposing fan bases and March Madness itself are around the corner.

Here's to hoping for a Duke win Saturday. Go Duke!

We can agree to disagree. If the stunt would have happened, I think and trust K would have stopped anything that would have went out of line. A few of us here think it would have never got to that level and that it was in good fun. I myself think Guy would have embraced it just fine. Cameron Crazies are great at what they do and they are a respectable and fun fan base

The CRAZIES ARE AN AWESOME TOTALLY UNIQUE AND INNOVATIVE FAN BASE. In my 60 years I have embraced everything they have done....However like you've stated and I am on same page, "We can agree to disagree."

Nonetheless I think if you've had a close friend or loved one go thru this, it doesnt make you WRONG not to go along w/the majority of opinions. Thats what stirs debate in forums like this (as long as posters don't get PERSONAL and call people out).

Bottom line we are on the same page in the way Kyle Guy and his teammates are embracing the challenge.I just hope they dont embrace it too much friend. My other take has been we're possibly giving an already stoked and undefeated team even more motivation. Doesnt really matter its been called off perhaps Guy and co will still remember.

However Yes.....
#HeresToHopingForADukeWinSaturday!

I was actually totally against having Maura here because it was announced way in advance and didn’t think you needed to give UVA bulletin board material, but now that everyone is convinced he’s not coming, I would bring him in quietly for the game. We can use everything we can get on Saturday with Tre out and Maura showing up out of the blue may actually serve the original purpose.

Reactions: dukiejay
I was actually totally against having Maura here because it was announced way in advance and didn’t think you needed to give UVA bulletin board material, but now that everyone is convinced he’s not coming, I would bring him in quietly for the game. We can use everything we can get on Saturday with Tre out and Maura showing up out of the blue may actually serve the original purpose.

bmbritt, "the bulletin board material" was a concern of mine as well....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT