ADVERTISEMENT

Best Wins / Worst Losses

LetsGoDukies

All Conference
Jul 10, 2013
How would order Duke's worst losses and best wins this year? Here's my opinion..

Worst Losses (starting with the worst):
1. NC State
2. VT
3. Louisville
4. FSU
5. Kansas

Best wins (starting with the best):
1. ND
2. UNCheat
3. Florida
4. GT
5. Michigan St

state to me is def the worse....yet it may be considered the spark to the turnaround

I don't consider any of them bad losses except the State game. That game was inexcusable. The other four you mentioned were tough losses to good teams. Virginia Tech just beat a ranked Virginia team also.

I don't consider any of them bad losses except the State game. .

That is how I feel as well. The other four losses were either at neutral sites (1) or on the road (3) to NCAA Tournament teams.

I agree with the OP's ranking of our best wins. That also shows me we need a few more "marquee" wins, but luckily in this conference those opportunities are plentiful. Duke still has UVA, UNC, FSU, @Syracuse, even the @Miami would all be resume builders. Then of course the ACC Tournament.

I remember dukejay saying he was concerned that Dennis Smith might catch fire and blow up and kill us in that game. I didn't think that would ever happen but Smith blew up and made NC State out worst loss with VT coming in 2nd.

Best win for me was go to hell UNcheats.

That is how I feel as well. The other four losses were either at neutral sites (1) or on the road (3) to NCAA Tournament teams.

I agree with the OP's ranking of our best wins. That also shows me we need a few more "marquee" wins, but luckily in this conference those opportunities are plentiful. Duke still has UVA, UNC, FSU, @Syracuse, even the @Miami would all be resume builders. Then of course the ACC Tournament.
Man when you look at the rest of the schedule Duke is going to have to be really good to keep adding wins to the wins column.@ UVA and @ Miami and @ Syracuse and @ UNC is a heck of a gauntlet right before the ACC tourney. Even the home games with FSU will be a hard game. Duke will either be totally prepared for the big dance or fold completely after this stretch of games.

How would order Duke's worst losses and best wins this year? Here's my opinion..

Worst Losses (starting with the worst):
1. NC State
2. VT
3. Louisville
4. FSU
5. Kansas

Best wins (starting with the best):
1. ND
2. UNCheat
3. Florida
4. GT
5. Michigan St

Worst Losses
1. NC State
2. VT
3. FSU
4. Louisville
5. Kansas

Best wins
1. UNCAA
2. ND
3. Florida
4. GT
5. Michigan State

I remember dukejay saying he was concerned that Dennis Smith might catch fire and blow up and kill us in that game. I didn't think that would ever happen but Smith blew up and made NC State out worst loss with VT coming in 2nd.

Best win for me was go to hell UNcheats.

Unfortunately, that dukiejay guy sounds like he knows what he's talking. :p

But seriously, the upcoming schedule is the kind that preps you for March. With six conference games remaining I'd like to see this team somehow rally and go 5-1....but that seems optimistic. A 4-2 record against that gauntlet would be quite impressive....anything worse and you can't help but think that maybe this Duke team is just kind of who they are, and that's an uber-talented bunch with the capabilities to beat anyone but maybe not strong enough to finish what they set out to do.

We're batting .500 against top teams but are on a 2 game win streak. Hopefully we take a few more starting with Tony "no O" Bennett.

Tatum has an opportunity to get to the free throw line all game long.

Yea we win the state game and we're sitting atop the acc standings right now.

The NCSU loss was really big. It hurt but it's behind us now. Going to UVA tomorrow night. We win there and the regular season is a really strong possibility because UVA will beat unc. OFC

Ok, play "Devils Advocate" here (pun intended).....Who knows if Duke rips off 5 straight Ws if they lose that State game????
Worse losses though obviously-
1-state
2-va tech
3-fl st
4-louisville
5-kansas

Best wins
1-notre dame
2-cheats
3-fla
4-ga tech
5-mich st

Best win to coach k
-Clemson

OFC

If we win the NCSU game, I don't think we have the desire to come back and win the Wake road game.

Then if we don't win the Wake road game, would road Notre Dame really end up being our first road win of the year??????

If we win the NCSU game, I don't think we have the desire to come back and win the Wake road game.

Then if we don't win the Wake road game, would road Notre Dame really end up being our first road win of the year??????

Deep thoughts. OFC

NC State
LVille
Florida St.
Kansas

Wins

UNC
ND
WAKE
CLEMSON

I'm a Blue Devil. That glass is always full.
Well I am too and my SUPPORT always has my cup runneth over!!!! As for each and every game, especially road games in this league, I try to temper my enthusiasm from my heart w/realism from my head to know we can't win 'em all...However I never expect to lose ANY GAME!!! OFC

Unfortunately, that dukiejay guy sounds like he knows what he's talking. :p

But seriously, the upcoming schedule is the kind that preps you for March. With six conference games remaining I'd like to see this team somehow rally and go 5-1....but that seems optimistic. A 4-2 record against that gauntlet would be quite impressive....anything worse and you can't help but think that maybe this Duke team is just kind of who they are, and that's an uber-talented bunch with the capabilities to beat anyone but maybe not strong enough to finish what they set out to do.
I was actually pretty impressed by your ability to predict what happened and totally disguisted by how correct you were. Please don't do that any more.;)

The NC State game still stings.. we would be sitting at the top of the ACC standings and a firm grip on a 2 seed with that win

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT