ADVERTISEMENT

Zion

Some here may remember that I'm from Ky. Due to my wife's work assignment, we're currently in Boston. We were going to be back home in KY in time for the Duke/KY game, but just found out that she got an extension here in Boston. Sooooo glad I don't have to be in KY for that game anymore.

Zion is your guy's best player and shooter, have watched him since he was a sophomore in high school.. I agree with Jakari, Zion or Reid either one will shut the other down, like numerous posters here said, Zion is too strong and explosive, but Travis is as big and him being a 5th year senior will also give Zion fits, Reid has been playing division 1 basketball for a long time now, he will know how to face Zion..

Zion has 47 more pounds of muscle but yep, Reid "is just as big"! Lol

Zion is the fattest guy in the ACC since BJ Anya ate Mark gottfried's career.

50f5c9a7dcc250a7e34b5fad4d2ecfe7.gif

Reactions: skysdad and sgrooms
When have you seen more athletic players destroy Reid or guard him? It’s understandable to think that if you’ve never watched Stanford but anyone that has watched knows he’s a big problem. Ayton struggles with him and his y’all and athletic. I think both struggle to guard each other especially since Zion has to deal with him PJ Washington and EJ Montgomery

Travis may have the size and strength to guard post players but Zion is far from just a post player. Whoever is on him is going to have to stick him on the perimeter as well, and travis simply is not nearly quick enough to stop him out there. Also Zion is a whole lot bigger and stronger than Ayton, so it's not a given that Zion struggles in the post like Ayton presumably did.

I do think folks are whistling past the graveyard a bit re: Travis. Guy is a big, experienced dude.

Travis is a really, really good player. He's a traditional big in every sense of the word. I really thought he was coming to Duke five years ago.

I do think folks are whistling past the graveyard a bit re: Travis. Guy is a big, experienced dude.

I agree. While it is true that Zion will have success scoring against Reid, Zion will likely have trouble guarding Reid in return. Travis is the type of crafty senior whose experience will allow him to have success vs the more physically gifted freshman.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT