ADVERTISEMENT

Wake Forest v. Ohio State closed-door scrimmage

ConorONeill

Cameron Crazy
Staff
Aug 13, 2021
No, I'm not posting on the wrong board ...

As I think you all know, I'm the publisher of the Wake Forest site in addition to this one. Their closed-door scrimmage was yesterday against Ohio State and it dawned on me that's of some interest for Duke purposes, given Ohio State is Duke's ACC-Big Ten opponent this season (Nov. 30) and Duke plays Wake twice, with the first matchup coming early (Dec. 20 in the always-trolled "first true road game").

So I've got info on the Wake side of things I figured would be useful to post here:

Today was Wake Forest's not-so-secret scrimmage against Ohio State.

Here's the word: Wake Forest had six players score in double figures; made 13 3-pointers; had 19 assists; and recorded 13 steals.

I didn't get a score or box but ... have heard that the Deacons handled Ohio State.

My thoughts:

Though it's not a lot to go on, it does seem to confirm what we thought going into the season: This team is more balanced than last season, it's got more shooters and that's going to be a focal point. The steals number is huge -- Forbes mentioned sometime recently that he might want to use a little press with this team because there's so much speed in the backcourt and length on the wings, and I think that might've shown up here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News