ADVERTISEMENT

Article on Flagg

smashmouth5

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Aug 25, 2001
I wish they would cool the generational talk. In the last decade our forwards have included Zion, Banchero and Tatum. I get he is good.

Last edited:
Reactions: jamsession2
I wish they wouls cool the generational talk. In the last decade our forwards have included Zion, Banchero and Tatum. I get he is good.
If they put that title on him and Duke falls short of a championship, they can use that to show how overrated Duke is when they fail to win with all that talent including the generational player.

If they put that title on him and Duke falls short of a championship, they can use that to show how overrated Duke is when they fail to win with all that talent including the generational player.
Exactly! The media loves to do this. Just enjoy the fact that we have a potentially great OAD.

Exactly! The media loves to do this. Just enjoy the fact that we have a potentially great OAD.
But aren’t most on the board talking about final four and seeding ? I’m lost because I’ve seen where a lot of posters have said Duke is final four or bust and Duke should always be in the conversation for the national championship. Flagg will be OAD regardless if Duke wins it all or goes out in the round of 68.

Reactions: jamsession2
Winning a National Championship isn’t a birth right, just because you have multiple 5 stars on a team doesn’t mean “it’s a title or bust” season.

I actually enjoy watching the progress of the team every season. Every fan has different barometers of measuring a successful season. For me it’s getting to the Elite 8 (Regional Championship) or better. There are 366 teams in Division 1 and you are one of the Best 8 teams left playing on the last 10 days of the season, that’s Success. If your barometer is expecting a Final 4 or better finish each season then more often than not you are going to be disappointed every season that’s the reality of it.

But aren’t most on the board talking about final four and seeding ? I’m lost because I’ve seen where a lot of posters have said Duke is final four or bust and Duke should always be in the conversation for the national championship. Flagg will be OAD regardless if Duke wins it all or goes out in the round of 68.
I'm in total agreement. Just protect the kid. Don't play him out of position, and keep the least amount of pressure off of him. There is a solid mix of veteran and young players. It will be fun.

There is a bullseye on Flagg. I'm praying the chemistry is good.

Reactions: sheyduke
I'm in total agreement. Just protect the kid. Don't play him out of position, and keep the least amount of pressure off of him. There is a solid mix of veteran and young players. It will be fun.

There is a bullseye on Flagg. I'm praying the chemistry is good.
This . He’s not even saying he’s the star on the team in every interview he is talking about the overall ability of the team . Players need to show their worth but playing him out of position will not help this team .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT