ADVERTISEMENT

Chad Ford on Grayson Allen

mnealon

Starter
Dec 24, 2005
the ESPN draft guru just tweeted something ridiculous: "Getting lots of positive feedback on Grayson Allen from NBA folks today in prep for new Big Board. Might be a 1st rounder if he declares"

C'mon!! I think he's definitely got an NBA future, but one good half and now the kid is supposed to consider leaving Duke?!? Christ...

This post was edited on 4/7 6:24 PM by mnealon

This post was edited on 4/7 6:25 PM by mnealon

Chad Ford

Why wouldn't he be? Decent size, incredibly strong with a lot more room to get even stronger, great handle, unbelievable athlete, very good shooting touch, great free throw shooter, fearless. Why couldn't he be a first rounder?

cool.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 4/7 9:42 PM by DukiesDohK

coming back

They had to create some views and discussion. He's the hot name right now. Where were they when he dropped 27 on Wake?

I'd like to see the % of players who are drafted below 15th pick which remain in the league for 2 years or more. It's gotta be below 50%.

Originally posted by Laettner:
I'd like to see the % of players who are drafted below 15th pick which remain in the league for 2 years or more. It's gotta be below 50%.
This. That Duke degree (with no debt) may be more valuable in the long run

This post was edited on 4/8 7:29 AM by TRU CANE

It is an interesting discussion if indeed he was a first round lock.

There is no question Allen will get better in college but that doesn't always matter for the NBA. As you get better you also get older and once teams are focused more on Grayson we will start to find out where he struggles.

If money was an issue for Allen and he had a chance to help his family situation for years...it would probably be smart to seriously consider it. Since I don't believe that is the case...giving up what could be the best few years of your life in college might be something he would regret.

I always figured Allen would stay all four years at Duke but now I'm doubting it. What do you guys think?

He's got a similar game to Dahntay Jones. I think if he can be more consistent with his outside shot, in addition to his driving ability, he'll be ready to go the league. If he ever develops a mid range game, he'll be lethal b/c players will over commit when he drives off of a ball screen.

I think we have 1 mayyyyyybe 2 more years with Grayson. His role next year is going to be one that will maximize his draft stock. If he works hard (from all reports he is the hardest working guy on the team) and executes next year he will shoot up the draft board. I would guess he will be 2 and done.

Grayson has always been looked at as a guy that could leave by his Jr season. Didn't hear much about him having the ability to leave after 2 years, but hey you never know. With the big 3 gone next year, he's going to have the rock in his hands a lot, and i expect him to lead our team in scoring, probably north of 15ppg. He's that good.

Of course things could change.

I'd anticipate enjoying Grayson for 3 more years. Let's see if he can make his way towards getting that number 3 retired.

Originally posted by TRU CANE:

Originally posted by Laettner:
This. That Duke degree (with no debt) may be more valuable in the long run

This post was edited on 4/8 7:29 AM by TRU CANE
Is a Duke degree going to guarantee 12 million bucks? I know that being a first round pick in the NBA draft will.

It's not that much in the 2nd half of the 1st round, but I get your point.

Is this really what the NBA has become? You play well for a five minute stretch...and you're a first round draft pick? I would be the last one to take anything away from Grayson, he came up so big for us this year. He finally found his niche at the perfect time and it allowed him to let this be the foundation for the rest of his career at Duke. But the NBA is getting to be a joke. There has got to be a rule change if college basketball wants to stay relevant. You shouldn't go to the NBA draft because you had a few good games...you should go to the NBA draft because you feel your game has reached a point where you could forgo the rest of your college eligibility and you have developed into a player that can compete at the next level. Grayson played well in the last two games of the season...he absolutely killed it in the Wisconsin game. But there is no way he should be considered for the first round of the NBA draft right now. You guys watched the Michigan State game. He drove to the basket hard three or four times and got absolutely swatted by guys who ARE MUCH MORE DEVELOPED.

Once again, Grayson you took a huge step in your game...and I love that it came on the biggest stage of college basketball. But talk like this makes the NBA look desperate...and the fact of the matter is, the college game is being destroyed because the NBA offers a paycheck. Plain and simple

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT