ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Recruiting Chatter

ClintJackson1

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Sep 14, 2004
Midlothian, VA
It's been a little slow the last few weeks in regards to Duke hoops recruiting. So I wanted to start an interactive discussion and you all can feel free to ask questions.

It does appear that the 2017 net is expanding a bit.

Kevin Knox got his Duke offer and the 6-7 combo-forward from Tampa (FL) appears to be a big Tobacco Road target. NC State, North Carolina and Duke all have offers out for the intense, aggressive forward out of Florida.

Brian Bowen, after falling off the Duke radar for a few months (by my view) seems to be back on it. Jon Scheyer flew out to see him recently and Bowen talked about Duke a bit when I interviewed him a week ago. I have an article coming on Bowen soon.

It's been pretty quiet on the DJ Harvey front. But I will dig and try to get some intel and updates on him over the next week.

Wendell Carter Is a big Duke target and I think they're in exceptional shape with the Atlanta big man.
Ditto for Gary Trent Jr, the wide-shouldered 6-5 scorer from Apple Valley (MN).

Michael Porter Jr still lists Duke, but I ain't feeling that one, despite his tremendous talent level. I absolutely love his game.

Mohamed Bamba, I believe, has a Duke offer, but I can't really get anyone in his camp to discuss specifics. They prefer a more private approach. The 6-11 big man is so agile, long and fluid. One of the best shotblockers (and shot changers) that you will see. He's super skinny, but such a weapon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News