ADVERTISEMENT

Bronny

Willcampbell

Cameron Crazy
Oct 20, 2004
Read somewhere that offer from Ohio State may be a problem because of scholarship availability. If true, good for Ohio State.
OFC

Agree with the others about him and Duke. No.

What’s weird is the poster who started this thread was complaining about posters discussing future teams on another thread. Talk about rich.

Agreed, hard pass. That is kind of a no win situation because if Bronny doesn't come out playing well, the coaching staff will look bad. However, if he needs to stay a few years to "develop" then the staff also looks bad.

No thanks on this one.

Bronny is a good player that is still developing and maybe even still growing....his athleticism and defense is his calling cards right now...imo

If we’re gonna start recruiting players based on who their parents are, I say we head down the glm route ( good looking moms) The last thing Sheyer needs is Lebrun helicoptering his big head over the program
The GLM is a wonderful thing. I remember a particularly exhausting Saturday night after coaching 3 AAU games. I was at my breaking point. We had just won and I was wasting my time explaining to a particularly hideous mom that I hadn't played her boy in the second half because he refused to play defense. I couldn't get away. The team's GLM sensed my frustration and rescued me. Her lad started the championship game on Sunday even though he wasn't very good

Reactions: KDSTONE
I am going to have to respectfully go against the grain and disagree with most.

I think Bronny is developing into a very good player. Kid seems to have a very good attitude as well. He comes from a solid family background. I think the team that gets him will be lucky and potentially a steal.

The first that came to my mind was Josh's mom. She got an awful lot of camera time during Duke telecasts...well deserved.
OFC
PS: Of course, UNC always could fight back with Tammy!
Tammy traveled more than her son did. She really “blew” it. Could’ve had a “long” career.

I see two routes for young Bronny. Either he goes the dleague route( Lebron has been very vocal on where he stands about kids having to go to college before going to the league .) Or he stays in college for a couple of years . He’s not a pg and lacks the size to play the two guard spot in the league so his best position is combo . I don’t think Lebron will be as much of a headache as some think given the league calendar starts with college basketball.

A few things..
1. This thread was clearly a thread to throw jabs at Lebron. There are about 2 posts actually talking about Bronny.
2. No one here would ever say anything to Lebron’s face in public but love to hide behind the internet walls.
3. Bronny is a hard-nosed defensive player who is unselfish and is a better passer/defender than scorer. These are the types of guys that help gel championship teams.
4. He isn’t coming here, and he probably isn’t good enough to start as a freshman anyway. But he is the type of kid who will only keep getting better and if he plays college ball for a few years, will be a winning player on a winning team.
5. The younger son Bryce (14 or 15) is already bigger than Bronny, could have a Lebron type body, and end up being a much better player than Bronny.

Go Blue Devils!

A few things..
1. This thread was clearly a thread to throw jabs at Lebron. There are about 2 posts actually talking about Bronny.
2. No one here would ever say anything to Lebron’s face in public but love to hide behind the internet walls.
3. Bronny is a hard-nosed defensive player who is unselfish and is a better passer/defender than scorer. These are the types of guys that help gel championship teams.
4. He isn’t coming here, and he probably isn’t good enough to start as a freshman anyway. But he is the type of kid who will only keep getting better and if he plays college ball for a few years, will be a winning player on a winning team.
5. The younger son Bryce (14 or 15) is already bigger than Bronny, could have a Lebron type body, and end up being a much better player than Bronny.

Go Blue Devils!
Stunning logic. So, just because Lebron could beat up someone who is a foot shorter and 80 lbs lighter, the little guy should refrain from using the internet for its intended purpose unless he faces Lebron down publivly. Some people just do not admire narcissists and political hypocrites. Add me to the list. OFC

Stunning logic. So, just because Lebron could beat up someone who is a foot shorter and 80 lbs lighter, the little guy should refrain from using the internet for its intended purpose unless he faces Lebron down publivly. Some people just do not admire narcissists and political hypocrites. Add me to the list. OFC
All good Devilinside! I personally am not a Lebron fan, but recognize his greatness. I stay out of all politics so can’t speak to that.

Reactions: Duke937
A few things..

Go Blue Devils!

We got a tough guy here!

A few things..

Go Blue Devils!
I’ll say something to Lebron face in public but I guarantee you he’s hardly ever by hisself .
the thing is the kid didn’t even say he was open to college his dad said it for him .
I don’t think anyone is knocking either it’s just some don’t want the Lavar ball effect . Kid will play somewhere that’s for sure .

A few things..

Go Blue Devils!
Glad somebody else has some common sense!

I believe he’s saying that you’re going to be too busy taking pictures and saying hey look, it’s LeBron! Not saying you’re gonna go beat his a**. But hey twist it your way.

A few things..

Go Blue Devils!
I absolutely would say LeChina. Who cares? Scary you think there aren’t any humans out there that would say something like that.

and of course we talk about LeChina; it would be a huge unnecessary distraction for a kid who really isn’t Duke level talent. Is what it is. He will catch on somewhere and get a free education.

Reactions: timo0402
I believe he’s saying that you’re going to be too busy taking pictures and saying hey look, it’s LeBron! Not saying you’re gonna go beat his a**. But hey twist it your way.
Take pictures? You’re kidding, right? Wow, glad you all fit every stranger into your perfect judgement model.

I’ve said my piece on LeBron - if y’all want to make ludicrous blanket statements about total strangers, head over to The Lounge. It’s good times and a free-for-all.

Last edited:
The hate for LeBron on here. Amazes me.
It really shouldn't. Dude is an amazing talent on the court, also a major drama queen on the court. But an amazing talent, nonetheless. I understand the dislike for the "shut up and dribble" mentality. But it goes further than his opinions on social matters and politics. He is a liar, a divisive prick and an uneducated hypocrite.

All that said, this thread is about his son, who unfortunately has to deal with the polarizing character that is his father. Both from people who show unquestioned love of his character because he sits on the same political spectrum. And from the people who give him no respect because he is on the opposite side. There's a middle ground, like respecting his talent as a basketball player and respecting the good things he does as a father and a member of his community. But unfortunately, we are in an environment that doesn't show love for middle ground. And he himself is guilty just like his adversaries.

For the record, I’m on board with Bronny not being here. Duke will have 5-6 guys in that class much better than him. I’d hate for him to come here, with all the media attention that would come with it, and him be the 3rd or 4th guy off the bench. Just drama I’m not interested in.
But that’s why I’m not interested, nothing to do with his dad or what his dad does.

LeBron for sure cries on the court. But every single superstar in the league does it now. Everybody.

But LeBron as a person, you can’t find anybody better. Still married to his high school sweetheart. He’s taken care of all of his high school friends. Given them jobs, putting them in great positions to succeed. Opened schools, sends hundreds to college every year. How that’s a bad thing I just don’t know.

Now let’s look at Jordan’s personal life lol polar opposites. Alcoholic with a gambling addiction, has had how many wives? Why was his dad murdered? Hmm, who would I want my kid to idolize..

LeBron for sure cries on the court. But every single superstar in the league does it now. Everybody.

But LeBron as a person, you can’t find anybody better. Still married to his high school sweetheart. He’s taken care of all of his high school friends. Given them jobs, putting them in great positions to succeed. Opened schools, sends hundreds to college every year. How that’s a bad thing I just don’t know.

Now let’s look at Jordan’s personal life lol polar opposites. Alcoholic with a gambling addiction, has had how many wives? Why was his dad murdered? Hmm, who would I want my kid to idolize..
I mean, I can and have acknowledged that he does good as a father and a member of his community. It's great that he is able to do such things with his incredible wealth. But I don't think it would be THAT hard to find someone who is as good of a person who also doesn't lie about being a victim of racism. Who doesn't disparage millions of people because of their line of work. Who doesn't insult the intelligence of half the country while being completely uneducated on the topics that he criticizes said people about. He is a divisive hypocrite who is guilty of creating the environment that has caused much of the angst that he is a victim of.

Having money and using it to do good things is awesome. But it isn't all it takes to be the best person you can find. Certainly a higher moral character than MJ. I will give you that. Though it isn't relevant to the conversation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT