ADVERTISEMENT

Calling Matt Doherty

Barry 24

Recruit
Jul 22, 2019
About 17 years ago, ol Roy's protege, Matt Doherty, was fired by the UNCheats. Ol Roy quickly realized that Doherty had recruited some very good players. Huckleberry Hound Williams left Kansas under the cover of darkness and won a national title with Doherty's players. Just wondering if ol Roy will have the guts to call his former protege for advice on how to deal with the least talented UNC team since the Jason Capel, Kris Lang 8-20 debacle

I've always told UNC fans, Matt D name needs to be on that Championship team roster. Roy never had that much talent pre - UNC.

Reactions: Dad2ze
Just think how bad they would've been if Nassir Little came back for a second season??

But for real, I'm not convinced UNC is as bad as their fans say they are. They will win some games and finish Top 15-20 with a 4 seed (in both tournaments)

Reactions: skysdad
Just think how bad they would've been if Nassir Little came back for a second season??

But for real, I'm not convinced UNC is as bad as their fans say they are. They will win some games and finish Top 15-20 with a 4 seed (in both tournaments)

I agree. One way or another the cheaters will go to the dance. OFC

They are bad, but they will manage to luck into some wins and make the tourney.

I wonder if matt may be a regular poster on this board? It would be fairly easy to set up an account. He could could second guess our coaching staff whenwe lose while pretending to be a Duke fan. I saw somewhere that his name should be on the national championship trophy that included, mccants, may, felton and hof coach roy williams. It was his team after all wasn't it? That would make him a champion right? OFC

Last edited:

I tend to be much more cautious about UNC's demise....this time not as much. I've only watched them twice, but they're a pretty bad basketball team right now. Obviously there's a lot of season left to go. That said, nine or 10 games into the season and they've yet to score 80 points. Even though there's a lot more parity in the ACC this season, I feel they're going to have to make a pretty significant jump to finish in the top four. They're probably not going to be as bad as we'd like them to be, but right now I'd really have to be convinced they can contend in conference play.

This is the worst offensive UNC team that I can recall, and I can't ever see a Roy team being carried by their defense, they are okay defensively, but they definitely aren't elite.

They will take some beatings in ACC play for sure, hopefully 2 of them by Duke. However, I can't remember a time the ACC was this bad, so I don't think they will be in danger of missing the tournament.
Outside of Duke, Louisville, UVA, and possibly FSU...UNC can hang with anyone.

I tend to be much more cautious about UNC's demise....this time not as much. I've only watched them twice, but they're a pretty bad basketball team right now. Obviously there's a lot of season left to go. That said, nine or 10 games into the season and they've yet to score 80 points. Even though there's a lot more parity in the ACC this season, I feel they're going to have to make a pretty significant jump to finish in the top four. They're probably not going to be as bad as we'd like them to be, but right now I'd really have to be convinced they can contend in conference play.

All I want is for them to lose and lose an lose and lose. I cannot stand cheaters and I know I come across as being obsessed with my hopes of their failure. I used to have just a pinch of respect for the basketball program and it's success and dean smith but all that went out the window with the biggest scam in NCAA athletic history with the AFAM athletic and academic scandal. Not only were dean smith present at unc when it all came to be but so where current ACC commissioner johnny "tar heel "swofford and mack brown, bill gutheridge and matt doherty. If they didn't know anything about it they were just plain stupid. Once hof coach roy williams got there he knew about it also and when the heat started he stopped his players from taking any AFAM courses. It's gonna take a long time for me to have any respect at all for any of their athletic programs. That's me. That's the way I feel. If it happened at Duke I would still be a Duke fan but I would be ashamed, embarrassed and disappointed and whoever was involved no matter who it was I would hope they would all lose their jobs and not settle for the payoffs firing of a few scape goats here and there. OFC

Last edited:
Concerning Matt Doherty, I heard him speak last year at a meeting and chatted with him afterwards. He was likeale. I think he realizes that his approach to coaching in those days was deficient.

My son, sadly a UNC fan, texed me after Cole Anthony exploded onto the seen earlier. He was ecstatic. I poked fun saying that though Cole Anthony is a great player he could not win games by himself. Old dad was prescient was he not? :)

Concerning Matt Doherty, I heard him speak last year at a meeting and chatted with him afterwards. He was likeale. I think he realizes that his approach to coaching in those days was deficient.

My son, sadly a UNC fan, texed me after Cole Anthony exploded onto the seen earlier. He was ecstatic. I poked fun saying that though Cole Anthony is a great player he could not win games by himself. Old dad was prescient was he not? :)

You should have asked him what he said to Chris Collins that pissed a Chris off. OFC

matt is my all time favorite cheater basketball coach. OFC
Amen sky, I loved watching him display his talents on the sideline, especially after he fell into a win the first time he faced Coach K and then poked at it even going as far as talking about our cheerleaders. I believe its safe to say he didn't have much luck facing K after that mouth spouted off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT