ADVERTISEMENT

2 seed in Midwest

ND actually won because they had a solid defensive game plan, and because they exposed Duke as a bad defensive team. Defense tends to win in the Big Dance. For the reason, you can see the Blue Devils struggling as they move forward.

What about Duke's defense (or lack thereof) would make you confident in the weeks ahead?

Quit being an asshole. Thanks!

We know we're not good defensively....but our defensive numbers over the course of the season are better than Notre Dame's. That's just a fact. ND isn't even a top 100 defense on kenpom.

The difference between Duke and ND, and I'll even bring UNC into the mix....is that Duke and UNC aspire to win big games. Had either the Heels or us won the ACCT we'd have been thrilled. But ND won it and it's being called one of the greatest wins in program history. That's kind of embarrassing if I'm a ND fan.

I will say this about the two losses to ND. In both games, ND hit a shot they had no business of hitting to stop any Duke momentum. I think Duke's defensive performances since VT have been very solid...

Hey, Jimsouls, sit back, relax, have a nice hot cup of STFU.

Originally posted by JIMSOULS:

ND actually won because they had a solid defensive game plan, and because they exposed Duke as a bad defensive team. Defense tends to win in the Big Dance. For the reason, you can see the Blue Devils struggling as they move forward.

What about Duke's defense (or lack thereof) would make you confident in the weeks ahead?
Wins of @Wisconsin, @UVA, MSU, @UNC, UNC, ND just to name a few....pretty confident.

last nite was a great win for Brey and ND. and well deserved. they worked hard, played better and beat 2 ranked teams to win the ACC championship. this is a great accomplishment and good for the new ACC.

Brey has been doing it the right way at Notre Dame for a while and is part of the extended Duke family. Yes there have been few signature moments for his teams and he should enjoy this a lot.

Bree's decision to not double Okafor and play 1:1 against him was a gutsy call. We didn't adjust in game to this mismatch fast enough and it cost us.

Originally posted by madrussian:
last nite was a great win for Brey and ND. and well deserved. they worked hard, played better and beat 2 ranked teams to win the ACC championship. this is a great accomplishment and good for the new ACC.

Brey has been doing it the right way at Notre Dame for a while and is part of the extended Duke family. Yes there have been few signature moments for his teams and he should enjoy this a lot.

Bree's decision to not double Okafor and play 1:1 against him was a gutsy call. We didn't adjust in game to this mismatch fast enough and it cost us.
I just feel like Duke came out with no energy and seemed like they were sleepwalking. By the time they woke up it was too late. Nd played over their heads a bit too with the way Colson played especially. Not to take anything away from ND but they threw up a lot of crap that went in. I hope Duke learned a lesson from the way they came out and it doesn't happen again.

Originally posted by dukiejay:
Quit being an asshole. Thanks!

We know we're not good defensively....but our defensive numbers over the course of the season are better than Notre Dame's. That's just a fact. ND isn't even a top 100 defense on kenpom.

The difference between Duke and ND, and I'll even bring UNC into the mix....is that Duke and UNC aspire to win big games. Had either the Heels or us won the ACCT we'd have been thrilled. But ND won it and it's being called one of the greatest wins in program history. That's kind of embarrassing if I'm a ND fan.
I am wondering if JIM has an answer for this post.

Originally posted by JIMSOULS:

You know it seems that when Duke gets beat from any other teams besides UNC, NCSU Wake Forest and a couple of others some troll fan like you that we here at DI has never heard from pops up and all of a suddenly he has become an agitator. I guess that every fan base has one. Look soul man if you had checked out some of our threads and post you would see that just about everything we have to say about ND has been positive and just about every Duke fan was pulling for the Irish. You IMO come across as very arrogant although you really have nothing to be arrogant about. I think that perhaps you may be a little insecure about your program or just need to be noticed. You haven't said anything to be banned from this board but I just wish you'd stay with your kind . But there is always the possibility that you are a Tar Heel fan in disguise. They've been known to do this. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT