ADVERTISEMENT

Banchero

Can we call him The Stallion, since he's Italian? Oh yeah!

I think we'd be really, really lucky to have Paulo and Brakefield as our forwards next year.

If Baldwin commits and one of them decides to transfer, I’m hoping it’s Brakefield that stays. Think he has the more upside over Coleman, but I could be wrong.

Reactions: christophero
I know he's been listed as a 4, but wouldn't Brakefield play more like a 3 for us?

Reactions: christophero
I know he's been listed as a 4, but wouldn't Brakefield play more like a 3 for us?
He's built to play either position. K loves the hybrid 3/4 guys: Battier, Singler, Winslow, Ingram etc. Offensively Brakefield should have no issue, I do worry about him defensively (as a freshman) guarding quicker guys out on the perimeter.

I think where he plays depends on what is around him. This year we are loaded at guards and wings but lack depth at bigs, so I could see Brakefield's minutes coming at the 4 more.

We all have to remember that Brakefield was very highly rated and ranked when he was younger much like Stanley was. Although, Brakefield may not get the same opportunity as Stanley did with minutes, there is no denying his talent. If Brakefield is iven a role off the bench it is his chance to prove himself.

Definitely there is no doubting either is fire or his skills.

I just hope we get that Baldwin commitment. Isn’t his dads team the presumed leader at this point?

Anyone else see Banchero clap back at Jay Williams on Twitter for calling out Lebron?? Duke on Duke crime!

I've always thought he is the best player in the class. He does everything well. So many dimensions to his game.

Reactions: DukeNation12
I've been pretty anti-one and done lately (go after the best but we've become a little unbalanced lately) but I'm happy to have Bandero. Hopefully most of our freshman stick around/wait their turn and we could have a great team next year.

Last edited:
Paolo played like a man amongst boys and made everyone including Baldwin look inferior....he looks to be the clear #1 in this class when the new rankings come out again.

Really like both the recruits. Versatile and athletic. Both can go up on the rim and handle the ball on the outside. Griffin looks like the better shooter. But Banchero ... so impressive.

Banchero shows some serious all around skills for a guy listed as a "center." He can pass, dribble, shoot a 3, and score and rebound inside.

Sort of click bait by Goodman there. Paolo seems 100% committed on going to college at Duke and getting to play for K. Chet seems like a possible Zags guy from that video.

Yeah, I didn't hear the actual interview... assuming he didnt say anything major.

He talked about how excited he was to play for Duke. Why Duke made sense for him and how involved K actually is with recruiting, which is quite a lot, (despite what some think), according to Paolo and Goodman. Paolo talked about how making money in college isn't a big factor or focus for him. He just wants to improve as a player at Duke. Goodman talked about how the G league isn't a great option for most guys and both Chet and Paolo seemed to be in line with that thinking. Basically because there is no real exposure for G league guys compared to being a star on a big program in college.

It's a risk for any top 10 recruit at this point. Sounds like he's coming to Duke though.

I hope he will wait til next year as we are stacked at the forward position. Next year we will need him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT