ADVERTISEMENT

Countdown to Craziness | Friday night

My take ;

Flip and Mitchell still have issues dribbling in at the top of the key . Forcing .

Stewart , is a true freshman. Tick tac reach in fouls on guards but has the athleticism.

Reeves looked the same way he did last season at CTC although he is bigger almost the same size as Flip. Will he play a lot ? He is the only true center on the roster and his size will be needed. It remains to be seen how many minutes he’ll get .

Won’t go into much on the returning players but Powers, McCain and Foster all will have learning curves this season .

It was a scrimmage so I didn’t take away much outside of the fact that you could tell who four of the starters will be and I didn’t really see anyone who truly stood out for the fifth spot . Going to be a fun season .
Only thing I disagree with is reeves - he looked more fluid (and healthy) this year.

Only thing I disagree with is reeves - he looked more fluid (and healthy) this year.
Yeah but it was a scrimmage. To me he played the same as he did at CTC last year . I’m not dogging him I want Reeves to thrive as many know I think you can’t teach his size and he has added weight . I’m all for him as the fifth starter.

Reactions: jamsession2
Mitchell still looks a little raw offensively and has a shaky handle. Not sure he has an NBA game. Would love to get year 3 out of him. He is a terrific college player. He needs to develop a consistent jumper so teams don't play off him.

Last edited:
Reactions: jamsession2
Yeah but it was a scrimmage. To me he played the same as he did at CTC last year . I’m not dogging him I want Reeves to thrive as many know I think you can’t teach his size and he has added weight . I’m all for him as the fifth starter.
Oh I get it’s a scrimmage, but his movement and activity was much better. For example he was lugging down the court last year but this year was moving well up and down the court.

Mitchell still looks a little raw offensively and has a shaky handle. Not sure he has an NBA game. Would love to get year 3 out of him. He is a terrific college player. He needs to develop a consistent jumper so teams don't play off him.
If he can hit a couple 3 pointers per game and/or score in low double figures then he’s got a shot to be a 1st round pick. NBA loves guys that can either shutdown or slowdown the opponents best perimeter player. He’s got a good shot at being the best defender in the ACC. Just needs to score 10-13 points per game & grab 5+ rebounds.

Mitchell is a true bull dog . His best offense is attacking the basket at Will. He would be your old school power forward and would thrive in the 90’s version of the NBA. Will not argue with you one bit about his handles especially beyond the arch .
His Jumper is there but his best attribute to this team or any is attacking the basket. Let the defense worry about him doing that and his jumpers and three’s will be open .

If he can hit a couple 3 pointers per game and/or score in low double figures then he’s got a shot to be a 1st round pick. NBA loves guys that can either shutdown or slowdown the opponents best perimeter player. He’s got a good shot at being the best defender in the ACC. Just needs to score 10-13 points per game & grab 5+ rebounds.

I think Mitchell can develop into a Gerald “Crash” Wallace type of player in the NBA. Athletic, plays excellent defense, and will still score 10-15 points a game by making hustle plays.

I think Mitchell can develop into a Gerald “Crash” Wallace type of player in the NBA. Athletic, plays excellent defense, and will still score 10-15 points a game by making hustle plays.
I said this last year about Mitchell . His best offense is around and attacking the basket. He’s an old school pf that needs to play around the basket . His length and athleticism makes him hard to stop from scoring or ending up on the free throw line .

Speaking of Mexican food or in the realm, Mackenzie Mgbako was arrested for refusing to leave a Taco Bell drive thru this weekend…🤷

Mitchell is a true bull dog . His best offense is attacking the basket at Will. He would be your old school power forward and would thrive in the 90’s version of the NBA. Will not argue with you one bit about his handles especially beyond the arch .
His Jumper is there but his best attribute to this team or any is attacking the basket. Let the defense worry about him doing that and his jumpers and three’s will be open .
Actually think Mitchell’s NBA ceiling would end up being a similar player as Jimmy Butler.

Actually think Mitchell’s NBA ceiling would end up being a similar player as Jimmy Butler.
I don’t see it . Butler is a great two way player that can score from multiple positions . I think Mitchell is more of a defensive wing who as time goes will perfect his shot . His chance of making the league will be in his defense at guarding multiple positions and his ability to get to the free throw line .

I don’t see it . Butler is a great two way player that can score from multiple positions . I think Mitchell is more of a defensive wing who as time goes will perfect his shot . His chance of making the league will be in his defense at guarding multiple positions and his ability to get to the free throw line .
Agree here. Don’t see Butler as his ceiling. Think that’s asking way too much of Mark.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT