ADVERTISEMENT

Zion's weight, Is it a problem?

Sep 28, 2012
First off let me just say he is an animal and I am soooo appreciative that he committed to Duke. With that said my dawg needs to lay off sugar, fast food, momma's home cook meals (cuz i know she can throw down), starches, hell anything that was not put here by the creator he needs to stop eating lmao. Seriously though if he does all this athletically at 270-275, what if he went down to about 255-260? It would stop his nagging injuries (at least lessen them), increase his conditioning, possibly increase his vert? All I am trying to say is that there is a reason LBJ lost a lot of his mass and that was mostly muscle, it will improve overall longevity.

Think about this, by most accounts Charles Barkley NEVER worked out and ate McDonalds/ordered pizzas at practice while watching the team do drills majority of his whole basketball career. Charles Barkley is the best undersized PF the NBA has ever seen, imagine if he worked out and lost weight.

Reactions: GillJET
I’ve seem nothing but ripped guns coming out of his jersey. Haters will try to do anything to bring Duke/Zion down. That is the calling card of sacks of shit fanbases like UNC/UK. I love the jealousy and hate.

lol, no bro you can see it in his face. He is a little chubby, that is why he has had some injuries. Most likely the reason why he got up to 275 was cause of not being able to do anything.

I can buy the injury part but no one ever mentioned Zion’s weight till he committed to Duke. Ironic don’t you think?

I think if he had any weight problem at all, he wouldn't be able to jump out of the gym like he does, and he appears to get up and down the floor well too. I'm sure his conditioning could be better, so could mine, but it doesn't look to be hampering him one bit.

Reactions: pisgah101
hqdefault.jpg

His weight is a huge issue. I mean look at the guy , he can barely jump.

Right? People tend to obsess over the minutiae. Zion doesn’t need to be drilling 3-balls to be effective (another criticism I see often). He obviously can jump. And dunk. And dunk (that needed to be repeated). He will trim down. I’m guessing he’ll finish his career at Duke around 255-260. Call it a hunch. Carter has lost the baby fat. Remember Brand when he got to Duke? How about when he left? Zion will be fine. He’s a kid who was a man amongst boys with little impetus to get cut. That’s about to change.

He needs some serious attention, before they have to saw his foot off!

Something tells me he will be in amazing shape after a entire offseason at one of the best athletic facilities in the world. It's not like he's out of shape now he will only be better which is scary for anybody that has to get in front of him

His biceps are too big and so are his shoulders. OFC

His chest is way is big also and so are his thighs. He needs to get down to AOC's size. ;) OFC

Last edited:
Hey @Swervin_Irvin_Duke, think of it this way, if Barkley lost that weight, would he have been as effective?

I think if his weight becomes an issue, it won’t be until he’s later into his career. For now, it’s a huge advantage for him (no pun intended). If his conditioning is good, and he plays good defense, I say leave him alone.

Someone who is 6'5 shouldn't weigh 272 lbs. It's insane that he can do what he does with that much extra weight. I expect he'll play around 250.

What makes me most excited about him is that he's an 82% free throw shooter. I suspect he'll live at the line.

It's crazy that he may be the 3rd best player on the team next year.

Is it possible that Zion can give some of the weight to AOC? Without losing any muscle of course.

Reactions: denniden
I wonder if the magic of the cinder blocks next year will have him listed at 6-8 255

Hell no! Keep that weight. Tone up a little. If he’s gonna play the 4 at 6’5 then he need that weight to help hold position. What’s his wingspan?

Reactions: HonkeyT
We're gonna need Zions size to be able to keep up with unc's versatile big luke maye to keep him from streaking down the court with wide receiver speed and tight end power to above the rim with that spry agility and smoothness that few have. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT