ADVERTISEMENT

CBS Announces broadcast teams for NCAA, final FF for Jim Nantz

Baffles me Dan ("OH GOSH WHAT A PASS!!!") Bonner makes it every year. "Goofy" must know someone.

OFC

• Haha
Reactions: pisgah101
I don't need the game described to me like its radio. I also don't need Dickie V telling me Flip is a diaper dandy. Its like they are describing the game to someone watching basketball for the first time.

Reactions: hart2chesson
What do you guys think of Gus Johnson? I really like him but may be biased since I listened to him on the local TV station growing up on the MD/DC area.

I like Gus. Brent Musburger is my favorite he did a few Saturday Duke games in the Brand years for ABC.
I do not like Vern Lundquist, who makes a 5 yard gain in football sound like a hail mary completion in the Super Bowl.

Last edited:
Reactions: The_Only_Blue
I hate Gus. Gets overly excited about mundane plays. Go to an 11, fine. But dont stay there...

Nantz is one of my favorites. Sad to hear it’s his last NCAA Tournament. His voice was part of Duke’s greatest successes nationally. All 5 National Championships and all the other Final Fours they went to from 91 onward. And we can’t forget some of those regional championship games as well he covered. (And Billy Packer was a major voice in that also. Duke won 2 titles though after Billy retired so Nantz was there for them all.)

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT