ADVERTISEMENT

Zion Williamson wins AP Player of the Year

Couldn't ask for a better kid on and off the court to represent the program. Well deserved honor for the most talented college player I've ever seen.

Just seems unfair this young man with his talent, his love of the game, teammates, and Duke, is not playing this weekend. I don't think I ever saw a guy so talented, yet so humble that he would stop what he is doing to take time out for fans with a huge smile on his face. Most kids that age, with all the hype he's had since his Junior year of high school, very easily could have been stuck on himself. He was just so special and we all are lucky to have had him with Duke across his chest.

Just seems unfair this young man with his talent, his love of the game, teammates, and Duke, is not playing this weekend. I don't think I ever saw a guy so talented, yet so humble that he would stop what he is doing to take time out for fans with a huge smile on his face. Most kids that age, with all the hype he's had since his Junior year of high school, very easily could have been stuck on himself. He was just so special and we all are lucky to have had him with Duke across his chest.

Unfair for him? for HIM???

It’s unfair to ME!!!! ME Soldier!! ME!!

Love the way this kid has handled himself OFF the court. He’s so mature. He’s humble. Positive attitude. Down to earth. Seemingly compassionate. Thoughtful. Always carries himself with a smile or laughing. Just a tremendous tremendous young man. And that’s not mentioning any of his superb on the court skills. Hope he kills it in the NBA.

Reactions: retiredsoldier
Man we should be playing this weekend. Can't believe we are done seeing him in a Duke uniform. I felt like it was just yesterday that he announced. My dad called me and needless to say WE WERE PUMPED. Congrats on an amazing year, from an amazing player,

Word is he is in Minneapolis. If he is and I see him I’ll be the guy immortalized in a meme of a 35 YO man jumping up and down, crying and screaming like a teenage girl in the 60s that just saw The Beatles.

Has anyone seen the Shriners Hospital commercials? I saw a picture posted on Facebook earlier today of Zion with the kid in the wheelchair in the commercial that does most of the talking. Has anyone else seen it?

Reactions: skysdad
So does Zion get his jersey retired? I know he didn’t graduate but why not? He deserves it

Reactions: retiredsoldier
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT